Travis

what you think while u hearing a Travis song...
Luis
Luis Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 4:34 AM Quote
I love music, I think it teleports you to another part, other dimension, sometimes when I am hearing a song many thoughts runs in my mind. For example, during my trip in Europe, it was amazing cause some of songs in the new Travis album was describing what I was feeling in that moment or it was somehow related to it.

3 Times and you lose: when I hear that song, I dont know why but the remember of being in those GREAT and BIG cities alone with no1 I know.
"I had a nightmare, I lived in a little town": of course I live in a little town !! small country, everything in Europe is so big. The song keeps its way(with the chorus and all) I find myself walking through all the streets, walking, walking oh god, I did walk like insane, I saw a lot of things that I would miss if I take the tube or the bus... Well that song was with me in those moments ("I am throwing all AWAY", just following my dreams, I felt so alive)

Closer: It was amazing cause that explain the reason of my trip, it was to be closer.
Closer to the places Ive always dreamed to be, closer to the band I love, closer to some people Ive only known by internet before.

Big Chair: I study in San Jose (capital of Costa Rica) and its like about 1.5h from my home, so I know what its like to get a bus almost every day, and then take another one to comeback. This song makes me remember those moments "we dont know where we going on this big chair", its like the life itself, in Europe I remember to get on a LOT of trains and I wasnt really sure about what kind of place it will take me, what kind of people, where am I going to spend the night there ?!

My Eyes: This is a very special song for me, makes me remenber the day I arrived to Glasgow, the ariport was a bit far from the city, but I found many kind people that told me what I needed to do. "welcome in, welcome in, Shame about the Weather. Welcome in, welcome in, You r welcome" That represent the human part of the cities, people were so kind at me, Hanne and Ursina they gave me the first welcome to glasgow, thank you so much; after that a lot of awesome people said welcome as well. The weather was cold but the people was very warm, it was a great lesson.
I remenber Andy, Dougie and Neil telling me: welcome to Glasgow, and then Fran welcome me in the middle of the concert. Every new place had a new welcome for me, thanks to God and people.

New Amsterdam: I love this song, the first time I heard it I was in Amsterdam, will never forget that. "and we meet, on Bleeker Street, or the park that is central". When I hear that I start watching all the places I went in amsterdam, all the streets, people I met and the small and beautiful ships in the city

What about you? what comes to you mind when u hear some Travis song?

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:54 PM