Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU (part 2)
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 05 Apr, 2011 1:29 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
Hope you all get the calls/emails you're hoping for soon.

Dubz, best wishes to you on your first day at work tomorrow.

It's going to be lonely here when everyone is working. I might actually have to start doing the things on my really dusty old to-do list.

work has never stopped me before! besides, time zones work out well! We'll get home from work at midday for you. Plenty of time to waste on the board.

Okay, that makes me feel better.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 05 Apr, 2011 11:38 AM Quote
I got the internship and I start next week! Major WOOOHOOOOO! :D

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 05 Apr, 2011 12:14 PM Quote
I, on the other hand, did not get the job that I had a 2nd interview for last week. The job I was so qualified for that it was if the job description was writen for me.
Time for a wee breakdown.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 05 Apr, 2011 1:16 PM Quote
Congratulations, Megg!

Kristy, so sorry you didn't get your job. It really did seem so perfect. :o( Keep on trying.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 05 Apr, 2011 4:57 PM Quote
Congrats, Megg!!! Good to hear some good news from the European job market ;D)

Kristy, welcome to my world. I hope you don't stay here too long because it's really frustrating. I've been invited to quite a few 2nd interviews (last time there were only 2 applicants left), but somehow there was always this "other person" who fit in better than I did, or sth... no idea. I've managed to stop thinking about my situation 24/7, but some days are worse than others. Hrmph.

LUCKILY, a friend won tickets to a Kaizer's Orchestra concert and asked me to go with her, so at least I'll get some distraction tonight :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 05 Apr, 2011 4:57 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I got the internship and I start next week! Major WOOOHOOOOO! :D

nice ! one !

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Tue 05 Apr, 2011 5:12 PM Quote
oh, and I've been meaning to post this link for a while now (and now I'm not really keen on promoting their website/community bc of this awful 2nd job interview I had at their HQ), but maybe this is of interest for some of the expats out there:

http://www.internations.org/

I joined a few years ago and it's of no use to me now (since I'm not an expat, lol) so I'm going to ask them to delete my account soon (also bc of that interview debacle etcetera), BUT if anyone wants in (-> click the link and read the description if you're interested) I can send you an invite - or you can apply for one yourself (writing them a short note [without mentioning me, lol] should be enough to get one).

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 05 Apr, 2011 6:17 PM Quote
Kristy that sucks, big time. Maybe they were bollox to work for anyway and a more suitable position will find you, Don't Give Up.

Megg, Brilliant. Well Done.

Me, I'd a great first day, job is ideally suited to me, much more "hands on" and much less stress (although working for anyone after my last boss is an improvement), get fed, get clothed (a uniform) and should get travel expenses. Even got to pick my hours. Will get tons of experience but even if I don't I'll be well happy in this Job for a while yet, that said I'm fucking knackered right now. I could absolutely murder a freezing cold pint of Heineken.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 05 Apr, 2011 8:18 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Me, I'd a great first day, job is ideally suited to me, much more "hands on" and much less stress (although working for anyone after my last boss is an improvement), get fed, get clothed (a uniform) and should get travel expenses. Even got to pick my hours. Will get tons of experience but even if I don't I'll be well happy in this Job for a while yet, that said I'm fucking knackered right now. I could absolutely murder a freezing cold pint of Heineken.

Dubz

That sounds great! Glad it went well.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 06 Apr, 2011 12:09 AM Quote
Thanks guys!
Fingers crossed for everyone!

Edit: In other news, we went to another gig tonight. Managed to see only 2 bands before we had to leave: Pony Pony Run Run (they are very...well, French) and The Naked and Famous which were MUCH better than I expected (and also much younger than I imagined). It was worth going for the venue itself- Koko is AMAZING! Plus it was for free ;).

Oh, and I got a cookie from Kristy! :D

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 06 Apr, 2011 6:52 AM Quote
Megg, congrats on the internship!

Dubz, nice to hear your first day went well!

Kristy, I'll come over there and punch the people that didn't give you the job!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 06 Apr, 2011 8:30 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Thanks guys!
Fingers crossed for everyone!

Edit: In other news, we went to another gig tonight. Managed to see only 2 bands before we had to leave: Pony Pony Run Run (they are very...well, French) and The Naked and Famous which were MUCH better than I expected (and also much younger than I imagined). It was worth going for the venue itself- Koko is AMAZING! Plus it was for free ;).

Oh, and I got a cookie from Kristy! :D

venue was AMAZING! And unlike last week, we didnt get lost getting there! although slightly confused over the many stairwells once inside. That led to our super awesome Royal Box :)

And thanks Linds.

mili
mili Posted Wed 06 Apr, 2011 8:40 AM Quote
So, active Boardie job hunting, 2 done, 2 to go. Congrats to the successful ones and fingers crossed to the ones still searching!

I'm tired today after a Mogwai gig, it was worth it, though! Got myself a cool skull and wings t-shirt :^).

My last three gigs have been of Glaswegian origin, would've been four if I'd managed to get tickets to see Belle & Sebastian. Yesterday it was two acts from Glasgow for the price of one (RM Hubbard was there too).

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 06 Apr, 2011 5:41 PM Quote
I'm a little worried, my legs are seizing up, they used to do this regularly before for a while after the Bike accident. I'm really hoping it's lack of exercise or my uncomfortable work shoes or I've twisted something or anything other than my pelvic injury, I don't want to have to start all over again looking for a desk job.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 06 Apr, 2011 5:50 PM Quote
That doesn't sound good. Seizing up, like you can't move them? A nerve thing or a muscle thing?

Pages Previous 1...96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:59 AM