Travis

Re: Vancouver 2/12/2010
Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 01 Mar, 2010 5:50 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Are you for real, Kristy Bear? Ahhh! OK! New rule: No Crosby pictures on this board.

Thank you.

it isnt a picture of Crosby. It is a picture of the person who scored the winning goal for my country.
And it was just to annoy Ric.

I woke up this morning and thought, wow. We beat the US, in overtime, on home soil for the gold medal. Every once in a while, things work out just the way you wanted. That's pretty effing cool.

ps- Nik, remeber how I said Stevie Y looked lovely in his grandpa cardigan? He was also rocking a 3 piece suit at the game yesterday. Delish.

Yeah! I saw him. He looked beautiful. It made me happy to see him happy. It made USA losing in overtime hurt a little less. But then he hugged Crosby and I wanted to throw up. lol.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 01 Mar, 2010 5:53 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Yeah! I saw him. He looked beautiful. It made me happy to see him happy. It made USA losing in overtime hurt a little less. But then he hugged Crosby and I wanted to throw up. lol.

Im wearing the ring that you gave me for my birthday. Does that warm your heart and soul?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 01 Mar, 2010 5:58 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Im wearing the ring that you gave me for my birthday. Does that warm your heart and soul?

Aw, yes...yes it does. And as I'm relaxing here on the couch with my laptop, I can see the painting you got me in NYC sitting on the bookshelf. :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 01 Mar, 2010 6:04 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Aw, yes...yes it does. And as I'm relaxing here on the couch with my laptop, I can see the painting you got me in NYC sitting on the bookshelf. :)

awww. cross border BLT hug? You'll just have bend down a little. I'm rather short and I didn't even wear heels to work today.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 01 Mar, 2010 6:56 PM Quote
shall I take that as a no, then? I'm heartbroken, Nik!

You broke my soul
Dear you stole the plot
You left an empty shot
There's nothing left here 'cos you took the lot
An empty cage is all I've got

:P

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 01 Mar, 2010 9:02 PM Quote
Me again. my officemate is killing me. Until yesterday she had never heard of Sidney Crosby.

It went something like this:
S: "So, that kid that got the goal..."
K: "Sidney Crosby. Had you heard of him before this?"
S: I've heard of Bing Crosby"

And it just went on like that for 10 minutes with me laughing and crying hysterically as she tried to tell me that this is probably the peak of his career and he should quit now because this was probably a fluke. And then called him Bing Jr and said if he hit on her in a bar she would just be like "yo, who is this 22 year old kid?."
K: "he's in Tim Hortons commericals. And gaterade. And reebok"
S: "Tim Hortons has commericals?"
K:" He's the captain of the Penguins. They won the Cup last year."
S: "oh ya, who did they play again? The Sharkies?"
K: "no, the Red Wings."
S: "But the Sharkies are a team, right?"
K: "Well, the Sharkes are. He is kind of a big deal. I don't like him, but he's been billed as 'The Next One' since he was 13 years old."
S: *blank stare* "Does he have a video game?"

Then she googled him, found out he doesnt have a video game and said "oooh, Im Sidney. I dont have a video game. And I have a girl's name. Im a wimpy baby (I may have supplied her with that information). I guess he is moderatly successful. whatever"

She is killing me.

But I did find it amusing that even she knew they were trying to make too many pretty passes when they should have just been shooting the puck. The girl has probably seen 15 minutes of hockey in her life. 10 minutes of that was last night.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 01 Mar, 2010 9:08 PM Quote
There was a call-in poll on the radio today. The question was:

Which was worse for you, Sidney Crosby's goal or watching him hug Steve Yzerman?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 01 Mar, 2010 9:11 PM Quote
16.6 million people in Canada watched the game last night. At it's peak, the viewership was 26.5 million. That is 80% of the entire population of the country.

Highest broadcast event in Canadian televion history.

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 01 Mar, 2010 10:19 PM Quote
Hairs on Neck

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 01 Mar, 2010 10:28 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Darran wrote:
I hate Americans.

37 total medals. Most by any country at any Winter Olympics. We win.

North America is probably the only place in the world which has a false medal table.

THIS IS THE MEDAL TABLE

Canada pissed it with the amount of Golds and finished top. It's not the amount of medals you win, it's the colour that matters.

You could have 22 men wearing Silver medals but it still only means one thing..

Second place and First loser.

Gold = Numbero Uno

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Mar, 2010 3:11 AM Quote
I think what Im going to miss most about the Olympics are the sappy video montages that turn me into a weeping blob of a human being. And to think, this one was put together before the gold medal game.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/video/index.html?assetid=16afced6-f953-42f8-88ce-46c9493947e9&cid=rss

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 02 Mar, 2010 3:55 AM Quote
so they shut down the liquer stores at 2 pm yesterday ?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Mar, 2010 4:13 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
so they shut down the liquer stores at 2 pm yesterday ?

in Vancouver, yes.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 02 Mar, 2010 4:15 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

You broke my soul
Dear you stole the plot
You left an empty shot

I left the house after I posted. Here...this is better than a hug:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2zhl7hg.jpg

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 02 Mar, 2010 4:18 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:

You broke my soul
Dear you stole the plot
You left an empty shot

I left the house after I posted. Here...this is better than a hug:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2zhl7hg.jpg

remember when I put your face on there and made Stevie kiss you for your bday? (apperently everything is about bdays today)

Pages Previous 1...19 20 21 22 [23] 24 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:27 AM