Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 06 Apr, 2011 6:24 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
That doesn't sound good. Seizing up, like you can't move them? A nerve thing or a muscle thing?

Think it's a muscle thing, they're just really stiff. Like when I haven't exercised for ages for a couple of days afterwards I'm sore something to do with acid in the muscles or something, but it's also stiff like when I left hospital.

Dubz

eta: think I may have figured it out, I pushed myself a bit much on Monday, When I was training I was using the canal(extremely level and flat, I was also warming up & down and stretching, none of which I'm doing in work. In work I'm up and down stairs all day in a pair of safety shoes that don't bend to well, I'll alternate them with my own shoes until I get used to them. Just had a shower and feel a bit better although a bath would probably be better still (but I don't have one), I think a bit of everything mixed in is probably what is causing it, hopefully by the weekend it'll clear up.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 06 Apr, 2011 7:41 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
That doesn't sound good. Seizing up, like you can't move them? A nerve thing or a muscle thing?

Think it's a muscle thing, they're just really stiff. Like when I haven't exercised for ages for a couple of days afterwards I'm sore something to do with acid in the muscles or something, but it's also stiff like when I left hospital.

Dubz

eta: think I may have figured it out, I pushed myself a bit much on Monday, When I was training I was using the canal(extremely level and flat, I was also warming up & down and stretching, none of which I'm doing in work. In work I'm up and down stairs all day in a pair of safety shoes that don't bend to well, I'll alternate them with my own shoes until I get used to them. Just had a shower and feel a bit better although a bath would probably be better still (but I don't have one), I think a bit of everything mixed in is probably what is causing it, hopefully by the weekend it'll clear up.

Go get yourself some bananas and eat something a bit salty, (but don't overdo the salt). Drink water. Feel better.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 06 Apr, 2011 8:27 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Dubz

Go get yourself some bananas and eat something a bit salty, (but don't overdo the salt). Drink water. Feel better.

Thanks, might have Bananas for breakfast tomorrow instead of the fry-up.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 07 Apr, 2011 6:42 PM Quote
I'm totally chilled just now, been enjoying work, except for the bed-bug infestation this afternoon. Looking forward to the weekend and this time next week I'll be in Scotland. Severed some ties recently but don't know if I've done the right thing. Guess I'm just rambling maybe I'm too tired, Some nice dinner, a shower, some crappy tv and a nice early night.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 07 Apr, 2011 8:13 PM Quote
I don't want anyone to freak out, but...

I got a cell phone!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 07 Apr, 2011 9:17 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I got a cell phone!

Welcome to the modern world :-P.

Dubz

btw is anyone else having trouble with the board taking ages to refresh ??

mili
mili Posted Thu 07 Apr, 2011 9:26 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I got a cell phone!

Welcome to the modern world :-P.

Dubz

Happy phoning, Kayte!

Yes, Dubz, the board is reaaaallllllyyyyy painfully slooooooooowwwwwww.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 07 Apr, 2011 9:40 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

well, yes. But I've had that problem since 2007

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 07 Apr, 2011 10:00 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

well, yes. But I've had that problem since 2007

lol ditto.

Wow, Kayte! WOW! ;)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 08 Apr, 2011 4:29 AM Quote
I plan on calling Kayte this weekend. Even if she is standing right next to me.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 08 Apr, 2011 2:47 PM Quote
I signed up for a temp agency today and now have 5 days of temp work next week. Not exactly long term, but an income non the less.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 08 Apr, 2011 2:54 PM Quote
thats cool Kristy

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 08 Apr, 2011 3:36 PM Quote
agencies are a necessary evil at times, good for you.

I just finished my first week. I'm knackered but content. Could murder a pint but totally skint, bummer.

Dubz

Eta- in de Halfway having a well earned Guinness, Lyncher you're a fucking Legend!

mili
mili Posted Fri 08 Apr, 2011 6:07 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I signed up for a temp agency today and now have 5 days of temp work next week. Not exactly long term, but an income non the less.

Great, that's a start! I did some part time temping years ago when I was studying at an evening art school, indoor messenger and switchboard operator… interesting to say the least!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 08 Apr, 2011 9:35 PM Quote
I spent my evening in Richmond (south west of the city), sitting by the river, sipping Pimms, watching rowers go by. Felt very British.

Pages Previous 1...97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:22 AM