Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 07 Jul, 2011 11:40 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Awww, Fez... 'I say good day!' ;). Where the heck is Hyde though? Dude, I love Hyde!

I love Hyde too. He was my favorite.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 07 Jul, 2011 11:45 PM Quote
Isn't Fez just an extension of Laftka from Taxi...

A foreigner from an unspecified country (as not to cause offence to any actual nation) with a silly accent that we can all laugh at without feeling guilty.

Dubz

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Fri 08 Jul, 2011 11:20 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Awww, Fez... 'I say good day!' ;). Where the heck is Hyde though? Dude, I love Hyde!

I used to have the worst fictional-character-crush on Eric ;D

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 08 Jul, 2011 2:47 PM Quote
I liked hyde too. although in real life he is a scientologist, which scares me.

I'm going to canoe around the Toronto Islands tonight. fun!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 08 Jul, 2011 7:23 PM Quote
I was in charge of my department in work this afternoon. All went well, sent the guys home early as it wasn't busy, then the phone started hoppin'. Just finished and on my way to the Halfway. Fucking knackered and may be needed tomorrow if Henry gets sacked.

Dubz

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 08 Jul, 2011 8:42 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

I used to have the worst fictional-character-crush on Eric ;D

Awww :)
Kristy, I've heard about the scientology thing too! Not good.
Also, his real life sister is a girlfriend of the dude who plays Caleb on PLL. Why do I know this?! OMGINEEDAJOB

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 09 Jul, 2011 5:13 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
OMGINEEDAJOB

while I don't like what it says, I do like your hilarious outburst of one wordness.

Edel
Edel Posted Sat 09 Jul, 2011 2:27 PM Quote
More about the nightmares of job hunting:

Was pissed off yesterday as sent an application Thursday. They phone yesterday to let me know they were sending it back to me as they only accepted electronic applications. I said i thought that was unfair as it clearly states in the mail that one could apply online or written form. Her bitchy reply "Its not our fault that Jobindex (job portal? on the net) STEALS our job adverts." Still think they couldve accepted it, at least look at it. I'm not expecting to get a job with my lack of experience but think that was a crap unfair refusal :p And yes I know it would all be easier to send online but seen as I dont own a scanner, I havent yet scanned my diploma in and they need to see that.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 09 Jul, 2011 2:43 PM Quote
some time ago, my mother (who was looking for a job) got one of her (written) applications back, but they'd forgotten to take off a pink post-it note, which said: "She's too old!"
I think there are countries where you could sue people for that kind of thing, right?

today's news: I got blisters and a cut from opening a bottle. A BOTTLE. Seriously, I'm my own dramedy right now...

Evil, evil thing... http://www.allmystery.de/dateien/vo54883,1247233647,spezi-13948.jpg

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 09 Jul, 2011 2:56 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
some time ago, my mother (who was looking for a job) got one of her (written) applications back, but they'd forgotten to take off a pink post-it note, which said: "She's too old!"
I think there are countries where you could sue people for that kind of thing, right?

today's news: I got blisters and a cut from opening a bottle. A BOTTLE. Seriously, I'm my own dramedy right now...

uh yes. highly illegal

I kind of get the cut, but how did you get blisters?

Oh, Lil, on my canoe tour yesterday the guide was German. He is on a working visa for the summer (apperently some people find jobs when on visas!!) and was adorable. He was so excited to be in Canada so we kept giving him suggestions of things to do. He thought he wanted to go to Thunder Bay. Look at it on a map. He really doesnt! Someone mentioned Oktoberfest and he was shocked that canadians had heard of it. such a precious little muffin.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 09 Jul, 2011 3:53 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

uh yes. highly illegal

I kind of get the cut, but how did you get blisters?

Oh, Lil, on my canoe tour yesterday the guide was German. He is on a working visa for the summer (apperently some people find jobs when on visas!!) and was adorable. He was so excited to be in Canada so we kept giving him suggestions of things to do. He thought he wanted to go to Thunder Bay. Look at it on a map. He really doesnt! Someone mentioned Oktoberfest and he was shocked that canadians had heard of it. such a precious little muffin.

I told my mother we should write them back, but she didn't want to. I kept the post-it note and the letter, though, just in case...

how did I get blisters? I don't know, ask my stupid left hand!

An adorable German tour guide, really? Aww.
Never heard of Thunder Bay, but I looked it up* - apparently they have lots of golf courses and many hockey players were born there? ;) Maybe it's mentioned in his Lonely Planet guide (never trust Lonely Planet!), or maybe he just likes the name? And he was shocked that someone knew about the existence of Oktoberfest? What tiny village does the guy come from, has he EVER been abroad before? In my experience, "the beer festival" is always one of the very first ('nice'!) things people remember about Germany when they meet a German abroad.

(*when I looked it up on a map, I discovered you got a PIE ISLAND in Canada?! how cool is that?! please don't tell me it's got nothing to do with edible pies. Also, I'm SO not going to Thunder Bay, like, ever: they eat Persians there!!)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 09 Jul, 2011 4:29 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
[quote="minnmess"]

An adorable German tour guide, really? Aww.
Never heard of Thunder Bay, but I looked it up* - apparently they have lots of golf courses and many hockey players were born there? ;) Maybe it's mentioned in his Lonely Planet guide (never trust Lonely Planet!), or maybe he just likes the name? And he was shocked that someone knew about the existence of Oktoberfest? What tiny village does the guy come from, has he EVER been abroad before? In my experience, "the beer festival" is always one of the very first ('nice'!) things people remember about Germany when they meet a German abroad.

(*when I looked it up on a map, I discovered you got a PIE ISLAND in Canada?! how cool is that?! please don't tell me it's got nothing to do with edible pies. Also, I'm SO not going to Thunder Bay, like, ever: they eat Persians there!!)

I don't know where he was from. I missed that part of the conversation. But I do know that his gf is moving to Munich and thus he was excited to have a place to stay during Oktoberfest!

Ha, I don't think they eat Persian people. Although I had to look up what persians were that they were eating!

Thunder Bay has a lot of...trees. And is way the eff up north. I've driven 17 hours up north and still was a few hours short of it.

I also had to look up Pie Island. I didn't know it existed. Maybe because I dont really like pie. I would be all for cake island.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 09 Jul, 2011 5:16 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

I also had to look up Pie Island. I didn't know it existed. Maybe because I dont really like pie. I would be all for cake island.

is this a google-maps joke? :
http://mt0.google.com/vt/data=7klt_Xke1k4kwRmbY09GNCYYuHGfPq3EKMYEQIE7fM_Jxrbnufe8z1y57PJAG6skE_0UlUgrIHuYtXoMBFqpZegYgo4tpVwYVH7l5CgEF6tuxdif-rKVZZ7dTg4G37Yb9Nwxz78

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 09 Jul, 2011 6:12 PM Quote
FUN! and delicious.

mili
mili Posted Sat 09 Jul, 2011 6:37 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

such a precious little muffin.

Adorable phrase!!

Pages Previous 1...125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:30 PM