Travis

Re: The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa thread
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 25 Jun, 2010 5:36 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
USA catch the Soccer Bug

One small point, that is not the world's reaction but rather America's reaction or perhaps you can make it like Baseball, play Canada and then declare yourselves World Champions.

That said as a Saint Mirren fan I can empathise It really is fantastic to see the underdog supporters going mental when they get a result. Well Done USA.

Dubz

it's still such a tiny percentage that care

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 25 Jun, 2010 6:30 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
This world cup is a complete riddle for me.

First: Germany vs. Australia: 4:0 - so Germany ist def. stronger.
then: Australia vs: Serbia: 2:1 - So Serbia must be even weaker than Austreila and then the big surprise:
Germany vs. Serbia: 0:1 - Wow!

If only it was that simple ^^ It's all about tactics, roles, form on the day, decisions, mistakes etc.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:46 PM Quote

My goodness, the last fifteen minutes of the game between Spain and Chile were the anti-football. Such behaviour shouldn't be allowed... there should be some kind of rule like "if a team makes twenty passes without crossing the half-way line, the other team gets a free kick" or something... I don't know how to say it in English, but... qué nivel de amargura, por favor!!!

And I don't like the way Brazil is playing. It's all acting and playing dirty. What happened with football??

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 25 Jun, 2010 9:53 PM Quote
I took a nap , that player ever make it on the field ? BUT ! it's still a win for Spain

Monica
Monica Posted Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:52 PM Quote
I'm so happy we won! Great Iniesta, I'm so happy he's back! Best player in the world, without a doubt. I like Portugal, but we'll beat them on Tuesday :D

CHILENA2006
CHILENA2006 Posted Fri 25 Jun, 2010 11:20 PM Quote
Congrats Spain!!!!
;)

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 26 Jun, 2010 12:07 AM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

If only it was that simple ^^ It's all about tactics, roles, form on the day, decisions, mistakes etc.

no...it's not about tactics and certainly not about rules anymore :(

though the Argentinian referee tonight was great! The only fair referee on the field! Respect!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 26 Jun, 2010 12:58 AM Quote
Who said anything about rules? ^^

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 26 Jun, 2010 5:43 PM Quote
Honestly Bodi, I didn't see Spain shine yesterday. I expected much more. During the first half Chile played better (they were rough, that's true, but they were better). Spain was only able to trouble Chile because of Chile's own defensive problems and a terrible mistake of their keeper. Spain had two chances and scored twice, that's all. It has to be said though, the second goal was awesome!
Even if I agree that Chile was commiting too many fouls, the second booking of Estrada was not fair at all.
That said, on the second half Spain dominated the game, but Chile was pretty good considering they were playing with 10. Spain missed the opportunity to take advantage of that. And finally, from 15 or 20 minutes before the end of the game on, both teams' behaviour was shameful. Spain just kept on passing the ball on their side of the field and Chile didn't bother trying to change that. I would have thought that both teams enjoyed playing football, not just speculating with results. That's not the attitude a team like Spain should have. Spain deserved to win, but didn't shine...
I hope things improve in the following games... I was seriously pissed by those last 15 minutes!!!
Annnywayyyy, well done Spain and Chile moving on to the next round. They were the best two teams in that group. :o)
Spain vs Portugal and Chile vs Brazil... should be interesting!!!

Moving on... VAMOS LA CELESTE!!!! Vamos Uruguay!!! South Korea dominated the game most of the time, but missed a lot of chances. And Uruguay sort of woke up after the draw, and scored a great second goal. It was a pretty even game, and I felt bad for the South Koreans, but I'm super glad Uruguay made it through. :o)

I'm cheering for Ghana now, but I think USA will win. :oP

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sat 26 Jun, 2010 10:15 PM Quote
:(

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 26 Jun, 2010 10:17 PM Quote
Unlucky USA but Ghana probably did just deserve it in Extra Time. USA have been excellent participants.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 27 Jun, 2010 1:03 AM Quote
http://blog.readingsbyrene.com/wp-content/upload/coke.jpg

gonna drown my sorrows with and look forwatd to ARGENTINA tomorrow

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 27 Jun, 2010 1:04 AM Quote
Ric, I'll trade ya for a Stroh's.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 27 Jun, 2010 7:11 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

gonna drown my sorrows with and look forwatd to ARGENTINA tomorrow

Awww, that's very sweet, maZn!!! I know how hard this is for you. Nobody wants us to win, so we really need your support. I'm sooo nervous about the game!!!

Germany vs England in some hours! This should be an entertaining game ("should" being the key word here, considering the low level of this World Cup so far). :o)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 27 Jun, 2010 5:19 PM Quote
Ouch.

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:13 PM