Travis

Re: Weird things your mind thinks about
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 12 Sep, 2010 1:02 AM Quote
why not a " coke " ?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 12 Sep, 2010 5:20 AM Quote
I asked for a Shirley Temple but they didn't have the stuff for it so I changed it to a Sprite. And even in Texas if you ask for a coke in a club, they're going to not ask "which kind." They're going to hand you a coke.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 12 Sep, 2010 3:04 PM Quote
Well in further adventurus of ask a Texan ..... is it true that it's bad etiquette to not serve the Bar B Q sauce on the side ?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 12 Sep, 2010 6:33 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Well in further adventurus of ask a Texan ..... is it true that it's bad etiquette to not serve the Bar B Q sauce on the side ?

The side of what? Cake?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 12 Sep, 2010 7:06 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

The side of what? Cake?

over here if you get bar b q ,the sauce is poured on it. one of your hommies told me thats bad form it should be in a dish on the side..... i'm looking for a 2nd opinion

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 12 Sep, 2010 8:11 PM Quote
If you went to a straight up BBQ place here you would get meat with sauce on the side.

mili
mili Posted Mon 13 Sep, 2010 9:24 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
This morning as I was driving down 8 Mile in Detroit, I thought about Eminem. But he wasn't thinking about me.

I was watching a documentary called Requiem for Detroit last night and was thinking of you. And briefly of Eminem when 8 mile was mentioned.

Interesting stuff, apparently some people have started growing their own food amongst the destroyed houses.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 13 Sep, 2010 12:58 PM Quote
I saw this book in the store , "Why Be Something You're Not: The Detroit Hardcore Scene 1979-1985"

and had to think of a Detriot hardcore band from back then and couldn't off the top of my head remember one .

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 13 Sep, 2010 2:40 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
This morning as I was driving down 8 Mile in Detroit, I thought about Eminem. But he wasn't thinking about me.

I was watching a documentary called Requiem for Detroit last night and was thinking of you. And briefly of Eminem when 8 mile was mentioned.

Interesting stuff, apparently some people have started growing their own food amongst the destroyed houses.

Yes, they call it "urban agriculture." Detroit has been called a "food desert" because there aren't many grocery stores and the produce that is available isn't fresh and is overpriced. One thing Detroit has is land, so they are starting to grow neighborhood gardens and stuff. Some people want to go bigger with it. (I live in a suburb and we have plenty of grocery stores and fresh food available.)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 13 Sep, 2010 10:51 PM Quote
As I've spent too much time thinking about it since yesterday I guess it's the right thread to ask:
SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME LADY GAGA'S MEAT DRESS WASN'T REALLY MADE OF MEAT AND JUST LOOKED LIKE IT!!!

Please.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 13 Sep, 2010 11:49 PM Quote
everytime she came on screen i yelled at my tv. Usually something to the effect of "SHUT UP WITH YOUR STUPID SHOES!"

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 14 Sep, 2010 12:11 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
As I've spent too much time thinking about it since yesterday I guess it's the right thread to ask:
SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME LADY GAGA'S MEAT DRESS WASN'T REALLY MADE OF MEAT AND JUST LOOKED LIKE IT!!!

Please.

I wondered the same thing. I guess it was real from what I've read. But...ew. It would stink, even if the meat was very fresh. It would be greasy. It would be cold and clammy to wear. Yuck!!!
http://allieiswired.com/archives/2010/09/lady-gaga-was-wearing-real-meat/

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 14 Sep, 2010 12:13 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I wondered the same thing. I guess it was real from what I've read. But...ew. It would stink, even if the meat was very fresh. It would be greasy. It would be cold and clammy to wear. Yuck!!!
http://allieiswired.com/archives/2010/09/lady-gaga-was-wearing-real-meat/

I really am not too sensitive but EWWW. I feel sick.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 1:56 PM