Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Absy
Absy Posted Mon 14 Feb, 2011 5:24 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
deebee wrote:
Have Kristy and Megg hit the UK yet? Has it appeared on BBC news yet? I'd love to follow a dream and travel to the other side of the world. Lucky girls.

Kristy has posted on FB talking about the Underground and Jet Lag so she's arrived, think Megg leaves today/tomorrow.

Dubz

And remember "MIND THE GAP" !

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 14 Feb, 2011 5:49 PM Quote
Absy wrote:

I've got a key chain that says "Mind the gap". I'm such a typical tourist. :oP

Another professor replied that she will gladly write a letter of recommendation for me, so I've managed to get the two I need. :o)
Now it would be nice to hear something from the university itself...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 14 Feb, 2011 6:00 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Absy wrote:

I've got a key chain that says "Mind the gap". I'm such a typical tourist. :oP

Another professor replied that she will gladly write a letter of recommendation for me, so I've managed to get the two I need. :o)
Now it would be nice to hear something from the university itself...

There you go all you needed to do was ask.

Good Luck !!

Dubz

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 14 Feb, 2011 6:09 PM Quote
Hey nice one Juli. Dubz was right, you just needed a little courage to ask. How could they possibly turn down such a nice request.
I'll check out FB for news of the explorers......

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 14 Feb, 2011 6:32 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Hey nice one Juli. Dubz was right, you just needed a little courage to ask. How could they possibly turn down such a nice request.

Hey Debebee, here's their Vlog part II.

Dubz

Absy
Absy Posted Mon 14 Feb, 2011 7:47 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
deebee wrote:

Hey Debebee, here's their Vlog part II.

Dubz

Brilliant !

Thanks Dubz.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 15 Feb, 2011 1:27 AM Quote
Rachel said they had people from other countries come to speak to her Girl Scout troop tonight. She said one of the people was from Scotland. "We could only understand half of what he said."

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 15 Feb, 2011 4:27 AM Quote
hey all!
yes, I am indeed here! Jetlag is a drag. it is currently 4:25am. uuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhh.
Anywho, stressing like crazy. Was fine until I got there, but reality has set in. Trying to remain calm and power through.
Need to get a few things in order and get in touch with Meggy for a little meet up!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 15 Feb, 2011 9:09 AM Quote
Jet lag is supposed to be worst travelling East to West if that's any help you should be fine in a couple of days.

I'm going to see Mogwai tonight !!!

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 15 Feb, 2011 1:29 PM Quote
oh, and I <3 mind the gap.

Edel
Edel Posted Tue 15 Feb, 2011 1:52 PM Quote
Thanks Dubz for the link and thanks Kirsty for sharing your adventures with us who not much of an exciting life have;0)

Dont think I will ever forget the two French people on the tube who looked anxiously at each other after hearing the announcement and repeated it "Mind the cat?" Aww bless hehe. Jaysus that was almost 20 years ago *gulp*

mili
mili Posted Tue 15 Feb, 2011 2:37 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I'm going to see Mogwai tonight !!!

Dubz

I expect a full report, so I'll know what to look forward to ;^)
Enjoy and don't forget ear plugs!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 15 Feb, 2011 2:51 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
hey all!
yes, I am indeed here! Jetlag is a drag. it is currently 4:25am. uuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhh.
Anywho, stressing like crazy. Was fine until I got there, but reality has set in. Trying to remain calm and power through.
Need to get a few things in order and get in touch with Meggy for a little meet up!

You can do this Kristy.

I was waiting until you got there to tell you but as a surprise I got Ryan to send your brother a lock of his power hair. Your brother then secretly put this lock in your luggage. That's right, Kristy. You now own some milkbag power hair. You are unstoppable!!

Just keep getting yourself set up and then you can focus on finding a job. It will happen.

http://www.survivingtherecession.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/WallStBull-main_Full.jpg

See this bull? You can totally grab his horns!

Absy
Absy Posted Tue 15 Feb, 2011 5:00 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
Thanks Dubz for the link and thanks Kirsty for sharing your adventures with us who not much of an exciting life have;0)

Dont think I will ever forget the two French people on the tube who looked anxiously at each other after hearing the announcement and repeated it "Mind the cat?" Aww bless hehe. Jaysus that was almost 20 years ago *gulp*

hahaha

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 15 Feb, 2011 5:11 PM Quote

weirdmom wrote:
Just keep getting yourself set up and then you can focus on finding a job. It will happen.

I agree! May the milkbag force be with you. :o)

Thanks Dubz and Debbie! I'm at work now and I've just received a call from the people at the university saying they want to interview me today! So sudden!
I told the lady that I didn't have the letters of recommendation with me just yet, and she said that it didn't matter, that they had considered all the papers I presented last Friday and decided they want to interview me.
Of course, this is happening on the one day when I've come to work wearing baggy jeans, Converse and an old t-shirt with pink and white stripes... Luckily my godmother is coming to my office and will lend me a decent t-shirt. :oP
I'm so nervous!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages Previous 1...70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:30 PM