Travis

Threat to Arts Education in Scotland
FussyFeatures
FussyFeatures Posted Mon 15 Mar, 2010 7:25 PM Quote
Hey peeps
I'm posting this cos it's linked to Travis as I know the guys went to art school.........
Please help us, we've got a petition against the axing of Cultural Co-ordinators - people who facilitate tons of arts education projects including music, visual art, dance, drama etc. This scheme is a Scottish scheme and its axing poses a serious threat to access to arts opportunities for young people in Scotland!!
It only takes a couple of minutes to sign the petition, we really need your help.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/culturalcoordinator/
Travis might not have become Travis if they hadnt been inspired at some point, by someone, to become involved in the arts!!!
Thank You!

Re: Threat to Arts Education in Scotland
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 15 Mar, 2010 7:33 PM Quote
Sorry but...

There's a global recession on, everybody has to make sacrifices if the money can be put to better use in Hospitals or basic education, I'm afraid I agree with the axings, sorry.

Dubz

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 16 Mar, 2010 9:58 AM Quote
DITTO

Kristy
Kristy Posted Tue 16 Mar, 2010 11:16 AM Quote
I'm with them ^

I believe a hellish amount of money is wasted on the arts - people will be creative whether it is foisted upon them or not.

FussyFeatures
FussyFeatures Posted Wed 17 Mar, 2010 9:06 PM Quote
Oh well, that's a shame.......clearly you didnt bother reading the info on the petition - if you had you'd have seen that most of these posts dont cost local authorities anything as the people bring in large amounts of external funding.......and can I also point out that the Creative Industries is one of very few growth industries so in this time of global recession we believe it's something which should be invested in.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 17 Mar, 2010 9:42 PM Quote
don't berate them for stating their oppinion on not signing . you 'll alienate yourself and push people on the fence away ..

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 18 Mar, 2010 8:27 AM Quote
FussyFeatures wrote:
Oh well, that's a shame.......clearly you didnt bother reading the info on the petition - if you had you'd have seen that most of these posts dont cost local authorities anything as the people bring in large amounts of external funding.......and can I also point out that the Creative Industries is one of very few growth industries so in this time of global recession we believe it's something which should be invested in.

I read the full information given, and if they make so much money externally why do they need government funding ??

Dubz

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:17 AM