A hard one[/b]

That's what she said.

Excited that the US is moving on!

I was going to say that.

Re: The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa thread
bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 2:38 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Exactly! I mean, I'm not an expert either, far from it, but when people scream and ask why the ref didn't give us a penalty when one of ours falls down in the middle of the field, it gets on my nerves.

Thanks Ana!!! I'm scared about us facing Mexico, but I think Uruguay will definitely be able to handle South Korea. :o)

Lol! That's so funny! I can laugh now but when I was like 4 or 5 I thought that any foul was a penalty, although I didn't scream and or demand it out loud xD. But yeah, now is so annoying, and even if you explain to them that is not a penalty, they insist on acting like before :oS.

Well, you shouldn't be scare of Mexico, Juli. We're definitely going to lose that match against Argentina. I wish I was more optimistic, but I can only be realistic since optimism, being Mexican, has never paid off... It's just Mexico's classic way of saying good-bye to the World Cup. Seriously, guys, you should be already celebrating xDDD. I can only expect to be good and entertaining match. Hopefully our players will put their hearts and soul into it... even if the lose in the end :o).

mili
mili Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 11:09 AM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
soo...

germany - england on sunday >)

should be fun, hehe.

I just agreed with the resident England fan on meals timetable for sunday. Hope all the neighbours are in their summer cottages, it's going to be noisy.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 2:33 PM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:
Mexico vs Argentina

A hard one

I concurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre , I mean orele ..... I want maradona to win but would like to see Mexico advance a few

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 3:11 PM Quote
mon' the Germans

Dubz

Absy
Absy Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 8:00 PM Quote
C'mon Holland !

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 8:22 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:

Lol! That's so funny! I can laugh now but when I was like 4 or 5 I thought that any foul was a penalty, although I didn't scream and or demand it out loud xD. But yeah, now is so annoying, and even if you explain to them that is not a penalty, they insist on acting like before :oS.

Well, you shouldn't be scare of Mexico, Juli. We're definitely going to lose that match against Argentina. I wish I was more optimistic, but I can only be realistic since optimism, being Mexican, has never paid off... It's just Mexico's classic way of saying good-bye to the World Cup. Seriously, guys, you should be already celebrating xDDD. I can only expect to be good and entertaining match. Hopefully our players will put their hearts and soul into it... even if the lose in the end :o).

Well, you were 4 or 5, Almond, lol. You're excused. xDDD
Don't be so pessimistic! Who are you, me??? :oP Both teams are doing great, and we have a long history of scewing things up. For example, we lost 6-1 to Bolivia last year. So, anything can happen. Have faith!
That said, I really hope we win. The way we've been playing (and the way everyone else's been playing) we deserve to be among the best 8.

Well done Paraguay!
The two teams that played the last final are out... VAMOS AMÉRICA LATINA! I'm supporting Chile tomorrow. :o)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2010 9:07 PM Quote

Wonder what sort of odds you would have gotten on both France and Italy finishing bottom of their groups ??

Dubz

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 25 Jun, 2010 1:55 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Well, you were 4 or 5, Almond, lol. You're excused. xDDD
Don't be so pessimistic! Who are you, me??? :oP Both teams are doing great, and we have a long history of scewing things up. For example, we lost 6-1 to Bolivia last year. So, anything can happen. Have faith!
That said, I really hope we win. The way we've been playing (and the way everyone else's been playing) we deserve to be among the best 8.

Well done Paraguay!
The two teams that played the last final are out... VAMOS AMÉRICA LATINA! I'm supporting Chile tomorrow. :o)

That's why we are friends! :oP I want to have faith but then I think of Messi's dribling, Verón's amazing long-distance shots, and I obviously remember Maxi Rodríguez's last minute goal that left us out the World Cup 4 years ago, and it's impossible to me to believe that we will win :o(. Anyways... ¡VAMOS MÉXICO! :oP

I'm with Chile tomorrow, too :o).

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:29 AM Quote
Well done to the Kiwis. Didn't qualify but played well and conducted themselves with respecct. and if it hadn't been for a dodgy penalty decision... who knows??

Dubz

CHILENA2006
CHILENA2006 Posted Fri 25 Jun, 2010 2:52 PM Quote
Today is the day ... I always say the same thing .. but I'm really very nervous ... Spain is a great team ... with much history and good football ...
I hope we can do it well ... I really believe we deserve to go to the next phase ....
Force Chile! Vamos que se puede!;)
aaawwwww....thank you very much guys for your support ... very nice of you!! :D
http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a418/memeluengo/2009-08-13_10-13_1024_1_chile2.jpg

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 25 Jun, 2010 3:12 PM Quote
USA catch the Soccer Bug

One small point, that is not the world's reaction but rather America's reaction or perhaps you can make it like Baseball, play Canada and then declare yourselves World Champions.

That said as a Saint Mirren fan I can empathise It really is fantastic to see the underdog supporters going mental when they get a result. Well Done USA.

Dubz

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 25 Jun, 2010 4:46 PM Quote
This world cup is a complete riddle for me.

First: Germany vs. Australia: 4:0 - so Germany ist def. stronger.
then: Australia vs: Serbia: 2:1 - So Serbia must be even weaker than Austreila and then the big surprise:
Germany vs. Serbia: 0:1 - Wow!

So how to make predictions?

Next question: What about the referees. Are they drunk or something?
I'm not holding my thumps for the USA but I'd enjoy a fair game - now what was that: USA - Slovenia?
I counted 5 fouls, non of which the referee whistled for and a third goald - which didn't count.

Is it allowed to "hold" the players? Why did he just ignore these 5 fouls?
5 fouls and 3rd goal

Pages Previous 1...5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:40 AM