Travis

   
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Monica
Posts: 3592
Monica Posted Tue 21 Dec, 2010 11:25 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Bodi, get well soon. I'd go crazy if I was in your situation. I just love talking. xD

The main event of my life recently is that I sang live again last Friday, as part of the show of the music school I go to. I sang two songs, and they were a bit more difficult vocal-wise than what I'm used to sing live. So I was out of my comfort zone. I was sooo nervous. I was shaking during the whole thing. It was definitely not my best performance but it wasn't so bad either. I think what bothers me the most is that I pretty much nailed the tough parts and screwed up some very easy notes, lol.
If anyone is curious and wants to hear, I've uploaded the audios here: http://soundcloud.com/bathroomwindowgirl.
Also, the videos are on YouTube, but I haven't got YouTube access here so I can't post the links. If you listen, let me know what you think! :o)


Thanks! I spoke yesterday for the first time in 2 days and I didn't sound any better. I'm worried cause the doctor said that if I don't get better it might be because I developed nodules :S

Juli, it wasn't bad at all. You're a great singer ;)
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 22 Dec, 2010 9:36 AM Quote
I got nothing done yesterday so I have to do it all today, bugger!!


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Wed 22 Dec, 2010 3:33 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I got nothing done yesterday so I have to do it all today, bugger!!


Dubz


I say that every day.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 23 Dec, 2010 10:06 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I got nothing done yesterday so I have to do it all today, bugger!!


Dubz


I say that every day.


Actually managed the important stuff yesterday, Rent paid, Electricity paid. Today I bought a nice bit of steak and got some peppercorn sauce for Christmas dinner. I picked up a bottle of Jameson, will try to get cloves, lemons, demera sugar & honey tomorrow for hot whiskeys. I love this apartment as I have pretty much everything on my doorstep, green groccers, 2 butchers, 2 mini markets, 2 chemists, 2 barbers, 2 bookies, hardware store, 2 bakers, cobblers, pub and a vet. Which is just as well as the weather is fucking brutal, it has been snowing for about two weeks, it's rarely got above freezing and when it does it's only long enough to turn the top layer to water before compacting and freezing again.


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Thu 23 Dec, 2010 10:22 PM Quote
Just about finished all my work in time for a Christmas break. Now the only thing to be nervous about is our journey to England on Monday. More snow has been forecasted. It's no problem in Helsinki, but elsewhere in Europe I'm not so sure.

Last Christmas our flight was delayed by almost 24 hours (and we were rerouted), following by a truly epic taxi drive from the airport to the destination, in about twice the time it normally took. The driver put some of his concentration music on as he took us around some pretty wild routes around distant hills and tiny, icy, roads, while trying to avoid gridlocked traffic jams and stuck trucks… I really don't want to experience that again.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 24 Dec, 2010 9:42 AM Quote

I've just woken up on Christmas Eve to no lights in my house, have checked the trip switches but that is not the problem, have left a message with the landlord, but I'm not hopeful she will get back to me in time to get a spark (electrician) out to me today so it'll probably be Tuesday or wednesday at this stage before they are fixed. I have a bedside lamp I can use but that's not much use in a bathroom with no sockets or windows.


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
deebee
Posts: 1892
deebee Posted Fri 24 Dec, 2010 12:40 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Just about finished all my work in time for a Christmas break. Now the only thing to be nervous about is our journey to England on Monday. More snow has been forecasted. It's no problem in Helsinki, but elsewhere in Europe I'm not so sure.

Last Christmas our flight was delayed by almost 24 hours (and we were rerouted), following by a truly epic taxi drive from the airport to the destination, in about twice the time it normally took. The driver put some of his concentration music on as he took us around some pretty wild routes around distant hills and tiny, icy, roads, while trying to avoid gridlocked traffic jams and stuck trucks… I really don't want to experience that again.


Good luck getting to the UK. You're heading to Northern England, aren't you? Fingers crossed for no more snowfall (we have snow predicted for later today and tomorrow - a White Christmas YAY)
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
deebee
Posts: 1892
deebee Posted Fri 24 Dec, 2010 12:42 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I've just woken up on Christmas Eve to no lights in my house, have checked the trip switches but that is not the problem, have left a message with the landlord, but I'm not hopeful she will get back to me in time to get a spark (electrician) out to me today so it'll probably be Tuesday or wednesday at this stage before they are fixed. I have a bedside lamp I can use but that's not much use in a bathroom with no sockets or windows.


Dubz


Dubz, there's no time like Christmas to get the candles out! Very atmospheric! Hopefully it is only the lights and your heating's working OK. There's no way you'll see a Sparky over Christmas though, it's hard enough finding one at the best of times.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 24 Dec, 2010 2:32 PM Quote
Absolutely no candles allowed in the house, it's even a clause in the lease.


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Fri 24 Dec, 2010 2:40 PM Quote
If your lamp works, just run to the hardware store and buy a really long extention cord. They're cheap. Good luck!
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 24 Dec, 2010 4:32 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
If your lamp works, just run to the hardware store and buy a really long extention cord. They're cheap. Good luck!


Dubz said "Let there be Light" and lo and behold there was light. Fixed it. Loose bus bar pain in the arse but done.


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Fri 24 Dec, 2010 4:46 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
If your lamp works, just run to the hardware store and buy a really long extention cord. They're cheap. Good luck!


Dubz said "Let there be Light" and lo and behold there was light. Fixed it. Loose bus bar pain in the arse but done.


Dubz


It's a Festivus miracle!
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Fri 24 Dec, 2010 5:14 PM Quote
Something interesting has occurred at my mother's house that may make for a comedic tale tomorrow. Or it may be a disastrous tale. Or it may work out ok. We'll see.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 25 Dec, 2010 8:03 AM Quote
I've just woken up, massively hungover. I've lost me hat but gained a bottle of Poitín ?!!?!?!?!


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Sat 25 Dec, 2010 10:07 AM Quote
deebee wrote:


Good luck getting to the UK. You're heading to Northern England, aren't you? Fingers crossed for no more snowfall (we have snow predicted for later today and tomorrow - a White Christmas YAY)


Yes, we're flying to Manchester. The forecast looks promising.
My husband just got off the phone with his parents. Their gas is not working (=no cooker, no heating) and it's below -10 °C. Thankfully they're going to have Christmas lunch elsewhere! The British Gas is going to compensate for the electric fan heaters there were forced to buy.
 
Pages Previous 1...41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 Next All Times GMT Current Time 10:34 AM
Post Reply