Travis

Re: Oh, for pity's sake! Someone start a new thread already!
melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Thu 25 Mar, 2010 4:10 AM Quote
LOL I have never heard the one about the frog. What about the one you hear when your leaving your familes house
"don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya."

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Thu 25 Mar, 2010 4:10 AM Quote

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 25 Mar, 2010 5:05 AM Quote
Nikki, I've heard the "you make a better door than a window"

Kayte, I've heard "ugly as sin"

My favorites are, "I'll be back in two shakes of a lamb's tail" and "dumber than a box of rocks".

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 6:05 PM Quote
thought i'd run this by the boardies...

last week my friend revealed to me via text that she up and married her boyfriend of 6 months. ((a relationship i didn't approve of from the get go and i spoke my piece about that but stayed silent after she heard me out and decided to go forward with the relationship anyway.)) not two weeks ago i was on the phone with her while she cried over of their latest falling out. then i don't hear from her for a few days and i get a text saying something to the effect of "sorry to be doing this via text but FYI we're engaged"...except that was total bull because she called me the next day to have a quick five minute conversation and send a text saying "i'm married." even on the phone she couldn't actually tell me. she had to wait until i got the text and started laughing to finally address it.

we're supposed to have dinner this week and i don't want to say something to intentionally hurt her but i also think i wouldn't be compltely in the wrong by saying 'hey you're way of telling me was total bullsh*t'

thoughts? advice??

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 6:09 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
thought i'd run this by the boardies...

last week my friend revealed to me via text that she up and married her boyfriend of 6 months. ((a relationship i didn't approve of from the get go and i spoke my piece about that but stayed silent after she heard me out and decided to go forward with the relationship anyway.)) not two weeks ago i was on the phone with her while she cried over of their latest falling out. then i don't hear from her for a few days and i get a text saying something to the effect of "sorry to be doing this via text but FYI we're engaged"...except that was total bull because she called me the next day to have a quick five minute conversation and send a text saying "i'm married." even on the phone she couldn't actually tell me. she had to wait until i got the text and started laughing to finally address it.

we're supposed to have dinner this week and i don't want to say something to intentionally hurt her but i also think i wouldn't be compltely in the wrong by saying 'hey you're way of telling me was total bullsh*t'

thoughts? advice??

I'm sure she told you via text because she was afraid and embarrassed to tell you in person or on the phone. Two months from now, you'll be on the phone with her again when she's left him or he's left her. Just tell her to use birth control, that's my advice.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 6:31 PM Quote
yah i joked with a friend of mine saying i'm sure she's just biding her time to tell me she's preggers.

this has completely changed how i view our friendship though.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 6:33 PM Quote
Give her a slap OR when you're eating and she turns away fork her!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 6:38 PM Quote
lol thanks Andy! for suggesting i shank my friend with a fork!

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 6:43 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
lol thanks Andy! for suggesting i shank my friend with a fork!

It's much more difficult to pass of a shank with a knife as an accident. nobody expects the fork

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 7:20 PM Quote
ah yes, stabbing is generally the approach I take when dealing with issues. Actually, thats a lie. Throwing shoes is.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 8:13 PM