Travis

   
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Edel
Posts: 1184
Edel Posted Tue 19 Apr, 2011 12:16 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Edel wrote:
Have you seen this Mili?

Transformer Owl :0)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFwgblszf6s&feature=related



Hehe, amazing!
My today's favourite bird video is this ticklish little thing (penguin)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wTWWjYTe1I&feature=related


Ahh Cookie is so cute. Must remember to show it to Casper, he wants a penguin? Thats one of his only childish wishes that he never gave up on heh.

Dubz welcome back, glad it was a successful weekend
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 19 Apr, 2011 12:51 PM Quote
Thanks Edel, you should take Casper to Edinburgh Zoo, they have a penguin parade every day !

I'm cool now I'm actually in work, reckon I'll sleep tonight tho'


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Edel
Posts: 1184
Edel Posted Tue 19 Apr, 2011 1:06 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Thanks Edel, you should take Casper to Edinburgh Zoo, they have a penguin parade every day !

I'm cool now I'm actually in work, reckon I'll sleep tonight tho'


Dubz


Pity he didnt know that when he was there with his school two years ago. Although Id love to go to Edinburgh I think he'd prefer to travel with friends now seen as he's 18 in August *gulp*
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 22 Apr, 2011 1:13 PM Quote
Been given the rest of today off, but as it's good Friday I can't buy alcohol anywhere.

Might go to Tesco and buy 40 sherry trifles.


Dubz
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:56 AM Quote
oh ya, guess I should tell you all, although some of you know. I'm heading back to Canada in June. Housing fell through and can't find permenant work, so I am going on a 3 week trip (Nice, Paris, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness and the Isle of Man...to see a little band we all like) and then headed back to Canada.
I am really quite okay with my decision. This is not how I thought things would turn out, but it's made me realize that I'm ready for a home and to be settled in somewhere. Maybe not permenantly, but I've sort of had couple year stages of my life for the last little bit and maybe it's time to grow up. I am so so so happy with my decision to come here and give it a go for 3 months (my temp job goes for another couple of weeks) and I am really excited about my trip.
I AM SO SORRY MEGG!
But now, to enjoy a picnic in Hyde Park!
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
mili
Posts: 3258
mili Posted Sat 23 Apr, 2011 2:19 PM Quote
Sorry to hear it didn't work out, Kristy. Hope you managed to enjoy Europe, though, have a great tour to finish off!
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
thewishlist
Posts: 504
thewishlist Posted Sun 24 Apr, 2011 5:41 PM Quote
I'm sorry London didn't work out for you, Kristy :|
But I'm sure a trip to France and Scotland is a great way of saying goodbye to Europe. The Côte d'Azur is so beautiful!! It's kind of a pity that you're leaving in June, though - if you stayed just a little longer you could be in Europe for TWO royal weddings! ;) (Nice->Monaco, not that far...)
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
megg_inc
Posts: 3778
megg_inc Posted Sun 24 Apr, 2011 10:18 PM Quote
Seriously. What's up with British dudes and a girl in a (relatively) short skirt???? I mean, I'm not even hot.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Sun 24 Apr, 2011 10:23 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Seriously. What's up with British dudes and a girl in a (relatively) short skirt???? I mean, I'm not even hot.


well, that's not true. But I know what you mean. Some dude was like "hiiiiiiiiii" at me today while looking directly at my boobs. I assume he wasn't interested in my winning personality
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Sun 24 Apr, 2011 11:26 PM Quote
We were totally unprepared for any sort of proper Easter dinner. So we all had something different. I had full breakfast; scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast, with a cup of tea.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Edel
Posts: 1184
Edel Posted Mon 25 Apr, 2011 9:51 AM Quote
Kristy, hope you dont feel disillusioned with London but you gave it your best shot and can add it to life experience ;0)
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Mon 25 Apr, 2011 10:14 AM Quote
Edel wrote:
Kristy, hope you dont feel disillusioned with London but you gave it your best shot and can add it to life experience ;0)


Not disullusioned at all! I love this city and loved my time here. Things just didn't work out as expected, and that's okay.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
minnmess
Posts: 8142
minnmess Posted Mon 25 Apr, 2011 10:54 AM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
I'm sorry London didn't work out for you, Kristy :|
But I'm sure a trip to France and Scotland is a great way of saying goodbye to Europe. The Côte d'Azur is so beautiful!! It's kind of a pity that you're leaving in June, though - if you stayed just a little longer you could be in Europe for TWO royal weddings! ;) (Nice->Monaco, not that far...)


really dont care about royal weddings, so it doesnt bother me that much, but I do plan to pop over to monaco while in Nice.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Posts: 7404
Turtleneck Posted Tue 26 Apr, 2011 2:58 PM Quote
We had a very nice, relaxing spring break. We acted like school and chores and bedtimes and all that didn't exist. It's grand while it lasts, but all good things must come to an end. The house is pretty torn up, as you can imagine, so there's a lot of tidying to do today. I did keep up with laundry, so at least I don't have a mountain of that.

More rain today. Supposed to have severe storms for the next two days. I sure hope our basement doesn't flood.
 
Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Posts: 8299
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 26 Apr, 2011 7:14 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
thewishlist wrote:
I'm sorry London didn't work out for you, Kristy :|
But I'm sure a trip to France and Scotland is a great way of saying goodbye to Europe. The Côte d'Azur is so beautiful!! It's kind of a pity that you're leaving in June, though - if you stayed just a little longer you could be in Europe for TWO royal weddings! ;) (Nice->Monaco, not that far...)


really dont care about royal weddings, so it doesnt bother me that much, but I do plan to pop over to monaco while in Nice.


Whatch out for the "French Riveria" some places are ridiculously expensive, Nice, I found fine as it's sorta two cities in one, It's the start of the Cote d'Azur but also a working city so there are also cheaper options available. I love Marseille but it is very rough in places as it's the docks for that area there is also a huge African influence. It's also a bit of a distance away from Nice (2hours by train from memory). Beaulieu-Sur-Mer in Nice is beautiful Monaco is amazing the Casino, Opera House and Hotels have much history. If you get the chance I'd also try and include Cannes, Saint Tropez & Antibes, a friend of mine a few years back bought supplies in a smaller less well known town then had a picnic instead of paying the high prices in some of these places.


Dubz
 
Pages Previous 1...101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 Next All Times GMT Current Time 3:48 PM
Post Reply