elmfai wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:
elmfai wrote:
they deserved a Grammy for The Man Who!
but just The Man Who...

Why just The Man Who?
The other albums are great too!

not like TMW.

The Invisible Band is Travis' best album, actually. ;)

TIB is good.but after that they began falloff!

Even though 12 Memories is genius? ;)

falloff? r u serious?

I thought 12 Memouries was the work of a genius and The boy with no name is like my constant companion.

Noooooooo imho the got better and better and better....

Maybe it's just my feeling about lyrics and...because i'm felling songs like WDIAROM and Turn in my life...
and Turn is my favorite Travis song!
They are always great...

Re: BRITs Album of 30 Years
paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 21 Jan, 2010 10:32 PM Quote
I voted for Urban Hymns :-/

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 21 Jan, 2010 11:04 PM Quote
Voted! Go Travis!!!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 22 Jan, 2010 7:11 AM Quote
So, just curious-I don't know anything about the Brit awards...is there a reason for it being the best album in the past 30 years? (as opposed to 10, 20, 25 years). Or is it the 30th anniversary of the Brit awards or something?

mili
mili Posted Fri 22 Jan, 2010 7:20 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
I voted for Urban Hymns :-/

TRAITOR!!!!

;^D

joss
joss Posted Sat 23 Jan, 2010 12:43 PM Quote
joss wrote:
VOTED!

but I am not from UK or US:)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 24 Jan, 2010 2:31 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
is it the 30th anniversary of the Brit awards or something?

Yes

I'd be interested to know if people, being objective as they possibly can, think this album genuinely stands a chance.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled if it wins, and have voted accordingly. But best album in the last 30 years? Really?

It's a funny old shortlist, if you think about it, given the wealth of choice out there. Maybe it's the quirkiness of the competition that makes The Man Who a contender.

Thoughts???

Intergalactic91
Intergalactic91 Posted Sun 24 Jan, 2010 6:49 PM Quote
Voted for The Man Who
Brits are pretty bad each year anyway, I'd be surprised if Travis won it. Normally most popular wins (Duffy, Leona Lewis etc)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 11:20 AM Quote
Urban Hymns for me.

As for Twelve Memories , i think its a dreadful album Midlife Krysis in particular.

The drop off in Travis's popularity from that point on shows that i am not alone in thinking that.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 11:52 AM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:

As for Twelve Memories , i think its a dreadful album Midlife Krysis in particular.
The drop off in Travis's popularity from that point on shows that i am not alone in thinking that.

I actually enjoyed 12 Memories, but agree that it was a turning point in the wrong direction.

I do hope that this nomination will regenerate some interest in Travis in the UK. And also that Travis might regenerate some enthusiasm for the UK music scene and their home fans in return!

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 10:38 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Urban Hymns for me.

It's a change in their music style, clearly. But in my opinion it's great work. Especially Midlife Krysis. Amongst Love will come through and Somewhere else it's my favorite song of the whole record. Love the first 2 refrains.

And I don't agree with Toni's point of view either that they went into the wrong direction after/with 12 Memories.
Again The boy with no name was one of my favorites records in the past 20 years and so do think my friends here.

...interest of people? That as an argument? Last stay in London, for 3 days(2009): Travis: 4 times played, in different bars and restaurants!
And if it's going to be a popularity contest, rather than a music "contest". Than freaking Brittney Spears should win. Or Tokyo Hotel. Hate them, but hey; It's what's the crowd wants. And I'm sure, if BrAngelina would bring out a record, humming some childrens songs on it; even that would win.

So just because they haven't been that popular amongst those teenies anymore, cos less records are being sold (not included here is the fact how many records have been downloaded)
And if it's about selling records they wouldn't have to ask for people's choice, but rather have a look into the statistics.

leticia
leticia Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 10:50 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

So just because they haven't been that popular amongst those teenies anymore, cos less records are being sold (not included here is the fact how many records have been downloaded)
And if it's about selling records they wouldn't have to ask for people's choice, but rather have a look into the statistics.

Woooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Go Nora! I absolutely agree with u amiga.

And this thread is about to turn in the typical "Travis Boardies that hate Travis" thread in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 11:04 PM Quote

Haha that's nooooot what I wanted it to turn in. Someone made a point that I just can't agree with. And so I wanted to state my point of view.

But ya, you're right. Exactly those arguments have been used in sooo many of these shitty arguments threads before..

Aletways
Aletways Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 11:26 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
minnmess wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

I have to compete with my sister... she voted for Keane and will ask all our friends to do the same. See? I told you she's the evil twin!!!

I'm sorry, she did what now??
She's got some explaining to do!

I know, I know! This is war. :oP

Clearly you got all the nutrience in the womb.

Sorry, I'm a traitor too! Hehehe! I love both Keane and Travis, and neither is going to win, but if any of them does, I'll be a very happy person :) .

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 11:39 PM Quote

I place my bet on Oasis

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:59 PM