Travis

Destroy Rankin: Exhibition/eBay Auction
Travis Web Team
Travis Web Team Posted Tue 17 Nov, 2009 4:12 PM Quote
Fran is just one of the musicians who have created an artwork based on Rankin’s iconic portraits, which are now on sale on eBay until Saturday 21st November.

For Youth Music’s 10th Anniversary musicians photographed by Rankin were asked to create an original piece of artwork based on one of his iconic portraits.

Two years in the making, the Destroy Rankin project involves over 70 musicians and visual artist including Fran, Alex James, Sophie Ellis-Bexter, The Hours, Tricky, Natasha Bedingfield, Florence and the Machine, Carl Barat, Andre 3000 and many others.Asked to ‘destroy’ the photographs, the artists have a created a portfolio of deeply personal reflections on their images, with submissions ranging from paintings and drawings to video and collage making up a unique body of collaborative art.

The work will be on show at Phillips De Pury London, for free, between 9th - 21st November 2009. Collectors can bid online for the framed work until 6.01pm on Saturday the 21st November.

The eBay auction will raise money for Youth Music, the UK’s largest music charity for young people. For further details visit:

www.youthmusic.org.uk/rankin

Re: Destroy Rankin: Exhibition/eBay Auction
deebee
deebee Posted Tue 17 Nov, 2009 4:57 PM Quote
Ummm interesting what you can do with gold leaf!! I hope the auction raises alot of money. Unfortunately I don't have enough pennies to bid for Fran's picture myself. I hope it meets its reserve price :-)

tracymac1969
tracymac1969 Posted Tue 17 Nov, 2009 5:49 PM Quote
Yeh, i'm with debee, love it but can;t afford it right now....good luck with the fundraising though:)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 17 Nov, 2009 5:58 PM Quote
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330372603203

joss
joss Posted Fri 20 Nov, 2009 3:17 PM Quote

hmmm, that's art!:) great

joss
joss Posted Fri 20 Nov, 2009 3:27 PM Quote
“I’ve wanted to use gold leaf for ages… I like that it is reflective. I also wanted to describe how I felt when I looked at the original. Reflective. And ‘gold’ rhymes with ‘old’…”

FRAN HEALY

:D

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Fri 20 Nov, 2009 10:43 PM Quote
I'd love to have it, but I can't afford it either :(

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 25 Nov, 2009 12:05 AM Quote
Anyone notice they spelled his name Healey?

Must be another member of Treivis.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:29 AM