Travis

Doug P: A Little Bit Of Soul lyrics based on a book, or you?
neo1011
neo1011 Posted Thu 29 Apr, 2010 4:42 PM Quote
Since 'Dougie' Payne seems to lurk this forum daily as said by a helpful fan on another thread. I'll take the bait & fire away a much vaunted, but unanswered question. No ego boost if DP replies!;)

Mr Payne where did the inspiration for the lyrics from the b-side A Little Bit Of Soul come? There must be a source of some sort or piece - but bloody oath, what a truly melodic spiritual song!

What do we do when our evolution is done?

Re: Doug P: A Little Bit Of Soul lyrics based on a book, or
rella
rella Posted Thu 29 Apr, 2010 5:04 PM Quote
ooohh! if i change my name can i answer :)
don't mean to get excited
i only know one answer

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 30 Apr, 2010 10:59 AM Quote

this is one of my all time favs...though my ipod won't play it...i blame it on apple :)

good q!

neo1011
neo1011 Posted Sat 01 May, 2010 9:41 AM Quote
Nell wrote:

x1) this is one of my all time favs...though my ipod won't play it...

x2) i blame it on apple :)

x3) good q!

y1) Yeah, shows why George Harrison is a damn mighty songwriter in his 'own right' with or without The Beatles! Francis should let Douglas sing more!

y2) Bring back the days of CD singles! They're physically slimmer in packaging & storage. Travis were the undisclosed master of b-sides!

y3) Thank you! You, http://www.travisonline.com/members/I_Came_in_Through_the_Bathroom_Window/ & the other sheilahs should throw in some more comforting, housebound & relaxed questions to the mix!

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 01 May, 2010 10:09 PM Quote

:) shouldn't the analogy mention Paul rather than George? :) Bassplayers...;) Brilliant and also great songwriter..but I get your link...as in both underrated...

Dougie has brilliant songs..Enemy, Distance, A little bit of soul and I forget my name are some of my favorite songs in all times - but the question about the lyrics here is really good..

though the first few lines are really cought me.."what would be if you weren't an animal, who would you eat if you were a canibal" ...haha I mean ...aren't these questions you ask yourself every morning again and again? :)

hehe

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 5:44 AM