Travis

Travis Song's in Unlikely Places
emilyf47
emilyf47 Posted Thu 03 Dec, 2009 5:51 AM Quote
I'd like to hear unlikely places you heard Travis song's...

Here are some of my experiences-

Last night I was watching a re-run of Grey's Anatomy and the ending they played the entire song "Love Will Come Thru". It was the episode with Meredith's snoring! :-)

Also, while waiting to catch my flight home 'Side' played through the C terminal at McCarran Airport in Las Vegas!:-)

Re: Travis Song's in Unlikely Places
melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Thu 03 Dec, 2009 5:58 AM Quote
I heard "Love Will Come Through" in two unlikely places. I used to work at the Hampton Inn in my small town where I am from and was on my usual "hating being there" and that song came on. It made me all warm and fuzzy lol. The second was over the summer with my neices at Sonic. You know the resturant where you can eat in your car?!! It was very bizarre! I believe I have heard them in Wal-mart before... I think it may have been the same song. My sister told me to watch this movie called "Saved" which oddly enough has Mandy Moore in it so I did. She told me I would enjoy the ending and there it was "Flowers in the Window." The entire song. Bliss. I also think they play a song in that Britney Spears movie... Sorry I am rambling... It is late and I just got off work lol...

emilyf47
emilyf47 Posted Thu 03 Dec, 2009 6:18 AM Quote
Your right~! I remember Flower's in the Window on Saved. That was on not to long ago on Lifetime I think! :-). I heard them in Target parkinglot and at Gordon Biersch on my lunch 2 times...

silvella
silvella Posted Thu 03 Dec, 2009 1:52 PM Quote
Yes, yesterday evening on TV: on a debt advisor broadcast they played "Writing to reach you". OMG, this tv show is such a trash, who publishes his money problems on tv - optional?? They couldn't pay me enough for doing this!!! I really don't want to hear one of my fav songs there!

scottishnicholl
scottishnicholl Posted Thu 03 Dec, 2009 3:31 PM Quote
I often hear Travis songs getting played in Shopko stores out here in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin. No one I know personally has heard of the band, but when we're shopping there, I refuse to be ready to leave until I've heard the song all the way through. It's just such a rare treat for me out here in Nowheresville... and I guess it can't hurt the store either because if they make me happy, I might be more inclined to shop some more! ;o)

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Tue 08 Dec, 2009 3:38 AM Quote
I heard "One night" in H&M shop, in Bonn... was pretty nice, and also i recorded it

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 08 Dec, 2009 5:38 AM Quote

Weirdest place where I heard a Travis song:
Sing, while sitting in a surveillance room with dozens of screens, with a policewoman, drinking mate, in a state building.

Last February I went to the Public Income Federal Administration (this is a literal translation of the name of the place), and the woman I had to meet was in charge of the surveillance area (she works for the police).
So I had to go through thorough security messures just to get in. I had to collect some money for my co-worker and I thought I was supposed to get the money and leave, but this woman took me to the surveillance room with all the walls covered with monitors. And she offered me a mate (an argentinian infusion), and they were listening to Sing.

It was so weird!

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 08 Dec, 2009 4:04 PM Quote

Just a few minutes ago: Love will come through in a toystore - where they usually play xmas songs at this time of the year. Weird but cool.

kdough20
kdough20 Posted Wed 09 Dec, 2009 12:15 AM Quote
I heard their cover of "River" the other day at work (crappy convenience store). While I was thrilled to hear Travis, I really can't stand that song. Nothing to do with their version as I think it's one of the best ones, but I find the song to be rather boring and slow.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 09 Dec, 2009 2:58 PM Quote
kdough20 wrote:
I heard their cover of "River" the other day at work (crappy convenience store). While I was thrilled to hear Travis, I really can't stand that song. Nothing to do with their version as I think it's one of the best ones, but I find the song to be rather boring and slow.

What?! River has to be one of my favourite b-sides ever, and I don't even normally go for covers.

kdough20
kdough20 Posted Wed 09 Dec, 2009 3:39 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:

What?! River has to be one of my favourite b-sides ever, and I don't even normally go for covers.

To each his own. :)

tracymac1969
tracymac1969 Posted Wed 09 Dec, 2009 7:39 PM Quote
I hear WDIAROM on my store's (SOBEYS) radio station, i beleive it comes through Chum FM. I work in a grocery store and whenever i hear it, i stop what i'm doing and say 'that's my boys'! People look at me as if i'm crazy and i tell them to listen!

silvella
silvella Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 9:17 AM Quote
tracymac1969 wrote:
I hear WDIAROM on my store's (SOBEYS) radio station, i beleive it comes through Chum FM. I work in a grocery store and whenever i hear it, i stop what i'm doing and say 'that's my boys'! People look at me as if i'm crazy and i tell them to listen!

LOL! I know exacly what you mean! Sometimes I make myself the fun by telling: "Oh, my lovely fav band, they are sooo great, and I met them..." and so on, just to see peoples's confused faces. You can read in their face: a) "Who the f*** is Travis?" and b) "This woman is not from this planet!"

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 9:14 PM Quote
tracymac1969 wrote:

Chum FM plays Travis??!!
The only station ive heard Travis on in recent memory is a Hamilton College station, and last week on CBC radio.

If Closer comes on, please be sure to do something grocery store related. And if I come visit you at Sobeys, can you let me steal a steak or something?

o_unico
o_unico Posted Fri 11 Dec, 2009 10:27 PM Quote
melissam3173 wrote:
I heard "Love Will Come Through" in two unlikely places. I used to work at the Hampton Inn in my small town where I am from and was on my usual "hating being there" and that song came on. It made me all warm and fuzzy lol. The second was over the summer with my neices at Sonic. You know the resturant where you can eat in your car?!! It was very bizarre! I believe I have heard them in Wal-mart before... I think it may have been the same song. My sister told me to watch this movie called "Saved" which oddly enough has Mandy Moore in it so I did. She told me I would enjoy the ending and there it was "Flowers in the Window." The entire song. Bliss. I also think they play a song in that Britney Spears movie... Sorry I am rambling... It is late and I just got off work lol...

In the Britney Film it plays in a scene where she and her friends are in car, turn on the radio and then "Follow the light" starts to play; I remember she saying something like "I love this song". I thought she has done this after see Travis perfoming "baby one more time".
I usually heard Travis in the bus, In a radio which plays classic (80's,90's, and 2000's) music. I think this kind of music relax the Bus Drivers.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:00 AM