Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
deebee
deebee Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 11:30 AM Quote
Fabulous news juli and thoroughly well deserved!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 11:39 AM Quote
Well Done Juli,

and fingers crossed for Kristy.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 12:09 PM Quote
thanks Dubz. When is your interview?

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 1:09 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
thanks Dubz. When is your interview?

In about an hour. Not too worried about it tho'. If I get it I get it if not.. meh

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 1:40 PM Quote
Congrats to Juli!!

Glad people are getting interviews. At least there is some momentum in the right direction.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 3:50 PM Quote
Jobs mine if I want it, just need Garda clearance because it's working with kids.

Dubz

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 4:20 PM Quote
Nice one. Have they dug up anything juicy on you? Skeletons in closets and all......

Edit after a pretty tough grouchy and very loooong day, I've just got home and I'm now on halfterm break for 2 weeks (kids break up tomorrow) one whole child free day and I don't know what to do first.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 4:43 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Nice one. Have they dug up anything juicy on you? Skeletons in closets and all......

Edit after a pretty tough grouchy and very loooong day, I've just got home and I'm now on halfterm break for 2 weeks (kids break up tomorrow) one whole child free day and I don't know what to do first.

Haha no but I do have to declare my criminal record...

Enjoy it, would be my advice, it'll be gone before you know it.

Dubz

Edel
Edel Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 5:34 PM Quote
wow lots going on with you boardies
@ Megg sorry to hear your news:0(
@Juli congrats on getting accepted
@Dubz well done, more men should work with kids. Boys need men around them
@Kirsty good luck
@Debbie, take it easy, Im sure your kids need to relax as much as you do and in this weather there isnt a lot to do. Our midterm was last week.
@Anne good luck with the lice treatment, Ive been there. I see youre getting others onto it and hopefully that works. Dont go too mad on the cleaning, you'll drive yourself bananas. They cant survive for more than 24hours without a scalp to feed on (sounds gross I now) Hats etc in freezer for 4 hours. And tight plaits if hair is long enough so its harder for them to crawl onto hair

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 5:36 PM Quote

Thank you very much, guys!! :o)
Kristy, it's a 2 year programme. Btw, good luck with that job!

Well done, Dubz! I had to declare my criminal records when I started to work here. Had to go to a Police office, they took my fingerprints and all, and then a week later I got my light blue certificate saying I'm clean as a whistle. :oP
Here you have to pay different amounts of money if you want to have your certificate soon. I think it's 24hs, 48hs, 1 week, 2 weeks... or something like that. Does it work like this anywhere else?

Debbie, enjoy your break and your children-free day! :o)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 24 Feb, 2011 6:11 PM Quote
Sounds like all positive news today! Yay! Congrats to all of you!

When I took a test to become a teacher, I had to go to the police station and have my finger prints made and have some sort of "moral turpitude" clearance. Turpitude, what a great word!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 25 Feb, 2011 12:21 AM Quote
http://www.tglass.net/TGlass/Mandala/Om%20Lotus%20Petal%20Mandala.jpg

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 25 Feb, 2011 11:53 AM Quote
heading into town to submit my Garda clearance forms. My back is killing me would love to go for a pint this afternoon but cant. Bugger.

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 25 Feb, 2011 1:50 PM Quote
Our foreign exchange student just asked me if he could stay home because he forgot to do a project that is due today and he needs to stay home so he can finish it.

It was really hard not to laugh at the request. I was surprised that he seemed surprised when I said no.

Absy
Absy Posted Fri 25 Feb, 2011 1:56 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Our foreign exchange student just asked me if he could stay home because he forgot to do a project that is due today and he needs to stay home so he can finish it.

It was really hard not to laugh at the request. I was surprised that he seemed surprised when I said no.

By the way did he ever cook goulash for you ?

Pages Previous 1...77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:20 AM