Travis

Minneapolis show - idiot in the audience
rwhaack
rwhaack Posted Tue 27 Oct, 2009 5:58 PM Quote
At Sunday's show in Minneapolis, there was one idiot in the audience who yelled something (not worth repeating here) at Fran during what would have been one of those great, only-can-happen-live kind of moments as Fran lost his place during "Driftwood". Fran, Andy, and I think the rest of the audience were a bit stunned and the fact that the guy wasn't thrown out kind of cast a weird vibe on the rest of the night.
Fran, Andy: On behalf of the 1000s of other fans in the Minneapolis area, and particularly the 100s who were at the show on Sunday who loved it, please don't let this a-hole leave a bad impression for you. We can't wait for you to come back and to hear more of the new songs!!!

Re: Minneapolis show - idiot in the audience
Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Tue 27 Oct, 2009 7:24 PM Quote
I wasn't at this show, but judging from Fran's Twitter comment, I'd say that it's safe to say he knows there was just a drunk idiot in the audience and it wasn't meant to reflect poorly on Minneapolis. I think the "wrath of the room" probably reflected all of the Fran and Andy love that was there that night.

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Tue 27 Oct, 2009 9:56 PM Quote
^agreed.

i hate when sth like this happens, tho :/
i went to see emiliana torrini a few weeks ago. it was at a festival and she was on at midnight. her music is mostly really calm - and the fact that 1/3 of the audience was drunk by that time totally spoiled it for me...

Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Tue 27 Oct, 2009 10:05 PM Quote
Sarah- wrote:
^agreed.

i hate when sth like this happens, tho :/
i went to see emiliana torrini a few weeks ago. it was at a festival and she was on at midnight. her music is mostly really calm - and the fact that 1/3 of the audience was drunk by that time totally spoiled it for me...

The first Travis concert I ever had the pleasure of attending opened with Emiliana Torrini. :)

rwhaack
rwhaack Posted Wed 28 Oct, 2009 12:05 AM Quote
I'm glad to hear it (Haven't seen the Twitter comment)! I was embarrassed to be a part of the same audience.

BeatleGirl11
BeatleGirl11 Posted Wed 28 Oct, 2009 6:02 AM Quote
Some people just arent happy if they arent ruining someone's time! What a moron. If you don't mind me asking-what did he say?

Fran
Fran Posted Wed 28 Oct, 2009 7:46 AM Quote
The reason why I stopped in the middle of Driftwood is because the same person shouted out just before that song started and it began to rool around in my head until I lost my place. SO it was doubly annoying when he shouted out when I'd stopped. He had drank too much though and I think left not long after this. We love minneapolis and will always come back... thanks for saying though...

Nell
Nell Posted Wed 28 Oct, 2009 10:05 AM Quote

well glad you can deal with morons like that. I'd be thrown out ot the concept and reaaallly annoyed

rwhaack
rwhaack Posted Wed 28 Oct, 2009 1:14 PM Quote
Ahhhhh.... I didn't even catch the first shout. In any case, "Monkeys" was the absolute perfect response. It probably bugged me more than it should have since I was in the balcony behind a speaker so couldn't really see the stage but had a clear look at this guy in the audience.

Awesome show all around! Very cool way to hear and get to know the songs in a whole new light. Magic stuff! Looking forward to the next go 'round!

Fran wrote:
The reason why I stopped in the middle of Driftwood is because the same person shouted out just before that song started and it began to rool around in my head until I lost my place. SO it was doubly annoying when he shouted out when I'd stopped. He had drank too much though and I think left not long after this. We love minneapolis and will always come back... thanks for saying though...

Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Wed 28 Oct, 2009 3:43 PM Quote
rwhaack wrote:
I'm glad to hear it (Haven't seen the Twitter comment)! I was embarrassed to be a part of the same audience.

I felt that same "shame by audience association" with the April '09 Chicago gig @ the Vic. There were some rather crude comments screamed during an endearing marriage proposal. I guess there's bound to be one of those people in a crowd from time to time.

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Wed 28 Oct, 2009 4:03 PM Quote
Fran wrote:

Why is there always one idiot that seems to bloody spoil it for everyone else?? It's a shame that some people can't have more respect for everyone else's experience.
I went to see the guys play in my home town last year and some thug decided to throw a can of beer at Dougie....I was so shocked as it nearly pelted me on the head before it reached him. It kind of put a dampner on the evening for me.

Glad the heckler didn't ruin the evening, hope all is well with you Franny and you find your way back to the UK soon x

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 28 Oct, 2009 6:31 PM Quote
Cynthia wrote:
rwhaack wrote:

I felt that same "shame by audience association" with the April '09 Chicago gig @ the Vic. There were some rather crude comments screamed during an endearing marriage proposal. I guess there's bound to be one of those people in a crowd from time to time.

There are always going to be toolbags at concerts. No point in letting them ruin your experience.

The comments during the proposal were so rude but it didn't ruin it for the happy couple. (you know that was a boardie, right?)

Cynthia
Cynthia Posted Wed 28 Oct, 2009 6:52 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Cynthia wrote:
rwhaack wrote:

There are always going to be toolbags at concerts. No point in letting them ruin your experience.

The comments during the proposal were so rude but it didn't ruin it for the happy couple. (you know that was a boardie, right?)

Yes, Samuri Sandy if I'm not mistaken? :)

kdough20
kdough20 Posted Wed 28 Oct, 2009 8:30 PM Quote
I was seriously about to yell at that guy but didnt want to piss Fran or Andy off. But Fran handled it perfectly for the rest of us. He did leave shortly after and then his friend left a little bit later. I am guessing that maybe they didn't want to hear the talking and just wanted to hear the songs. I was hoping Fran that you didn't hear him in the beginning when he yelled "just play it already"

Oh well, I am sure he felt like a douche after.

eliza
eliza Posted Thu 29 Oct, 2009 12:26 AM Quote
kdough20 wrote:

Oh well, I am sure he felt like a douche after.

but he IS a d-bag.

my friends told me about the shout before driftwood, i didnt/couldnt hear it then. fran handled the situation very well.

the dude can probably never show his face in the mn shows circuit.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:22 AM