Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 4:48 PM Quote
good job Annie!
Im going to do Day 2 of the 30 Day shred in a little bit. You are supposed to do 30 workouts in 30 days, but that isnt going to happen with the move, but Im going to do it as often as possible.
I just watched this cardio yoga workout that Im thinking about adding in, and Im tired from just watching it. Ive been doing yoga for over a year, but this is intense!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 5:07 PM Quote
Anne, have you put all her stuffed animals in a plastic bag for...however many days they recommend? I think I remember someone saying to put them in a plastic bag in the freezer??? I recall someone doing that, but it was a long time ago.

Congrats on the 3 pounds!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 5:10 PM Quote
Stuffed animals have been bagged up for almost 2 weeks.

Kristy, your story reminds me of the time I was really sleepy and draggy so I decided to do yoga to perk me up. I fell asleep on the mat.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 5:25 PM Quote
Pepole fell asleep in my yoga class all the time. (We had a deep relaxation period at the end of the session.) The teacher would have to wake them up and tell them it was time to go home.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 5:36 PM Quote
Ive never had anyone fall asleep during yoga, but my instructor tells tales of the snorers!
No one is falling asleep during cardio yoga, I guarentee!

mili
mili Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 6:30 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Pepole fell asleep in my yoga class all the time. (We had a deep relaxation period at the end of the session.) The teacher would have to wake them up and tell them it was time to go home.

I did some yoga when I was 19 or so, and it was almost too relaxing. I used to go to see my (then) boyfriend afterwards, but fell asleep during the visit most of the times. He was not impressed :^D

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 7:54 PM Quote
I may have shared this before but I once fell asleep on a date. It was during the movie but it definitely was a defense mechanism.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 7:58 PM Quote
I Broke My Arm

Not sure if this will play for people in other countries but it made me giggle.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 23 Jan, 2011 8:25 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I Broke My Arm

Not sure if this will play for people in other countries but it made me giggle.

Let's make it an arm theme.
Slept On His Arms

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 11:36 AM Quote
I'm well pissed off, paid bills in the wrong order and now I can't pay the rent, Fucking Idiot !!

Paid my phone bill(€98) and my cable bill (€49) and now I'm short on the rent, I'll need to claim I'm in Scotland for the week and will sort it when I get back on Friday night (banks are closed till Monday morn).

Can't believe I did that, Fucking Idiot !!!

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 1:35 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Oh, please ask your embarrassing Living in London questions on the board! We can even start a new thread for it. It'll be fabulous. And educational.

Im really unsure of what these embaressing questions are. But I will do my best to share them with you when they arise.

I have a stupid question. How do power plugs/sockets look like in the UK? Not sure if they're the same as in Poland...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 1:54 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Oh, please ask your embarrassing Living in London questions on the board! We can even start a new thread for it. It'll be fabulous. And educational.

Im really unsure of what these embaressing questions are. But I will do my best to share them with you when they arise.

I have a stupid question. How do power plugs/sockets look like in the UK? Not sure if they're the same as in Poland...

They are "3-pin square" on a triangular plug rather than the usual continental "2-pin round" on a circular plug. Voltage is 240. You can usually pick up adapters/transformers in the airport...

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/3414682/2/istockphoto_3414682-uk-plug-and-socket.jpg

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 1:58 PM Quote
I emailed Catherine's teacher about the lice and she said it's gone around several times this year and she agrees with me that it's probably a reinfection and not that I didn't get it all out the first time.

The school district does not send out notices about lice because it's not a dangerous condition and also there is such a stigma about it. I think that is ridiculous. I guess I just need to keep checking them diligently at least through the summer.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 2:07 PM Quote
I liked the plugs in Germany. The sockets were kind of recessed into the wall a bit, so that you'd really have to work at it to touch a prong and electrocute yourself while you were plugging something in. Our plugs make it really easy to zap yourself. It's scary to start letting your kids plug and unplug things. I touched one once by accident. It was jolting.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 24 Jan, 2011 2:15 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I liked the plugs in Germany. The sockets were kind of recessed into the wall a bit, so that you'd really have to work at it to touch a prong and electrocute yourself while you were plugging something in. Our plugs make it really easy to zap yourself. It's scary to start letting your kids plug and unplug things. I touched one once by accident. It was jolting.

I've had a few shocks from mains electricity in my time, worked on building sites and as a facilities/maintainence guy. Not fun.

Most UK & Ireland sockets in the home (though not all the time) have a switch on them. So you plug in then switch on the electricity which is a bit safer. Bathroom light switches (by law these days) have either to be outside the bathroom or be a pull-cord switch.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:31 AM