Which kind of ads was that? A TV show?

Re: Travis Song's in Unlikely Places
irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Sun 13 Dec, 2009 5:20 PM Quote
Yes, a chat show.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Mon 14 Dec, 2009 9:16 PM Quote
I heard Quite Free on TV as well - the introduction of it, on a sitcom... I forget what it's called.

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Mon 14 Dec, 2009 9:28 PM Quote
Yes! It also was the intro.

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Tue 15 Dec, 2009 1:19 AM Quote
I was listening to them in my car today (which is the most likely place you will hear them where I live) before I walked to class for my exam. It was "All I Wanna Do Is Rock" to try to pump myself up for math... ha! It kinda did work cos I was exhausted and put me in a pretty positive mood. I put on my FB "Travis send me good vibes today" and I think it must have worked! Thumbs up lol.

tracymac1969
tracymac1969 Posted Tue 15 Dec, 2009 2:56 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
tracymac1969 wrote:
I hear WDIAROM on my store's (SOBEYS) radio station, i beleive it comes through Chum FM. I work in a grocery store and whenever i hear it, i stop what i'm doing and say 'that's my boys'! People look at me as if i'm crazy and i tell them to listen!

Chum FM plays Travis??!!
The only station ive heard Travis on in recent memory is a Hamilton College station, and last week on CBC radio.

If Closer comes on, please be sure to do something grocery store related. And if I come visit you at Sobeys, can you let me steal a steak or something?

LMAO!
I can only imagine the funny looks i'd get if i re-enacted Closer! Altbhough i'm sure i could get a few of my cashiers on board, maybe even a local comedian - now that would be something!
As for the free steaks, noit sure that would goover well with the loss prevention dept LOL!

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Fri 25 Dec, 2009 8:11 PM Quote
I heard Song to Self in a store the other day.

Monica
Monica Posted Sat 26 Dec, 2009 8:10 PM Quote
The other day I was having lunch at a restaurant and heard Selfish Jean. It was very nice :)

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sun 27 Dec, 2009 7:50 PM Quote
My room is not an unlikely place but this movie scene certainly was, to say the least, surprising.

Earlier this afternoon, while I was cleaning my room, I had the TV on, a German film was playing in the background - I had no idea what it was called... Suddenly, before the credits start rolling, I recognise a song. It was Driftwood. As soon as I heard it I went for the remote control and turned the volume up :) All I was able to watch were the characters dancing in the rain, then the screen went black.

I searched for the film online, I'm not sure if it is this one but, according to Google, it appears to be the lucky one: Die Hitzewelle - Keiner kann entkommen (??) I can bearly understand the plot in German. I think it deals with global warming, there are not enough water resources during one of the country's hottest winters, or something along those lines...

I guess the movie is not that great, though it proved successful in putting a smile on my face :D

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 28 Dec, 2009 1:54 AM Quote
My neighbours were listening "Side" at a party on their terrace... why was unlikely? because they were listening salsa and many other latin rythms all day long! ...oh! it made my day :)

tracymac1969
tracymac1969 Posted Wed 30 Dec, 2009 3:46 AM Quote
Cranked the radio up in my office today when I heard Side start to play, no-one interupted it either......Chuffed :)

tracymac1969
tracymac1969 Posted Sat 09 Jan, 2010 12:02 AM Quote
Oh my god!
Went into work last night and 'song to self' was playing!

Hey Kristy, you never know, Closer may just make it one time! That would be great, would love to grab the mike and sing along on the pager!

My boss probably would'nt mind though, not like Ben Stiller in the real video!

Mmusse
Mmusse Posted Fri 29 Jan, 2010 4:37 PM Quote
I was at a shopping centre with my mom earlier today when Song To Self came on! :D I couldn't help shouting something like "omg it's Travis!!" and everyone looked at me like I was crazy including my mom :p And then I came to her house and my younger sister was watching a childrens programme when they played 5 seconds of Sing! I almost couldn't believe it. I never hear Travis in public places or tv/radio but then suddenly two songs in one day ;D

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:08 PM