mili Posted Thu 02 Dec, 2010 7:18 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I graduated yesterday. FINALLY! :D

Woo-hoo, congrats!!

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
mili Posted Thu 02 Dec, 2010 7:20 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I don't think you'll need repaint the f-ing wall. Try some de-greaser first. Laundry aisle at the supermarket. I've actually washed and dried clothes and found a grease spot after, used de-greaser and it came right out. (It can even remove graphite stains, which are darn near impossible.) Or try plain old bar soap on it. Or dish soap. It's made for washing greasy dishes. Shouldn't hurt the paint finish. (Try it in an area that doesn't show first.)

Thank you. Tune in next week for more household hints.

I suggest Fairy liquid, it's amazing what comes off with it, even stains in clothes. It's also quite mild, so it doesn't harm surfaces.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 02 Dec, 2010 11:18 AM Quote
I think I'm losing my sanity.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 02 Dec, 2010 1:39 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I think I'm losing my sanity.

Dubz

Maybe you're gaining it.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 02 Dec, 2010 1:44 PM Quote
mili wrote:

I suggest Fairy liquid, it's amazing what comes off with it, even stains in clothes. It's also quite mild, so it doesn't harm surfaces.

We don't have that here, but what a cute name! Who wouldn't want to use Fairy liquid?

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Thu 02 Dec, 2010 3:31 PM Quote
i'm taking the IELTS exam tomorrow to get a visa to Australia.

mili
mili Posted Thu 02 Dec, 2010 4:52 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
mili wrote:

We don't have that here, but what a cute name! Who wouldn't want to use Fairy liquid?

As dish washing liquids go, it's the best in (the Finnish) market, other brands just don't work as well. I know people who wash even their boats with it.

I've seen it all over Europe, wonder if it has another name in the US?

http://buttercuppunch.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/fairy-liquid.jpg

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:54 PM Quote
Fairy liquid can work wonders on things especially blood on clothes - might be worth trying on your walls Dubz.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 02 Dec, 2010 6:17 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I graduated yesterday. FINALLY! :D

Heyyyyyyy! Well done!! Felicitaciones!!!! :oD

The other day I went to a copy shop, I needed to make some copies to start all the proceedings to get my diploma. It was quite early in the morning. Anyway, I approached the counter and the copy-guy started to talk to me in English. What the hell??? I was sleepy to begin with, and I definitely didn't expect to be talked to in English in a store in Buenos Aires... I was very confused. I obviously replied in Spanish and he looked as confused as I was.
Then I realised that the place sells reading modules of the "Spanish for foreigners" courses they teach right around the corner. The copy-guy thought I was foreign!
Ridiculous.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 02 Dec, 2010 6:58 PM Quote
roxytobias wrote:

Good Luck !!

My "friends" have just left after I cooked the mother of all fry-ups for this evening's dinner. I am really knackered as I've been sitting in a transit fan all day.

My other mate who fixed my laptop and wouldn't take any money has asked if I want to go for a drink this evening but I'm shattered and can see me in bed by 9:00. I have 2 cans of beer here so I may open one and watch what I want on my telly for a change.

Dubz

roxytobias
roxytobias Posted Fri 03 Dec, 2010 12:00 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
roxytobias wrote:

Good Luck !!

Dubz

Thanks!

The really nice thing was that when I got in the part where I had to talk about a topic straight for 1-3 minutes, my random topic happened to be:
famous writer/actor/artist/musician.
What else first came to mind but Fran Healy!
I wanted to say Travis but I wasn't sure if bands are qualified. Anyways, it's all the same. I just blabbed about Travis and Fran for 3 minutes. It was the best interview ever!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 03 Dec, 2010 12:47 PM Quote
roxytobias wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
roxytobias wrote:

Good Luck !!

Dubz

Thanks!

The really nice thing was that when I got in the part where I had to talk about a topic straight for 1-3 minutes, my random topic happened to be:
famous writer/actor/artist/musician.
What else first came to mind but Fran Healy!
I wanted to say Travis but I wasn't sure if bands are qualified. Anyways, it's all the same. I just blabbed about Travis and Fran for 3 minutes. It was the best interview ever!

When I used to work for the Law School I found out that trainee lawyers have to pass two Irish exams as it as pre requisite that any solicitor in Ireland must be able to speak a bit of Irish. Anyway one of the exams is a 5minute interview, where you are supposed to have a "subject" you like that you can talk about for 5 minutes, There were more than one or two of the guys would basically go in and talk about soccer interspersed with the odd word in Irish.

Basically something like, Conas ata tu? Stiofan Brehon anim dom, is maith liom, Soccer agus Manchester Utd. agus Ryan Giggs agus David Beckham agus Wayne Rooney agus Alex Ferguson.... and so on basically throwing in the odd Irish word before continuing saying things like, Nuclear Power, Skateboard, Offside Trap, Playstation, Gran Turismo 4.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 03 Dec, 2010 1:05 PM Quote
MOGWAI ARE PLAYING IN PAISLEY !!!!

on the 27th of January. but there are only 122 tickets left !!!

Fights to Glasgow for €4 back to Dublin €6 !!

Dubz

deebee
deebee Posted Fri 03 Dec, 2010 5:10 PM Quote
I take it you're looking for a flight and NOT a fight :-P

mili
mili Posted Fri 03 Dec, 2010 5:48 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
MOGWAI ARE PLAYING IN PAISLEY !!!!

on the 27th of January. but there are only 122 tickets left !!!

Fights to Glasgow for €4 back to Dublin €6 !!

Dubz

I've got two tickets for their show in Helsinki in April (I blame you!!! :^) ). I still have to convince my gig mate (my cousin) to come with me. I already succeeded with Teenage Fanclub, so another Scottish band should be ok.

Pages Previous 1...37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:27 AM