Travis

sing me to sleep
thatlinewasfine
thatlinewasfine Posted Mon 09 Aug, 2010 7:15 PM Quote
Just wondering did anyone get to hear it on krcw?I tryed to listen but the site is impossible:(

Re: sing me to sleep
davidbova
davidbova Posted Tue 10 Aug, 2010 1:38 AM Quote
it sounds amazing!!!!!!!!! you can listen again on KCRW .. the archives for the saturday august 7th, the chris douridas show. 2nd song after the villagers

REALLY GOOD!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 10 Aug, 2010 1:50 AM Quote
It's my favourite of the songs i've heard from Wreckorder. It's better than any song from Ode To J Smith, easily. It's so beautiful. Not forced in any way in the slightest. Better than Buttercups (which i also think is better than anything on Ode). I didn't realise it was Fran for about a minute. It's really good.

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Tue 10 Aug, 2010 4:15 AM Quote
sorry.. may i know what the site kcrw is? really wanna listen to sing me to sleep too. thanks!

davidbova
davidbova Posted Tue 10 Aug, 2010 11:24 AM Quote
http://www.kcrw.com/music/programs/gz/new_ground

thatlinewasfine
thatlinewasfine Posted Tue 10 Aug, 2010 11:56 AM Quote
Thanks david,took me a good few listens to get into the song but now i love it.this should be one hell of an album,cant wait to hear the studio version of fly in my ointment.from what i heard so far my favourite!

milos
milos Posted Tue 10 Aug, 2010 2:31 PM Quote
I like it. It has great melody and beautiful vocals. I especially like the fact that it doesn't sound like Travis. I hope the album will have at least a couple of songs that wouldn't fit on a Travis album because then the whole idea of doing a solo album makes more sense in a way.

davidbova
davidbova Posted Tue 10 Aug, 2010 3:27 PM Quote
I really hope he'll play this stuff with a full band!!!!!

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Tue 10 Aug, 2010 5:16 PM Quote
Argree Milos this is much better than Buttercups becuase its different hope the other songs are more like this when we get studio versions.

Also hope he does get a little band together i can see them all on stage somewhere like Oran Mor in glasgow.

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Tue 10 Aug, 2010 6:05 PM Quote
looove it! thanks, you guys, for the link. i was doing something else when the next song came up so i couldn't see the title. i was like, is this already it? the genre's far outside Travis but somehow the lyrics sounded very much like something franny would have written. He didn't sound like fran a bit but the way he'd pronounce some words gave him away.. and then "sing me to sleep" was said so it was really it!! looove! :)

Mmusse
Mmusse Posted Tue 10 Aug, 2010 11:28 PM Quote
I love this song! :D I've heard it 10-15 times today. Can't wait for the album. This is really brilliant and beautiful. Thanks for sharing this :)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 11 Aug, 2010 7:56 AM Quote
Just had a listen and I love it! So excited for October 5th!

davidbova
davidbova Posted Wed 11 Aug, 2010 12:44 PM Quote
As It Comes appears to be playlisted on theyre rolling music stream also..which doesnt seem to be archived..

hopefully it'll make it onto kcrw's broadcast radio and we can have a peek!

Or has it already? Anyone catch it?

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Mon 16 Aug, 2010 11:48 AM Quote
i can't find the song on that site, can anyone help me? :(

davidbova
davidbova Posted Mon 16 Aug, 2010 3:54 PM Quote
The KCRW shows, much like most on demand playback services only seem to allow you to hear the latest show sorry. A couple of days too late unfortunatly!

Perhaps someone ripped it off the site, but I'm not sure thats a good idea, the quality wasnt that great

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:09 AM