Travis

Re: BNP (British National Party) on Newsnight
Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 5:34 PM Quote
A few thoughts from me:

The Holocaust: It is interesting that the German government has made it illegal to deny it happened. It is also interesting that Scottish Dubliner queried the accuracy of the numbers, and yet the German government/ education system/ society teach that 6 million Jews (not to mention many other minority groups) were murdered by Hitler. Why on earth would the country that was responsible for these atrocities be openly using this figure if there were no foundation in truth?

Again, to Dubz, I would be interested to hear the BNP policy on education in this country please. You're right, we didn't get to hear it on the programme. However, we didn't get to hear any of Griffin's policies, only his opinions. It's very easy for any politician to say they want to improve the education system. Standard fare, even! Name one that doesn't!

Kristy: you said you agreed with the BNP policy on immigration, using your friend's mum as the reason. Does your friend know how you feel?

And really, all Nick Griffin had to do on the topic of immigration was say that he'd do something about the present government's relaxed attitude. But so did the Conservative representative on the panel. She was way more eloquent on how her party will deal with it.

Also to Kristy, you said you related to some of the BNP's policies. What are their policies on Immigration, as you understand them (cos I don't!!!)and which others do you subscribe to, out of interest?

Kristy, one more question, you didn't feel it relevant to comment on the Holocaust denial, because it wasn't part of your reason for posting. But I'd be interested to learn your take on it please.

It came across to me that what the BNP has done to gain votes from the disaffected apolitcal voters, is to push their worry buttons. Then once they have the seat, they impose their dangerous, hatred-based, extremist views.

To those who were concerned that Nick Griffin wasn't allowed to have his say, be it on immigration or any other topic, I actually disagree. He simply wasted his opportunity.

And to those who weren't happy with David Dimbleby's stance, well, how are you supposed to react to a party leader who is so out of his comfort zone that he can't control his nervous giggle? Is he fit to lead a political party, let alone an entire country?

Big up to Bonnie Greer. She had no political axe to grind, just a succint mode of expressing herself that was admirable. Her post Ice age speech, implying that we all, including Nick Griffin himself, might be of African descent was poetry. I wish the camera had panned to his face at that moment.

And finally the audience. The heartfelt disbelief of the orthodox Jewish boy who simply couldn't believe that anyone could deny the Holocaust. The lesbian who expressed mutual repulsion for Griffin, and the black man whose family has, unknown to Griffin, contributed plenty to society since migrating here generations ago. All were worthy contributors to this historical television broadcast.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 5:45 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Coloureds?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WTF?!

Ok you tell me what the fucking correct term is these fucking days, you can't say black, they're definately not African-Americans, btw I'm not being funny, please let me know ??

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 5:52 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
A few thoughts from me:

The Holocaust: It is interesting that the German government has made it illegal to deny it happened. It is also interesting that Scottish Dubliner queried the accuracy of the numbers, and yet the German government/ education system/ society teach that 6 million Jews (not to mention many other minority groups) were murdered by Hitler. Why on earth would the country that was responsible for these atrocities be openly using this figure if there were no foundation in truth? I don't know. but all I'm asking is whomever came up with this number did they have an "axe to grind" this could include the German Government

Again, to Dubz, I would be interested to hear the BNP policy on education in this country please. You're right, we didn't get to hear it on the programme. However, we didn't get to hear any of Griffin's policies, only his opinions. It's very easy for any politician to say they want to improve the education system. Standard fare, even! Name one that doesn't! again very true, every government makes promises that they can't keep or more usually conviently forget them once they are in power

It came across to me that what the BNP has done to gain votes from the disaffected apolitcal voters, is to push their worry buttons. Then once they have the seat, they impose their dangerous, hatred-based, extremist views. What and the Torieas and Labour don't do exactly the same thing Scaremongering is wrong but unfortunately part and parcel of modern spin and politics

To those who were concerned that Nick Griffin wasn't allowed to have his say, be it on immigration or any other topic, I actually disagree. He simply wasted his opportunity. You cannot waste an opportunity if an opportunity is not given, he was in my opinion unfairly treated, perhaps rightly so but he wasn't given a "fair trial"

Big up to Bonnie Greer. She had no political axe to grind, just a succint mode of expressing herself that was admirable. Her post Ice age speech, implying that we all, including Nick Griffin himself, might be of African descent was poetry. I wish the camera had panned to his face at that moment.

And finally the audience. The heartfelt disbelief of the orthodox Jewish boy who simply couldn't believe that anyone could deny the Holocaust. The lesbian who expressed mutual repulsion for Griffin, and the black man whose family has, unknown to Griffin, contributed plenty to society since migrating here generations ago. All were worthy contributors to this historical television broadcast.

Again only playing devil's advocate but you may be interested to read THIS, now first of all it's inj the Daily Mail so it should be taken with a pinch of salt, but if the stuff is true about selection of audience, booing and provactive questioning are the BBC not just as guilty as Griffin ??

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 6:26 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Tonie wrote:
A few thoughts from me:

The Holocaust: It is interesting that the German government has made it illegal to deny it happened. It is also interesting that Scottish Dubliner queried the accuracy of the numbers, and yet the German government/ education system/ society teach that 6 million Jews (not to mention many other minority groups) were murdered by Hitler. Why on earth would the country that was responsible for these atrocities be openly using this figure if there were no foundation in truth? I don't know. but all I'm asking is whomever came up with this number did they have an "axe to grind" this could include the German Government

Again, to Dubz, I would be interested to hear the BNP policy on education in this country please. You're right, we didn't get to hear it on the programme. However, we didn't get to hear any of Griffin's policies, only his opinions. It's very easy for any politician to say they want to improve the education system. Standard fare, even! Name one that doesn't! again very true, every government makes promises that they can't keep or more usually conviently forget them once they are in power

It came across to me that what the BNP has done to gain votes from the disaffected apolitcal voters, is to push their worry buttons. Then once they have the seat, they impose their dangerous, hatred-based, extremist views. What and the Torieas and Labour don't do exactly the same thing Scaremongering is wrong but unfortunately part and parcel of modern spin and politics

To those who were concerned that Nick Griffin wasn't allowed to have his say, be it on immigration or any other topic, I actually disagree. He simply wasted his opportunity. You cannot waste an opportunity if an opportunity is not given, he was in my opinion unfairly treated, perhaps rightly so but he wasn't given a "fair trial"

Again only playing devil's advocate but you may be interested to read THIS, now first of all it's inj the Daily Mail so it should be taken with a pinch of salt, but if the stuff is true about selection of audience, booing and provactive questioning are the BBC not just as guilty as Griffin ??

Dubz

My husband, who follows British news more than me, said that he heard that Griffin was invited to the programme to talk about current affairs, which were never approached. So did BBC have some different motivation in it?

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 6:34 PM Quote
http://student.bnp.org.uk/2008/10/education-for-a-british-future-the-bnp-education-policy/

BNP Education policy.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 6:37 PM Quote

Fuck me!! and I've only read the first wee bit, these guys are fucking nuts !!!!!

Having read the whole thing I'm not too sure of the use of words like "re-education" and "re-training" all sounds a bit George Orwell to me, however, I have to agree with some of the ideas behind these extremist policies. I do think that the UK education system is serious lacking and competitiveness in sport should be re-introduced, people should be encouraged to "be all you can be" whether it be sport or learning, children's education is suffering at the moment because they want to make sure "no one gets left behind" which is all very well but all people are different, some learn quicker than others, which even causes frustration when they get bored, so it's not the kids who are a bit slow on the uptake getting frustrated now it's the learners as they are not allowed to keep pushing. That said I would try to find a middle ground between the two as oppossed to this, quite frankly,neo-nazi stance

Dubz

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 6:58 PM Quote
"5. We will replace the study of world history and cultures with a predominant
emphasis on the history of the British Isles, English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish
culture, and their relation to Western Civilization as a whole. We will prohibit all
curricular pandering to the cultures of immigrants."

I think,particularly the last sentence,sums the whole purpose up :)

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 7:02 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:
emphasis on the history of the British Isles, English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish
culture, and their relation to Western Civilization as a whole. We will prohibit all

Why shouldn't a country put its own culture and identity first in its education policy?

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 7:09 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

You know anything is possible, in terms of the selection process, and I couldn't possibly comment with authority about the truth or otherwise of the article. But Britain is a multi cultural society, and to allow a cross section of ethnic communities into the audience seems to make sense. The quietest spoken folks that night were the ones who, on appearances, were not of a minority movement or race. Wonder why they didn't say anything?

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 7:10 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
travisturkey wrote:

Why shouldn't a country put its own culture and identity first in its education policy?

No,it's quite fair.. The problem is prohibiting "all" curricular related with the "cultures of immigrants". I think in every country (even in a country like Turkey which is not more liberal than Europe probably),you have schools with curricular containing "immigrant" cultures..

Tonie
Tonie Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 7:13 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:
travisturkey wrote:

No,it's quite fair.. The problem is prohibiting "all" curricular related with the "cultures of immigrants". I think in every country (even in a country like Turkey which is not more liberal than Europe probably),you have schools with curricular containing "immigrant" cultures..

Crikey!!! ^^^^^What Travis Turkey said...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 7:14 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:

see I do think you should focus on your own history but as you say not at the expense of other cultural history, I mean let's face the UK is one of the biggest bastardized nations ever, The Romans, The Vikings, The Normans, The Angles, all have their influences.

Dubz

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 7:18 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:
travisturkey wrote:

They do have a point in what they are saying . To prohibit completely however, is an extreme knee jerk reaction
Education of such things in this country do seem to put our culture and past in the background , compared to the teaching of other cultures and i don't believe that should be the case.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 7:21 PM Quote
Tonie wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

You know anything is possible, in terms of the selection process, and I couldn't possibly comment with authority about the truth or otherwise of the article. But Britain is a multi cultural society, and to allow a cross section of ethnic communities into the audience seems to make sense. The quietest spoken folks that night were the ones who, on appearances, were not of a minority movement or race. Wonder why they didn't say anything?

Allowing a cross section in. and making an audience up from mostly ethnic communities are two very different things, Maybe the "quiet ones" didn't say anything for fear of being accussed of racism or hatred or homophobia.

btw I fucking hate that word Homophobia implies that you are afraid, as in arachnaphobia or technophobia, I'm not afraid I just disagree with it and not because I'm afraid I just dion't like it. How dare people insinuate that because I don't agree with their lifestyle that I'm scared of it, It's fucking arrogance of the highest order !!!

Dubz

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 7:33 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Tonie wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Dubz

Allowing a cross section in. and making an audience up from mostly ethnic communities are two very different things, Maybe the "quiet ones" didn't say anything for fear of being accussed of racism or hatred or homophobia.

btw I fucking hate that word Homophobia implies that you are afraid, as in arachnaphobia or technophobia, I'm not afraid I just disagree with it and not because I'm afraid I just dion't like it. How dare people insinuate that because I don't agree with their lifestyle that I'm scared of it, It's fucking arrogance of the highest order !!!

Dubz

How can you disagree with someone's sexual preference? While especially recent researches reveal that it is more of a genetical disposition. You do not have to like it but you can not oppose it.

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:06 AM