Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 13 Apr, 2011 5:56 PM Quote
I'm supposed to work 8 till 4 but the boss is out sick and my colleague is being an arse because he works 9.30 to 6. The difference being he gets paid 27k a year to do so, whereas I get the sum total of... Fuck All. So far the invaluable experience has consisted of doing the shit nobody else will.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 14 Apr, 2011 12:44 AM Quote
I have made myself a spectacular to-do list. Not just a list, but a day-by-day list. Starting today. Go...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 14 Apr, 2011 5:19 AM Quote
I'm leaving for Scotland shortly, I'll be back late on Monday night.

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 14 Apr, 2011 7:17 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

best of luck at home! I know it's been a while

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 15 Apr, 2011 10:37 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

best of luck at home! I know it's been a while

Thanks Kristy, having a ball, it's fucking great!!!

Dubz

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 16 Apr, 2011 2:35 PM Quote
A friend just posted this on facebook and I thought it'd be nice to share... ;P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qu4wQwc6QU

you might need one of these, though:
http://www.capnasty.org/img/news/00004969_throne-up.jpg

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 16 Apr, 2011 3:36 PM Quote
OH.MY.GOD. Cheese alert!

No offence to anyone, but it's so very obviously made by American people who know nothing about Europe. They made it look like Kate Middleton didn't know how to get out of the car and walk before fancy royals taught her. She's extremely rich, fancy pants upper class, people!

Aghhhh, such things always piss me off.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 16 Apr, 2011 4:15 PM Quote
LOL
Yup. It's awful - and hilarious at the same time. Obviously it's not accurate and has nothing to do with real life etc, but I'd like to know how many people will buy the dvd AND watch it... it's something that my professors would've loved to discuss, that's for sure (so I'm "kinda" glad I'm not at uni anymore ;D)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 16 Apr, 2011 4:29 PM Quote
Also, shouldn't they have British accents? Seriously.

Oh, and answering your question - I would say people who will buy and watch this would be the same crazies who plan to come to London for the Royal Wedding from places like USA, Canada or Australia which, as we discussed with Kristy the other day, MAKES NO SENSE.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sat 16 Apr, 2011 4:50 PM Quote
I don't get that, either. It's just... who DOES that kind of thing??!!?? They'll probably also camp outside for 2 days before the wedding so they can get a short glimpse of the actual bride and groom (or of one of the horses or something)...

I wonder if these are also the people who take their kids on "Harry Potter" fantrips (8-9 days, ~3000$, flights not included. I'm serious, I even SAW them in their "wizard" robes - the organisers are making a FORTUNE!)...

P.S.: The Guardian says it's so bad it's probably going to be a smash. Hilarious article.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 16 Apr, 2011 8:15 PM Quote
The article is amazing! "Buses driving on the right in London"! HA!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:04 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Also, shouldn't they have British accents? Seriously.

Oh, and answering your question - I would say people who will buy and watch this would be the same crazies who plan to come to London for the Royal Wedding from places like USA, Canada or Australia which, as we discussed with Kristy the other day, MAKES NO SENSE.

I forgot to tell you, Laura wants to camp out for the wedding. Which I am only considering because I think it would be HILARIOUS to camp in the middle of London. And Ive been promised champagne. However, I am concerned about where I would pee.

Also, I sent that movie link the other day to my royal wedding loving friend and he said it turned his heart into a puddle. I laughed. Another of the papers here in London had a review on Thursday, and literally the only positive thing they had to say is that it is indeed a film, in that it is on a screen, and the story line moves forward. I laughed on the tube reading that. The straight of the Notebook, on the dock scene is HILARIOUS.

Actual news of me. Got a haircut. The girl getting her haircut beside me was also Canadian. We both used the word "generic" and were told that it isnt a word here. Wha? But my hairdresser complimented my home dye job and said I looked a lot younger than 26. nice!
Tried to get a blackberry but was told that since I havent had a bank account here for 3 months, I have a non existant credit history and can't sign up for a plan yet. Boo.
My purse fell off the back of a hook on the back of a bathroom door, following to the floor and breaking my camera lense for the 2nd time this calender year. NOT GOOD.
I learned that in America, Peanut Butter Cups comes in 2 packs, not 3 like in Canada.

And that is my news.

mili
mili Posted Sun 17 Apr, 2011 5:17 PM Quote
I cycled to the centre of Helsinki for the first time this spring to meet some friends. When I was parking my bike I noticed a family pointing up towards the roof of a shopping centre. I had a glance up, and saw two huge eagle owl chicks. Of course I had left my camera home, and the phone camera piccies didn't come out too well, but it was amazing to see them. They're the first eagle owl chicks born in the centre of Helsinki. There's plenty of food: city rabbits, rats, pigeons, seagulls…

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 17 Apr, 2011 7:00 PM Quote
I had a nightmare about the Royal Wedding last night. I blame the certain boardie. Speaking of the Wedding, I really hope this happens.

Today I was volunteering at the marathon reception at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (it was a bizarre feeling to be in this building) which a fun experience, I've met some new people and saw a lot of craziness (obviously, it's London after all ;).

mili
mili Posted Sun 17 Apr, 2011 10:09 PM Quote
Election day, watch out for the newly elected racist populists in the Finnish parliament (39 out of 200 seats)! Finland might just destroy the Euro and stop immigration :^(

Pages Previous 1...99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:00 PM