Travis

Re: The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa thread
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 11 Jul, 2010 6:42 PM Quote
Best of Luck to both tonight, just hope it's a good game.

Whomever wins it will be their first World Cup.

As it gets closer I'm starting to lead towards Espana, If I remember correctly the Netherlands can get quite "Phsyical" (I seem to remember them kicking lumps out of Portual in the last world cup.)

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 11 Jul, 2010 6:56 PM Quote
¡Vamos España!

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 11 Jul, 2010 10:37 PM Quote
¡ESPAÑA! Amazing night. We deserved to win! ¡VAMOS!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 12 Jul, 2010 12:32 AM Quote
In a fit of Euphoria , I just took off my beard which I've had since 98...WTF ..been waitting for this since 90

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 12 Jul, 2010 10:39 AM Quote
(logging in for 3 minutes just to say this:)

¡FELICIDADES, España!

and I hope you're not having a "bocadillo de calamares fritos" for your celebratory lunch today, Bodi ;p

oh and, as a Bavarian citizen, allow me to say: YAAAAY, Thomas Müller!! ;D

mili
mili Posted Mon 12 Jul, 2010 11:01 AM Quote
Three men celebrated by running naked past our house, middle of the street (which is lined by block of flats…). They were chanting and kicking a can.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Mon 12 Jul, 2010 5:15 PM Quote
I have to admit that I wasn't a huge fan of Spain throughout the championship but, Casillas, Iniesta and the rest of the team earned my respect during this final game. Congrats!!

Our squad was supposed to arrive at the airport in the afternoon, their flight is running late so the celebrations will be held tomorrow. In addition, we have another reason to be happy, Forlán won the Golden Ball! I'm glad his hard work's been recognised :)

Absy
Absy Posted Mon 12 Jul, 2010 9:08 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Three men celebrated by running naked past our house, middle of the street (which is lined by block of flats…). They were chanting and kicking a can.

Arf !

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 12 Jul, 2010 10:20 PM Quote
I was awoken at 3:30am, 4:00 and 4:20 by 3 different sets of fans on their way back from celebrating their win. Hey, fuck it, It's only once every four years and it was amazing to see how much it had meant to Cassilas (sp?) So let them party !!

Dubz

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 13 Jul, 2010 6:38 PM Quote
Yesterday was amazing. More than 1million people on the streets. It was fantastic. And about Casillas, I have to admit that when I saw him crying, I started to cry too :$

lilly wrote:
(logging in for 3 minutes just to say this:)

¡FELICIDADES, España!

and I hope you're not having a "bocadillo de calamares fritos" for your celebratory lunch today, Bodi ;p

Hahaha. I didn't have calamares, don't worry :D And I won't have pulpo for a while, hehe. People love Paul like he was a player lol

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 13 Jul, 2010 6:58 PM Quote

Congrats Spain! I'm very glad Netherlands didn't win (mainly because of South Africa's history, but also because they spent the entire game commiting fouls!). The ref was utter rubbish, which I think only expresses what refereeing has been like in this World Cup.
And Casillas was sooo sweet!!! :o)

The game between Uruguay and Germany was much more interesting than the final itself. What a game. I'm so proud of Uruguay. Definitely my favourite team in the World Cup. And I'm very happy about Forlán. He totally deserved it! :o)

It could have been better, but it was an amazing World Cup for South American teams. Every South American team in the competition finished in the Top 10. And Argentina finished 5th, after 20 years of not being in the Top 5. So it's been a great tournament for us. :o)

Now it's time to go back to local football. Boca Juniors is touring Australia. :oP

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 13 Jul, 2010 9:47 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Boca Juniors is touring Australia. :oP

I think they'll be in Seattle at the end of this month o sometime next month to play the Sounders.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 14 Jul, 2010 8:39 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:

I think they'll be in Seattle at the end of this month o sometime next month to play the Sounders.

We're playing the Sounders again?? I guess maybe Boca feel they can beat them this time with new coach and our brand new reinforcements. :oP

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 15 Jul, 2010 2:24 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:

We're playing the Sounders again?? I guess maybe Boca feel they can beat them this time with new coach and our brand new reinforcements. :oP

My bad. They already played in May. I guess I got them confused with another team.

Pages Previous 1...11 12 13 14 [15] All Times BST Current Time 10:16 PM