Travis

Re: In 2010 I will...
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 02 Jan, 2010 7:54 AM Quote
Of course it'll be my best year ever, Bodi!
I should add:

- Meeting as many boardies as possible while I'm in Europe. :oD

Nora, I'm still considering those cities! We (my friends and I) haven't really talked about our itinerary after that one time, lol, but I'm definitely going to bring your suggestions up when we do! :oD

Ana, what tips are you talking about? I have no idea in which way I could be helpful, but of course, feel free to ask me whatever you want! :o)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 06 Jan, 2010 6:23 PM Quote
Okay, 6 days in, how is everyone doing?

minnmess wrote:

In 2010 I will...

-be better to myself. Get more sleep, be healthier, less self critical, etc
-shoot more (in the photographic sense). Even if I dont know how to do something, or it turns out to be an epic failure, I'm going to try.
-take more risks and not expect that they will blow up in my face and end horribly.

more sleep-nope

healthier- slightly. Stopped my gross holiday eating, started yoga class this week. Look, I'm eating a banana

less self critical- not a chance in hell

shoot more- well, i started a weekly photo project, so let's see if I keep it up

risks- haven't really had the chance yet, and was told yesterday that I'm not a rebel, so I guess that is also a fail on that one.

deebee
deebee Posted Sat 09 Jan, 2010 6:57 PM Quote
........learn to open a bottle of wine with a proper T-shaped corkscrew and not cheat.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 09 Jan, 2010 8:46 PM Quote
I've found that if you're going to, it's easier to have just one resolution. Last year mine was to read more, which I sort of did. This year it's to get more sleep. So far It's been 50/50, too soon to tell.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 11 Jan, 2010 7:13 PM Quote
...go to Iceland!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 11 Jan, 2010 7:32 PM Quote
I am not holding my pee quite as long. So far a smashing success!

See people?? Set the bar LOW and you can achieve your dreams!

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 11 Jan, 2010 7:35 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
...go to Iceland!

.......to buy a frozen triple chocolate cake or to meet Bjork?????

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 11 Jan, 2010 7:47 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I am not holding my pee quite as long. So far a smashing success!

See people?? Set the bar LOW and you can achieve your dreams!

I have to pee every 3 minutes. Damn drinking more water!!

Wendy, can you wear a swan dress when you meet Bjork? And take a picture for me, please and thank you. or maybe you be that bear, whose name escapes me, and she can be the swan.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 11 Jan, 2010 7:52 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
........learn to open a bottle of wine with a proper T-shaped corkscrew and not cheat.

We had one of those in the hotel when I was in NYC. They gave us a comp bottle of wine when we checked in, but neither of us could figure out how to open it without the pushy down arm bits, so there it sat, with the corkscrew stuck in the cork, for the entire duration of our stay.
Are you supposed to just pull it out? I dont have that kind of strength!

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 11 Jan, 2010 8:28 PM Quote
Kristy I think it's sheer brute force. My husband always holds the bottle between his knees and then pulls as hard as he can. I'm a wimp and always have to ask for help. I haven't managed it once yet on my own but those ones with handles are really handy if you need to do it the easy way.

PS I hope you took your bottle home with you ;-)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 11 Jan, 2010 8:32 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Kristy I think it's sheer brute force. My husband always holds the bottle between his knees and then pulls as hard as he can. I'm a wimp and always have to ask for help. I haven't managed it once yet on my own but those ones with handles are really handy if you need to do it the easy way.

PS I hope you took your bottle home with you ;-)

that sounds like the most complicated thing ever!! Why doesnt everyone just have the arms one? A bottle of wine between your legs is sure to lead to accidents, no?

I didnt think Canadian customs would be very kind if we came back with a bottle of kinda opened but not really wine :)

sad sad sad
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs270.snc1/9721_670919695606_121503582_39920167_7109323_n.jpg

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 11 Jan, 2010 9:03 PM Quote
Argh what a waste of good wine. Shame, shame !!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 11 Jan, 2010 9:08 PM Quote
I KNOW! Okay, I dont even really like wine, but it was a total waste. We should have found someone to open it for us, but we were too embarrassed. We hoped everyday when we got back to the room that the maid would have opened it. We should have left a note on it.
"We are pathetic and dont know how to open the bottle. Please help
love and best wishes, 2 ridiculous Canadians xo"

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] All Times BST Current Time 4:42 PM