Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 24 Nov, 2010 6:36 AM Quote
This is what happens when people try to drive in Seattle after a snowstorm. FAIL!

mili
mili Posted Wed 24 Nov, 2010 8:08 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
This is what happens when people try to drive in Seattle after a snowstorm. FAIL!

Two words: Winter tyres

MInd you, we're in the middle of a snow storm now, and there's been some crashes and one dead.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 24 Nov, 2010 1:41 PM Quote

I bought a printer, spent more than I should but.. meh. I've spent most of today printing out course materials and have used huge amounts of ink already and I'm only halfway through.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 24 Nov, 2010 2:30 PM Quote
Dubz, given the circumstances, isn't a change in avatar in order?

It seems like a lot of people have today off. My daughter is off school today, a day earlier than usual. Has the day before Thanksgiving been declared a holiday and no one told me?

Seeing Fran tonight! Woo hoo!

Thanksgiving tomorrow. Thanksgiving is not as good as it used to be without my grandma. :(
But something really cool has been happening. My grandma was a fantastic cook. She didn't use recipes or anything, she was just naturally good at it. At one point, we made her write down what she did when she cooked our favorite foods so we could have recipes. I have since shared some of these with friends. I've been getting calls and emails lately from people saying, "I made your grandma's chicken and dumplings for my family today!" or whatever it is that they made. It's like she's living on through her cooking.

I've been missing my dad a lot, too. It sucks not having much family. It would be nice to have a sibling to a cousin my own age. My only 2 cousins are male and were pretty much grown up by the time I was born and I haven't seen them since I was a little kid, except for my wedding day.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 25 Nov, 2010 6:27 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I was watching Love Actually on the weekend and grinning whenever they showed London.

That's my plan for the next week.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 25 Nov, 2010 10:21 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Dubz, given the circumstances, isn't a change in avatar in order?

It seems like a lot of people have today off. My daughter is off school today, a day earlier than usual. Has the day before Thanksgiving been declared a holiday and no one told me?

Seeing Fran tonight! Woo hoo!

Thanksgiving tomorrow. Thanksgiving is not as good as it used to be without my grandma. :(
But something really cool has been happening. My grandma was a fantastic cook. She didn't use recipes or anything, she was just naturally good at it. At one point, we made her write down what she did when she cooked our favorite foods so we could have recipes. I have since shared some of these with friends. I've been getting calls and emails lately from people saying, "I made your grandma's chicken and dumplings for my family today!" or whatever it is that they made. It's like she's living on through her cooking.

I've been missing my dad a lot, too. It sucks not having much family. It would be nice to have a sibling to a cousin my own age. My only 2 cousins are male and were pretty much grown up by the time I was born and I haven't seen them since I was a little kid, except for my wedding day.

Sorry to hear about you missing your family, I've never been a "family" person, the last time I saw my parents was more than a year ago, I haven't seen my sister for about three years. However I did get a wee bit sentimental last night when I was told someone was asking what had happened to "Uncle Dubz". I've been looking at getting flights to Scotland recently but don't know if I'll actually get around to it.

Today I went for a run, did a bit of my course, then my mate came over and we went for a drive. I've been choking for a pint tonight. There is a can of cider in the fridge but I didn't want to drink it because that would mean there would be no alcohol in the house, which in turn would probably led to me rushing out 5mins before the off licenses close to buy 12 cans or whatever just to make sure I have something and if I have an abundance...

I also went for a lie down with a book earlier to try and ignore the craving, I fell asleep for a bit but had a twitch (myoclonic jerk) in my foot and I think I've pulled muscles, hopefully it will be Ok by Saturday morning as I want to go for a run.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 26 Nov, 2010 3:39 AM Quote
If you are inclined to visit, you may as well do it now while you have the time. If you get a job, you'll be tied down again.

You're doing well, Dubz. Sounds like you're keeping busy in mind and body. Just keep on.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 26 Nov, 2010 12:59 PM Quote
Heading to toronto in a few hours for my visa application interview. eeeeks!
That will be followed by a concert. You might have heard of him. Scottish. named Fran. FRANNY!!!!!!!!!!!
Today, my friends, is a big day.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 26 Nov, 2010 1:09 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
That will be followed by a concert. You might have heard of him. Scottish. named Fran. FRANNY!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck (although I'm sure you won't need it, you'll do just fine)

and I suppose I should tell you to enjoy your concert.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 26 Nov, 2010 2:54 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Good Luck (although I'm sure you won't need it, you'll do just fine)

and I suppose I should tell you to enjoy your concert.

Dubz

thanks, although it is sort of out of my hands. It isnt a "please explain to us why we should let you in our country" kind of thing. I submit my forms, they take finger prints and photos and then it gets sent off to Ottawa for a decision by the British High Commission. So, let us all just hope that I have all the forms filled out correctly, and whoever reviews them thinks Im awesome! Oh, and also that I find the right office!

I will accept your begrudged wish for a good concert, Dubz! Should I say hi to Fran for you? :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 26 Nov, 2010 3:11 PM Quote
I am going bowling today. With my modern blended warped family.

I don't want to.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 26 Nov, 2010 3:19 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

thanks, although it is sort of out of my hands. It isnt a "please explain to us why we should let you in our country" kind of thing. I submit my forms, they take finger prints and photos and then it gets sent off to Ottawa for a decision by the British High Commission. So, let us all just hope that I have all the forms filled out correctly, and whoever reviews them thinks Im awesome! Oh, and also that I find the right office!

I will accept your begrudged wish for a good concert, Dubz! Should I say hi to Fran for you? :)

Sure if they let my mates partner into the country I'm sure they'll let you in. They'll just have to realize your gigantic awesomeness.

Yeah, do, I bear the guy no ill will. It's just not my choice in music these days. Hope you have a brilliant time.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 26 Nov, 2010 3:54 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I am going bowling today. With my modern blended warped family.

I don't want to.

Speaking of which, I just started watching Modern Family. It's quite good.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 26 Nov, 2010 4:43 PM Quote

My day is being a big fat FAIL. I just want to go home, lie in my bed and read a book (with the air conditioning on).

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 26 Nov, 2010 5:27 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

My day is being a big fat FAIL. I just want to go home, lie in my bed and read a book (with the air conditioning on).

Yeah it's a sh!tty day all round, severe weather warnings issued over here, at least it's tea time so only this evening to go then it's a new day.

Dubz

Pages Previous 1...34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:06 PM