Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 25 Feb, 2011 1:57 PM Quote
Wow, he's become Americanized in such a short time. ;o)

It is blowing snow here. The wind appears to be blowing from the east and the west at the same time. I don't want to go out, but I have to. Four times today. Blah. 4-6 inches expected by noon.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 25 Feb, 2011 2:10 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Wow, he's become Americanized in such a short time. ;o)

It is blowing snow here. The wind appears to be blowing from the east and the west at the same time. I don't want to go out, but I have to. Four times today. Blah. 4-6 inches expected by noon.

Do you guys get Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup stateside ??

It's really thick and great when coming in from the cold, especially with big thick slices of bread.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 25 Feb, 2011 2:54 PM Quote
I don't think Heinz makes any soup here. But Campbell's makes it. Unfortunately, I don't like tomato soup.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 25 Feb, 2011 4:38 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Our foreign exchange student just asked me if he could stay home because he forgot to do a project that is due today and he needs to stay home so he can finish it.

It was really hard not to laugh at the request. I was surprised that he seemed surprised when I said no.

I obviously have no idea how these things work, but why was the request laughable? :oP

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 25 Feb, 2011 4:50 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
Our foreign exchange student just asked me if he could stay home because he forgot to do a project that is due today and he needs to stay home so he can finish it.

It was really hard not to laugh at the request. I was surprised that he seemed surprised when I said no.

I obviously have no idea how these things work, but why was the request laughable? :oP

He's still in high school, Juli. He forgot to do his homework and wanted to skip school. No, no, no, Anne will not allow it!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 25 Feb, 2011 4:53 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
He's still in high school, Juli. He forgot to do his homework and wanted to skip school. No, no, no, Anne will not allow it!

Ah!! I see, hahaha. It is laughable. :oP

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 25 Feb, 2011 9:46 PM Quote
I just spent an hour and a half on the phone to my folks... Feck.

Dubz

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 2:16 AM Quote
I slept in until noon today. I got 12 hours of sleep. It was very nice.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 8:53 AM Quote
I didnt get the job and I came to the board and got an error_1! NOOOOOOOOOOOO
But today Im making tacos, so things are looking up.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 9:39 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
I slept in until noon today. I got 12 hours of sleep. It was very nice.

I went to bed about 1:30am this morning and was back up at 7:00am because I can't sleep.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 6:42 PM Quote
Looking for a place to live in London is a FREAKSHOW. No Mahmed, I won't live with you in the same room. No, I'm not a muslim vegetarian of Indian heritage. And ummm people, I won't transfer my money via Western Union to prove I can pay for the rent! Jesus.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 6:54 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Looking for a place to live in London is a FREAKSHOW. No Mahmed, I won't live with you in the same room. No, I'm not a muslim vegetarian of Indian heritage. And ummm people, I won't transfer my money via Western Union to prove I can pay for the rent! Jesus.

I just told Mahmed I would share a room with him :)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 11:13 PM Quote
I just got a text from a dude offering his "company" if "I need a man or a van".

1. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww.
2. WTF?!
3. I won't post an ad online ever again.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 11:18 PM Quote
Dearest UK:
Your appliances need to be bigger and work faster. The amount of time it takes to do a load of laundry is unacceptable.
The dishwasher also holds about 1/2 of what it should.

mili
mili Posted Sat 26 Feb, 2011 11:28 PM Quote
Got back from Rome today, luggage took the next flight. Saw Fran and Eledh, it was awesome! My first ever Fran/Travis gig, and it was worth travelling to Italy for (Italy is worth travelling for most of the time, anyways). Now I'm tired and happy, which won't last too long, work tomorrow…

Pages Previous 1...78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:30 PM