Travis

Re: Hey, hey hockey fans!
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 04 Jun, 2010 9:11 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I read an article saying there was a lot of criticism for how expensive it is. How many nights does it air? Why is it so expensive? And can't the country/station (who foots the bill exactly) make the money back through ads and such?

I listened to the song that won. I wish I could have those 4 minutes back.

2 nights I think, I'm not sure though. The stations don't make the money back because it airs on national tv, without ads.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 04 Jun, 2010 9:15 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
How do you get picked to represent the country? Could I just write a song and submit it if I lived in a European country? i would like to write one about crumpet love. and unicorns.

It depends, in Poland the public picks the winner during the qualifications (it also airs in the national tv). And yes, here you could do that ;).

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 04 Jun, 2010 9:27 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:
How do you get picked to represent the country? Could I just write a song and submit it if I lived in a European country? i would like to write one about crumpet love. and unicorns.

It depends, in Poland the public picks the winner during the qualifications (it also airs in the national tv). And yes, here you could do that ;).

then perhaps I should move to Poland. Do you have crumpets, Meggy?

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 05 Jun, 2010 5:20 PM Quote
In Spain it's the people who decide the person that wins. The national TV upload the songs on a website and people vote.

travisturkey wrote:
Monica wrote:
I don't watch Eurovision, but what happened to the Spanish singer was not nice...

I think it was hilarious! :D

That guy has done that a few times. He's stupid.

happy_me
happy_me Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2010 11:03 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
I read an article saying there was a lot of criticism for how expensive it is. How many nights does it air? Why is it so expensive? And can't the country/station (who foots the bill exactly) make the money back through ads and such?

I listened to the song that won. I wish I could have those 4 minutes back.

2 nights I think, I'm not sure though. The stations don't make the money back because it airs on national tv, without ads.

3 nights actually, there are 2 semifinals and 1 final. Why it is so expensive I don't know, but I think the show got most of the money set aside for music in Oslo this year, leaving basically nothing for the rest. As for ads and stuff, NRK (the norwegian broadcasting company) is owned by the goverment and is not allowed to have ads. Everyone in Norway who ownes a TV has to pay a license two times a year (and it's bloody expensive), and that's how NRK is funded.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 7:05 PM