Travis

Jeff Buckley
joss
joss Posted Sat 07 Nov, 2009 10:35 AM Quote
I like this singer too. He has an original and very beautiful voice, his songs are sad and better than original, especially Hallelujah, I think that's better than Leonard Cohen. But this amarican genius died 12 years ago. Sad story with sadder end: On the evening of May 29, 1997, Buckley's band flew in intending to join him in his Memphis studio to work on the newly written material. That same evening, Buckley went swimming in Wolf River Harbor, a slackwater channel of the Mississippi River, while wearing boots, all of his clothing, and singing the chorus of the song "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin.Jeff had gone swimming there several times before.A roadie of Buckley's band, Keith Foti, remained ashore. After moving a radio and guitar out of reach of the wake from a passing tugboat, Foti looked up to see that Buckley had vanished. Despite a determined rescue effort that night, Buckley remained missing. On June 4, his body was spotted by a tourist on a riverboat and was brought ashore.

The autopsy to clarify the cause of Buckley's death confirmed Buckley had taken no illegal drugs before his swim and a drug overdose was therefore ruled out as cause of death. In order to clarify the situation of his death, this statement was released from the Buckley estate:

Jeff Buckley's death was not "mysterious," related to drugs, alcohol, or suicide. We have a police report, a medical examiner's report, and an eye witness to prove that it was an accidental drowning, and that Mr. Buckley was in a good frame of mind prior to the accident.

Look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKnxmkOAj88
That's all.

http://stevesongoftheday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/jeff_buckley.jpg

Re: Jeff Buckley
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 07 Nov, 2009 5:29 PM Quote
first of all his cover is actually a cover of the John Cale version. And secondly anyone who goes swimming in a River after being told it's highly dangerous is a fuckin moron.

gingy
gingy Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 2:25 PM Quote
Perhaps you'd wanna check out Patrick Watson. I find his voice to be hauntingly similar to Jeff's. In fact, he gives me a feeling he's channeling Jeff.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 2:53 PM Quote
i gotta admit i like his cover of kangaroo

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:32 PM