Travis

Re: The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa thread
Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sun 27 Jun, 2010 5:25 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:

Germany vs England in some hours! This should be an entertaining game ("should" being the key word here, considering the low level of this World Cup so far). :o)

What a game!! I thought it was going to be a draw and that they would go to penalties, but Larrionda made an awful, AWFUL mistake and Germany took advantage of it.
No matter how you look at it, it seems that the Uruguayans are trying (too hard sometimes) to make history this World Cup...

Yesterday's game against South Korea almost made my heart stop... if Ghana wins the next match, that would mean that at least there's still an African team in the competition, that's a comforting thought :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 27 Jun, 2010 5:42 PM Quote
The English superstars are unable to perform in the national team. Where was the marking?! The defense was absolutely horrible today. What is Barry doing on the field for 90 minutes? He didn't make one good decision. Many questions, maybe they need an English coach that can turn them into a team?

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 27 Jun, 2010 6:00 PM Quote
They had a n English coach and failed with him too.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 27 Jun, 2010 7:04 PM Quote
Gary Lineker, Maggie Thatcher, Alan Shearer, Elton John, Garry Bushel, Jim Davidson, Stuart Pearce, David Badiel, Wayne Rooney, John Virgo, Johnny Wilkinson, Frank Skinner, John Motson...

GET IT RIGHT FUCKIN' UP YE !!!!!

Dubz

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-bounce016.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-bounce016.gif

Monica
Monica Posted Sun 27 Jun, 2010 8:32 PM Quote
That's how Argentina are going to win the World Cup?

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sun 27 Jun, 2010 10:04 PM Quote
Do something about the defense before Saturday!!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:24 PM Quote
i concurr but since it hot as hell

http://justbeer.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/hopottinipa.jpg

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 28 Jun, 2010 6:45 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
That's how Argentina are going to win the World Cup?

Who said we're going to win the Cup?? Lol!
I don't know who's going to win, but I had a weird dream the other day: I found out I actually had two fathers and the surname of my other father was "Holanda" (Holland). So maybe it's a sign, lol. But I think Germany is the best team in the tournament so far.

Anyway, we take every game as it comes. As for what I expect for the next game, it depends on what you mean by "that".
Having awful referees? Not handling the ball and with our defense standing way in the back? Referees letting the other team beat the crap out of our players without even being booked? If you meant any of those three, my answer is I certainly hope not!!
But, if you mean not losing any game we've played, scoring more than one goal per game, playing offensive football and playing with passion, then I hope yes. Argentina can play poorly or beautifully, can score or not, but no one can say we don't try. :oP

But, I think Germany work better as a team than we do. They're faster and physically (did I spell that right?? Lol) stronger than us, so I think it's going to be tough for Argentina. I'm not feeling too optimistic about the game on Saturday. But considering what I used to think of Maradona as a coach, and how we nearly didn't make it to the World Cup at all, I'm extremely proud of what this team has accomplished. So if we lose on Saturday, I hope it's decent. I'm not really expecting us to win. :o)

And what the fuck is up with the refs! I thought they had to be good in order to be in the World Cup...

Holland had it easy today, so I'm not surprised they won.

I'm supporting CHILE now!!! Wohoooo! :oP

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 28 Jun, 2010 6:55 PM Quote

phew! I'm reaaaally glad Germany made it! Though the second goal should've counted.

Any news about FIFA? I mean they MUST take action now. It's the second time in this round where a referee makes a horrible mistake like this. The Italian one didn't recognise an off-side and this one didn't even see a goal.
Well, he couldn't possible see it - but the assistent referee should have.

I read that FIFA does not want to let camera pictures count cos it would prohibit the referee's athority as well as the "free feelings of the fans" as in: They must have somthing to discuss about after the game. If there weren't any mistakes and errors made it'd be boring.

That's what FIFA CEO said in an interview concerning the first phase of the World Cup.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
Idiots!

Why not paying the referee at the first place. That'd be certainly a lot to talk about, wouldn't it?

MAFIA

CHILENA2006
CHILENA2006 Posted Mon 28 Jun, 2010 7:12 PM Quote
I'm supporting CHILE now!!! Wohoooo! :oP

Thanks a lot Juli... we need that support more than ever .... let's see what happens today.....
Good luck Chile!!!!!!
:D

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 28 Jun, 2010 7:41 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

phew! I'm reaaaally glad Germany made it! Though the second goal should've counted.

Any news about FIFA? I mean they MUST take action now. It's the second time in this round where a referee makes a horrible mistake like this. The Italian one didn't recognise an off-side and this one didn't even see a goal.
Well, he couldn't possible see it - but the assistent referee should have.

I read that FIFA does not want to let camera pictures count cos it would prohibit the referee's athority as well as the "free feelings of the fans" as in: They must have somthing to discuss about after the game. If there weren't any mistakes and errors made it'd be boring.

That's what FIFA CEO said in an interview concerning the first phase of the World Cup.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
Idiots!

Why not paying the referee at the first place. That'd be certainly a lot to talk about, wouldn't it?

MAFIA

I oppose the use of video evidence during a game, It is football and these things happen, Two words for the English media bandwagon RUSSIAN LINESMAN. Ireland got knocked out due to a handball, Diego Maradona's hand of God, Rivaldo going down like a ton of bricks clutching his face after a ball hit him on the leg which resulted in the opposition player being red carded, loads of injustices have happened in football over the years. It's all a part of the game and as such part of the game's appeal.

I seem to remember someone (possibly Fifa/Uefa) trying out having a further assistant referee on each of the goal touchlines during a Europa League match last season. I even think Everton may have been involved (but I could be wrong)

Fuck them, it happens, deal with it. It's a double edged sword, "It could have changed the game" yes and it being disallowed could also have changed the game. i.e. We're getting bugger all here lads we better dig in and make sure the next one we score there can be no doubt!!

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:11 PM Quote

I really hope Brazil get knocked out of this tournament soon, their attitude fucking stinks, they have brilliant players and are capable of outrageous skill, So why do they feel the need to dive and scream blue murder every time the opposition goes anywhere near them.

Dubz

closergms1968
closergms1968 Posted Mon 28 Jun, 2010 8:44 PM Quote
But considering what I used to think of Maradona as a coach, and how we nearly didn't make it to the World Cup at all

Look close at the guys on the bench behind Maradona.
I dont think Maradona is coaching the Argentina team.
His record at club football level was dreadfull.
They CAN easily win the world cup and probably will. ;-)

CHILENA2006
CHILENA2006 Posted Mon 28 Jun, 2010 9:20 PM Quote
:(

Nell
Nell Posted Mon 28 Jun, 2010 10:08 PM Quote

@Dubz
well ..then you're more interested in what goes on besides football - cos that has nothing to do with football or sports whatsoever. It's supposed to see which team plays best. Not who payed the referee, who can cry the most and what ever

Camera and add. referee work fine for tennies.

If someone scores a goal - then it fucking is a goal. Football is what matters not the referee's opinion. otherwise why even play if you can't be sure your efforts pay out.
And yes, it pissed me off that Ireland got kicked out by that "mistake"...

Pages Previous 1...7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:36 AM