Travis

Bush Hall
JustTheFacesChange
JustTheFacesChange Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 3:28 PM Quote
If anyone is going tonight, I am going solo - so wouldn't mind meeting a few new faces and share the fun!

amandine.eap@gmail.com

Re: Bush Hall
Dolly Mixed Up Girl
Dolly Mixed Up Girl Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 3:30 PM Quote
I am! We are going to be getting there really early as i want to be at the front.
I'm wearing a denim skirt, black tights, and a black top, maybe with my green travis tshirt on top! I'll be with my husband who is 6 foot 3 so you should see him!
Come say hi, you can stand with us!

JustTheFacesChange
JustTheFacesChange Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 3:40 PM Quote
Nice!
Well, I'm not sure how early I am getting there yet... probably not until doors but if I spot you guys and its not too packed around, I will come and say hello!

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 4:02 PM Quote
I'm a short dark-haired female wearing a sling on my left arm. I'll be at one side of the room. Getting there 7-ish. If you spot me, say hi :)

Dolly Mixed Up Girl
Dolly Mixed Up Girl Posted Thu 16 Sep, 2010 4:21 PM Quote
I'm sure we'll see you Tonie - have a great time!

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Fri 17 Sep, 2010 10:29 AM Quote
Any Reviews?

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 17 Sep, 2010 12:48 PM Quote
Yes com'on peeps we want to hear how it was !!

Dolly Mixed Up Girl
Dolly Mixed Up Girl Posted Sat 18 Sep, 2010 11:28 AM Quote
Sorry for not posting yesterday - was just so tired all day and struggled through a day at work!

The gig was just amazing. We were lucky enough to be right at the front, pretty much in front of the man himself.
What an amazing venue - I have never been anywhere where you can literally be within touching distance of the performer.

I am rubbish at remembering setlists so stole this from a website:

Writing To Reach You
Anything
As You Are
Sing Me To Sleep
Fly In The Ointment
Dear Diary
In the Morning
As It Comes
Flowers In the Window
Rocking Chair
Sing
Humpty Dumpty Love Song
Driftwood
Buttercups
Turn
Indefinitely
Slide Show

He started with 20 which is one of my favourite songs so it was great to hear that again. He did with without his mic - more like "busking" he said!
Great to hear some old songs mixed in with his new material. Hard to pick a favourite but really liked Anything and Buttercups.
He ended with asking for a request - and played Slideshow (rather than WDIAROM like he did in Glasgow).

Despite seeing Travis lots of times live, I was reminded just how amazing Fran's voice is live - just fantastic. I am sure everyone there would agree with me - I was just in awe of him the whole way through!

We were very fortunate to meet Fran outside afterwards - so lovely as always - and I finally have a new picture with him - the only other one I have is at Glastonbury 1999 so I am well chuffed!

My husband says I have been in a great mood since Thursday night so I am sure he wants to thank Fran as much as me!!

Now just eagerly awaiting the album!

:)

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Sat 18 Sep, 2010 7:14 PM Quote
Pretty much the same as Glasgow apart from the last two songs! Which are the two i would have wanted...gutting hah

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 19 Sep, 2010 2:43 PM Quote
Dear Diary, these are my thoughts on the gig:

I thought the support guy, Pete Lawrie, was really good. I'd heard him for the first time on Dermot's R2 show a few weeks' previously, liked him then, and was delighted to see him in the flesh, so to speak!

It was great to see Fran after such a long hiatus. He looked relaxed and seemed to enjoy being there playing to us. (hope I'm right about that!)

Bush Hall is just gorgeous, and was a lovely setting to showcase his solo material. It was a tasty introduction to the album release next month.

The stories behind the songs are always a pleasure, in this case, a combination of humour and sadness, but always absorbing.

Fran, if you're reading: re your debut duet....if I'm not mistaken, I think you duetted with David Ford at Bush Hall a few years ago, so I'd challenge you on that statement!!!! Mmmmmm, lookie at what I just found...I soooo love this!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrgXa05fx-g

Ok, so it's not an official recording, as with Niko Case, but Merry Christmas 2008 :)

One other question to Fran or anyone out there: With the exception of "20" (for which I humbly thank you, it's sublime), all the Travis classics on the set were from The Man Who and The Invisible Band. I'm not complaining, (quite the opposite) just speculating on the reason for omitting tracks from 4 other albums....I have my thoughts, but would love to hear others, maybe even an official explanation please! :)

Thanks for a great gig, Fran. Don't be a stranger...London has missed you x

Dolly Mixed Up Girl
Dolly Mixed Up Girl Posted Sun 19 Sep, 2010 10:15 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
I thought the support guy, Pete Lawrie, was really good. I'd heard him for the first time on Dermot's R2 show a few weeks' previously, liked him then, and was delighted to see him in the flesh, so to speak!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention Pete - we thought he was great too - loved his voice. Hope to hear more of him.

Always love Fran's stories - it's so refreshing to hear things like that, as lots of bands/singers bearly even say hi to the audience sometimes!

Thanks for posting the video - I have seen David Ford a few times but only when he was in Easyworld - not since he has been solo, would like to though.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 19 Sep, 2010 11:38 PM Quote
Dolly Mixed Up Girl wrote:

Oh yeah I forgot to mention Pete - we thought he was great too - loved his voice. Hope to hear more of him.

Always love Fran's stories - it's so refreshing to hear things like that, as lots of bands/singers bearly even say hi to the audience sometimes!

Thanks for posting the video - I have seen David Ford a few times but only when he was in Easyworld - not since he has been solo, would like to though.

Pete Lawrie - I grabbed him after his set, shameless female that I am, and had a brief chat. He's supporting Corinne Bailey Rae next, fyi!

Yes, I agree _ Matt Bellamy from Muse didn't even manage "hello "Wembley" last week. And those were seriously scary expensive tickets :(

Don't start me on the Ford. In a word: legend!!! Another subject for another thread :)

JustTheFacesChange
JustTheFacesChange Posted Thu 30 Sep, 2010 6:51 PM Quote
http://amandineeap.wordpress.com/2010/09/23/fun-fran-healy-london-bushhall/

I somehow ended up with 3 spares for tonight if anyone want one? email me on amandine.eap@gmail.com it goes onto my phone !

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:26 AM