Travis

Tabloids (a Media Rant!!)
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 23 Nov, 2009 8:26 AM Quote

First of all if you are living Stateside you probably haven't heard of these two insignificant fucking wankbags.

There is widespread flooding in Ireland, people have been evacuated, there are landslides, rivers have burst their banks, insurance claims are going to go through the roof, the Taoiseach is visiting the areas.

And what's the front page of The Star, Mirror & Sun. Fucking the two talentless wanks (already being hailed as the new Ant & Dec, as if we need another set of those fuckpigs) who are JEDWARD get voted off the abomination that is the X Factor, which happens to be on three bastard channels on the TV all fucking weekend. Watch it on Saturday evening, watch reaction to it later on Saturday night, then you can watch the repeat on a Sunday morning, then the fucking "sing off" or whatever pish it's called on Sunday evening, then of course the reaction on a Sunday night.

Seriously I would not stop kicking Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh with hobnailed boots until my feet bled for encouraging these wastes of skin.

Reality TV is killing decent programming and the fuckwitted populous is lapping it up. When was the last time you seen a decent (and I mean decent, not something that just seemed decent compared to the shite were being spoon fed) Documentary or Drama.

Dubz

Re: Tabloids (a Media Rant!!)
mili
mili Posted Mon 23 Nov, 2009 10:20 AM Quote
That's tabloids for you. You'd think the floods being more important than Jedward! I'm actually a bit upset and embarrassed that I even know about them, but they're all over British media, which I follow a bit, so you can't avoid them.

As for drama, the last interesting one I saw on Finnish tv was an ITV production called My Boy Jack, about Rudyard Kipling and his son, who was killed in the WWI. David Haig played the father and Daniel Radcliffe the son.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 23 Nov, 2009 9:17 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Reality TV is killing decent programming and the fuckwitted populous is lapping it up. When was the last time you seen a decent (and I mean decent, not something that just seemed decent compared to the shite were being spoon fed) Documentary or Drama.

Dubz

agreed...sorry to hear about the flooding man!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 12 Jul, 2010 11:03 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

agreed...sorry to hear about the flooding man!

Just watched an excellent documentary on Concorde on Channel 4 commissioned by them and The Discovery Channel, which means they are still making good programmes, so why in the name of Jaysus H. Christ on a Fucking Bike do they follow it with the utter shit that is Big Brother, it's a crappy idea that was loosely based on a social experiment that was then used for entertainment purposes which has now become so fucking stale. seriously why do people have to milk shit to death. It was shit to start with it's mutton dressed as lizard.

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 12 Jul, 2010 11:11 PM Quote
Sadly I have heard of Jedward. But I cannot believe they are still in the news. They were so horrifically bad (I had to watch a clip just to see what the fuss was about) that I presumed their 15 minutes were up ages ago.

Sorry to hear you're still suffering.

And yes, sadly, tabloids aren't really known for having their priorities straight.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 12 Jul, 2010 11:43 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Sadly I have heard of Jedward. But I cannot believe they are still in the news. They were so horrifically bad (I had to watch a clip just to see what the fuss was about) that I presumed their 15 minutes were up ages ago.

Sorry to hear you're still suffering.

And yes, sadly, tabloids aren't really known for having their priorities straight.

Yup, One of the twats was leaping about on some stage recently, fell, hurt himself and had to be taken to hospital (it's nothing trivial I hope) but of course this is all "news" also this letter in today's paper (I really need to stop reading that rag but they give them away free in the pub). they are a pair of talentless non entities. Who originally only appealled to kids unfortunately the line between kids and adults has become burred in modern society.

Nikki get your arse over to Dublin and sort out some proper reporting for us!!

Dubz

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 13 Jul, 2010 1:24 AM Quote
Ha ha that letter is great. Maybe they can work some 3-leggedness into their act. Like that old picnic game where you tie your ankle to another persons' and race.

Do they still have that weird Vanilla Ice hair?

They sing *really* poorly.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 20 Jul, 2010 11:53 PM Quote
Realized today that those twins' nickname reminds of the Sponge Bob character Squidward

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQiOYx4dIH8mgPMk_vZcZ9XZAvJN8qXbHOAgqik7P-5pKcQ9g&t=1&usg=__Lch_MLVIyzpFTqjxJEbzDRPaIG0=

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 21 Jul, 2010 7:34 AM Quote
I finally watched a youtube clip of these idiots and I have one word: YIKES!

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Wed 21 Jul, 2010 7:07 PM Quote
Agree with hennypenny, thats definately scary! lol

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 8:09 PM