Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 26 Mar, 2011 3:28 PM Quote
What you're doing now is great for your present and future, but it won't fix whatever BS happened in the past. Just know that your current efforts aren't wasted. Hang in there.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 26 Mar, 2011 3:40 PM Quote
Why do people care so much about sports? I don't get it. I'm so sick of somebody on my FB constantly posting stuff about a certain team. A college team, a college neither she nor anyone in her family ever attended, a sport she does not play herself. Yet she's all, "WOO HOOO! SPORTY SPORT SPORTNESS! GO GO GO!" every stinkin' day. It's starting to get on my nerves. I hate sports.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 26 Mar, 2011 4:03 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Why do people care so much about sports? I don't get it. I'm so sick of somebody on my FB constantly posting stuff about a certain team. A college team, a college neither she nor anyone in her family ever attended, a sport she does not play herself. Yet she's all, "WOO HOOO! SPORTY SPORT SPORTNESS! GO GO GO!" every stinkin' day. It's starting to get on my nerves. I hate sports.

haha, is this a reaction to March Madness? It is making you a little...mad

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 26 Mar, 2011 11:38 PM Quote
No, she's been making me mad since February!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 27 Mar, 2011 3:40 PM Quote
I notice weird difference about this country. Like, at the grocery store, the cashier doesnt start ringing in the next person until you have completely removed all of your stuff from the...place where you bag your groceries. At home they would just start with the next person as long as there was room.
The cashier just weirdly sits there watching you. awkward.

Also, looked at a house today. Fingers crossed it is soon mine!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 27 Mar, 2011 6:55 PM Quote

I hate the fact that the clocks changed, the bastard kids of Cabra have decided that it's now a great idea to congregate and play football against the shutter in the vets downstairs, it would have been dark and they would have fucked off by this time yesterday.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 27 Mar, 2011 7:24 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I hate the fact that the clocks changed, the bastard kids of Cabra have decided that it's now a great idea to congregate and play football against the shutter in the vets downstairs, it would have been dark and they would have fucked off by this time yesterday.

Dubz

that made me look out the window and go "IT'S STILL LIGHT OUT!"

mili
mili Posted Sun 27 Mar, 2011 10:04 PM Quote
I really don't understand why we still have to mess up with the clocks, it's 24/7 society, and there won't be any less or more electricity used whether it's summertime or not. All it does is to confuse people's body clock for days, kind of massive jet lag for the whole nation.

I spent nearly an hour in emptying a massive flower pot ( a largeish hibiscus lived in it, about 20 liters of soil) to replace, cleaning it up, including washing the roots of the plant the best I could. It's the last house plant to have a complete makeover since I had enough of a tropical mushroom living in my plant pots (it gave me breathing problems). I would come home after a week away, and there would be this huge ugly yellowy green mushroom growing in a plant pot. Gross. There were plenty in this one, but it was too big to tackle with the others earlier in the year. I just hope I didn't freak out the poor plant too much today, and that the mushroom is gone!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 27 Mar, 2011 11:11 PM Quote
I didn't know you could grow hibiscus indoors. Does it bloom?

mili
mili Posted Mon 28 Mar, 2011 7:15 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I didn't know you could grow hibiscus indoors. Does it bloom?

Oh, yes! Big beautiful red flowers, that don't last for long. I've seen massive trees in some homes, mine is rather small.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 28 Mar, 2011 7:13 PM Quote
This has nothing to do with today's news of me, but I didn't want to make a new thread for this question. I was wondering, is there a difference in feeling being drunk vs. being high?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 28 Mar, 2011 7:59 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
This has nothing to do with today's news of me, but I didn't want to make a new thread for this question. I was wondering, is there a difference in how you feel between being drunk and being high?

Generally, there are similarities. Depends on the "high", if it's just a bit of dope (smoke) then it's quite similar however E is a different buzz, coke & speed mixed with alcohol tend to emphasise the beer buzz, you can drink loads without losing as much "motor skills".

That's a huge generalization. Based solely on my own experience. It may be different for other people/drugs/combinations.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 28 Mar, 2011 10:05 PM Quote
Just something I wondered after I watched a movie where some people were drinking and others were smoking marijuana and another guy was doing cocaine.

mili
mili Posted Tue 29 Mar, 2011 6:43 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Just something I wondered after I watched a movie where some people were drinking and others were smoking marijuana and another guy was doing cocaine.

My knowledge of drugs is limited, but I've heard that some drugs keep you alert whilst alcohol often ends up making you sleepy. I think a mixed company of different substance users wouldn't find themselves on the same wavelength as they have a different effect on your mood.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 29 Mar, 2011 1:56 PM Quote
Smoke: gives you a relaxing mellow buzz, sorta slows you down and stops you worrying, it heightens aural and visual senses, Music and light shows become more vibrant, it can also make you light headed, other effects include things become funnier (the giggles) and hunger (the munchies).

Speed/Cocaine: Heightens all your senses, your thinking becomes very fast but also not so logical, you will come up with fantasically simple ideas which when seen afterwards are pure nonsense but made perfect sense at the time, a real need to chat and interact with others, a loss of inhibition you can tell perfect strangers how you feel or secrets about yourself you wouldn't normally reveal. A sense of confidence you feel you can achieve anything. Ability to drink a lot more than normal and stay alert.

Ecstacy: A need to move, a sense of euphoria and all is well in the world, affection. Unfortunately these days it's reckoned that most E contains no MDMA (methyldioxymethamphetamine) it's just a mixture of speed and barbituites, Highly dangerous as people were using anything (brick dust, glass) to "bind" it into a pill form. It's also dangerous as you can suffer heat exhaustion or dehydration, it's vitally important to drink tons of liquids while on E.

I took a lot of stupid chances and gambles when I was younger and although I don't regret any of it and in some cases had an absolutely wonderful time, I would reccomend that people stay away from drugs. Life has taught me one thing... balance. The universe will restore balance in most things, that means for every up there's a down and while you might be "mads for it" all weekend there is an effect known as Suicide Tuesday (when you've come back down and all the "good" has left your system). As long as you act responsibly and are not hurting or annoying anyone including yourself I cannot condone drug taking, enjoy it, it's fun... but it's not very often that someone doesn't get hurt.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:01 AM