Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 09 Feb, 2011 9:20 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
it's for online marketing, so I was trying to say that beyond having professional experience I personally use fb, twitter, msg boards (!), flickr, etc and my friend coined a term for me: digtial butterfly!

Although the first time I typed it in, I put digital buttery. yum?

That's the sort of thing, let them know you're proficient with a computer and the internet, also that you know your way around various programs and sites. Maybe mention that even with unfamiliar programs etc. you can figure it out and find your way around them very quickly.

Sounds like you're doing better than your giving yourself credit for... Best of Luck

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 09 Feb, 2011 9:44 PM Quote
Dubz can write cover letters for Juli and Kristy. They write glowing letters of how happy they are with Dubz writing services. Juli & Kristy get great jobs and Dubz has samples and letters of recommendation to begin a freelance writing business.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 09 Feb, 2011 11:29 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Dubz can write cover letters for Juli and Kristy. They write glowing letters of how happy they are with Dubz writing services. Juli & Kristy get great jobs and Dubz has samples and letters of recommendation to begin a freelance writing business.

that is very complex!

Ya, Dubz that particular job wanted to know that you not only use the Internet but that your very being revolved around it, so I was like INTERTNET I LOVE YOU!!! Except, in slightly more profesional terms. It looks like the coolest work environment!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 10 Feb, 2011 2:01 PM Quote
Today is unpleasantly cold. 0ºF (-18ºC). Shiver me timbers!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 10 Feb, 2011 2:37 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Today is unpleasantly cold. 0ºF (-18ºC). Shiver me timbers!

Sounds nasty, hope it clears/heats up soon.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 10 Feb, 2011 2:54 PM Quote
I went for a walk and a seriously "tight" haircut...

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/182051_10150182295352222_603847221_8918383_1002165_n.jpg
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/169038_10150182295717222_603847221_8918396_3882039_n.jpghttp://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180946_10150182296332222_603847221_8918412_2415191_n.jpg

Dubz

Absy
Absy Posted Thu 10 Feb, 2011 3:20 PM Quote
Sipping Earl tea and eating bread with butter and jam.

Good luck Kayte with the weather.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 10 Feb, 2011 3:39 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I went for a seriously "tight" haircut...

Dubz

Im doing that in a few hours. Maybe slightly less tight.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 10 Feb, 2011 5:50 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

This sounds perfect. I totally need someone to write a cover letter for me right now.
And I need to contact two professors and ask each of them to write a letter of recommendation for me. Those are the only two things I still haven't worked out, and I need them to apply for this MA.
Writing the cover letter is bad, but the worst thing is asking for the letters of recommendation. I think it's one of the most embarrassing things ever and I don't really know how to do it (how do people do this??), or if the professors will agree to write the letters... the whole thing is freaking me out to the point of actually considering not applying at all. I'm such a coward. :o(

Kayte, that's too cold, even for a cold loving person like me. We're having a great weather this week with mild temperatures.

Nice photos, Dubz!

Kristy, good luck with your haircut!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 10 Feb, 2011 6:07 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

This sounds perfect. I totally need someone to write a cover letter for me right now.
And I need to contact two professors and ask each of them to write a letter of recommendation for me. Those are the only two things I still haven't worked out, and I need them to apply for this MA.
Writing the cover letter is bad, but the worst thing is asking for the letters of recommendation. I think it's one of the most embarrassing things ever and I don't really know how to do it (how do people do this??), or if the professors will agree to write the letters... the whole thing is freaking me out to the point of actually considering not applying at all. I'm such a coward. :o(

Kayte, that's too cold, even for a cold loving person like me. We're having a great weather this week with mild temperatures.

Nice photos, Dubz!

Kristy, good luck with your haircut!

Sorry but you're just gona need to "suck it up" and ask them, just approach them outright and explain what you need and why you need it. These guys probably get asked for these letters all the time, (I know of some who have a "standard" letter and just change the name on it.), Also if they are your previous teachers they will be proud that one of their students is continuing and furthering their education. Don't leave it too late, professors/teachers/bosses are notoriously forgetful when it comes to things like this and you may have to "chase them up", something you won't have time to do if you leave it too late.

Don't be afraid, go for it.

Dubz

p.s. Thank you, rest of the pics are on Facebook

Edel
Edel Posted Thu 10 Feb, 2011 6:54 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

And for me Dubz! Starting to apply for jobs now and two positions Im interested in. Thanking you in advance:p

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 10 Feb, 2011 7:05 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

And for me Dubz! Starting to apply for jobs now and two positions Im interested in. Thanking you in advance:p

I think my fellow boardies are maybe exaggerating my skills but if you draft something up, I'll gladly take a look at it and offer any advice I can...

Dubz

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 10 Feb, 2011 7:08 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Sorry but you're just gona need to "suck it up" and ask them, just approach them outright and explain what you need and why you need it. These guys probably get asked for these letters all the time, (I know of some who have a "standard" letter and just change the name on it.), Also if they are your previous teachers they will be proud that one of their students is continuing and furthering their education. Don't leave it too late, professors/teachers/bosses are notoriously forgetful when it comes to things like this and you may have to "chase them up", something you won't have time to do if you leave it too late.

Don't be afraid, go for it.

Dubz

p.s. Thank you, rest of the pics are on Facebook

You're absolutely right. So after taking me forever to write them, I've just sent three emails to three previous teachers. One of them is the director of the research group I've been working in for over a year, but for some reason I found it even harder to ask him. Maybe it's because I see him quite often... I might never see the other two again, so who cares.
If there was a hidden camera in my office and people could see me struggling with all this they would probably have a good laugh. I'm so pathetic. I'm actually blushing and dying of embarrassment.
But I just did it. Hopefully they'll reply.
Now I need something sweet. I've earned it.

Cool, I'll check them out when I'm home. It looks like such a beautiful place. :o)

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 11 Feb, 2011 9:11 AM Quote
This morning I woke up , looked in the mirror and realised that I'm starting to look my age. This is NOT good news.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 11 Feb, 2011 10:10 AM Quote
deebee wrote:
This morning I woke up , looked in the mirror and realised that I'm starting to look my age. This is NOT good news.

Doesn't matter about looking your age, it's how you feel/act that counts.

Dubz

btw I think you look fine.

Pages Previous 1...67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:51 AM