Travis

Re: BNP (British National Party) on Newsnight
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 24 Oct, 2009 8:45 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
So you're suggesting I should be open to the opinions of fascists, in case they have something valuable to tell me?! Who do you think I am? Neville Chamberlain? Has history taught you nothing?!

I'm suggesting you should be open to the opinions of everyone, you don't have to agree with them, in fact you can be dead set against them, but you should be open to them.

So every single policy that the BNP stand for is wrong ?? Including the improvement of the education system ??

Who do I think you are ? I think you're an intelligent man hence my surprise that you are so vehemently opposed to even listening to these people.

Dubz

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 12:19 AM Quote
Kristy wrote:
Moray wrote:
For those not in the know, the BNP is, as far as I can tell, a poliitical party built around a fundamentally racist ideology. Who are frighteningly growing in popularity.

I'm not surprised the BNP are growing in popularity. I live in an area which has a high Muslim population. I'm sick of the politicians trying to get people to 'integrate'. It'll never work out how they want it to, it's a pipe dream. I went to a school which was dominated 60/40 by Muslims and I had no problem 'intigrating', this was simply because I wanted to, I don't judge people by the colour of their skin or their religion. Sadly a lot of people did judge and always will do. If you try and throw people together and say 'you must get along' then people will rebel, it's only natural.
My best friend is Muslim, her family have been her for over 30 years yet her mother has not learnt English. We communicate in broken sentences and it really annoys me because she feels she doesn't need to learn the language - all the information she needs is provided in Urdu by the government and she relies heavily on her children. She has contributed nothing to this society and so yes, for reasons like these I do agree with the BNP on some things. I'm sure if I went to India or Pakistan I would be expected to learn the language and abide by the culture of the country. Why are we such pushovers here?
I felt sorry for Nick Griffin on QT - he was obviously nervous and knew what was going to happen with regards to being shouted down and booed, but he brought that on himself, he wanted the publicity.

Would you take some who thinks "The Holocaust" is a hoax and defends Ku Klux Klan against Islam, serious? I do not think so..

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 12:13 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:
Kristy wrote:
Moray wrote:
For those not in the know, the BNP is, as far as I can tell, a poliitical party built around a fundamentally racist ideology. Who are frighteningly growing in popularity.

I'm not surprised the BNP are growing in popularity. I live in an area which has a high Muslim population. I'm sick of the politicians trying to get people to 'integrate'. It'll never work out how they want it to, it's a pipe dream. I went to a school which was dominated 60/40 by Muslims and I had no problem 'intigrating', this was simply because I wanted to, I don't judge people by the colour of their skin or their religion. Sadly a lot of people did judge and always will do. If you try and throw people together and say 'you must get along' then people will rebel, it's only natural.
My best friend is Muslim, her family have been her for over 30 years yet her mother has not learnt English. We communicate in broken sentences and it really annoys me because she feels she doesn't need to learn the language - all the information she needs is provided in Urdu by the government and she relies heavily on her children. She has contributed nothing to this society and so yes, for reasons like these I do agree with the BNP on some things. I'm sure if I went to India or Pakistan I would be expected to learn the language and abide by the culture of the country. Why are we such pushovers here?
I felt sorry for Nick Griffin on QT - he was obviously nervous and knew what was going to happen with regards to being shouted down and booed, but he brought that on himself, he wanted the publicity.

Would you take some who thinks "The Holocaust" is a hoax and defends Ku Klux Klan against Islam, serious? I do not think so..

I'm pretty sure the BNP have changed their stance on Holocaust denial.

Dubz

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 12:31 PM Quote
How can you change your "view" on something that caused the death of 6 million people,to say the least. It is an unfortunate fact. Probably Mr.Griffin did not want to get into trouble with the European laws? Who knows.. What I know is that, although I am not suggesting that he and his party should be banned or something, he is damaging the Britian's image abroad.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 2:28 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:

I said I agree with the BNP on some things.

I didn't mention the holocaust etc because that had no relation to my comments.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 2:30 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:
he is damaging the Britian's image abroad.

I thought that was done by the idiotic football fans ...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 3:15 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:
How can you change your "view" on something that caused the death of 6 million people,to say the least. It is an unfortunate fact. Probably Mr.Griffin did not want to get into trouble with the European laws? Who knows.. What I know is that, although I am not suggesting that he and his party should be banned or something, he is damaging the Britian's image abroad.

You can change your view by listening to other people, other arguements and perhaps seeing the error of your ways. Have you never said something stupid which you later retracted ??

I change my point of view on things all the time. Whether it's got to do with the death of 6 million people or which fucking breakfast cereal I'm having that morning is immaterial. I'm allowed to change my mind. I may be ridiculed for doing so but that is my decision !!!

Dubz

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 3:29 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
travisturkey wrote:

You can change your view by listening to other people, other arguements and perhaps seeing the error of your ways. Have you never said something stupid which you later retracted ??

I change my point of view on things all the time. Whether it's got to do with the death of 6 million people or which fucking breakfast cereal I'm having that morning is immaterial. I'm allowed to change my mind. I may be ridiculed for doing so but that is my decision !!!

Dubz

You are allowed to change your mind,that's true. This has nothing to do with the freedom of speech or freedom of whatever you call it. However, if you are a politician,someone in the highlight of the media, you can not make a statement like "Muslims are pigs","Holocaust is a hoax" so on so forth. These statements are irrevocable. Nobody but a few would believe your sincerity,if you retract those statements.

I understand where you stand about the freedom of speech and everything. However,do accept the fact that this guy is harasing the fundamentals of your country,which is way too more important than FOS.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 3:37 PM Quote

Just out of interest but correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Nick Griffin democratically elected ?? much the same as that guy in France a while back, he was a mental right winger too but again democratically elected. There have been calls that both of these people should be ousted, why ??

Again, as with my earlier free speech comment, Democracy is only right when it suits some people, the fact of the matter is these people received more votes than their counterparts and therefore reperesent their constituants. If the other voters are too lazy to get up off their fat arses to vote to stop these people from getting elected then that's their tough fucking shit!!

Personally I think Griffin is a bully and a fucking Moron but hey I didn't vote for or against him so it's no skin off my nose. Plus the fact that growing up in Paisley I had to put up with shithead labour councillors/MPs because people are so braindead they thought that labour was a better answer than the tories. You do have other choices you know, the Greens, the Nationalists, the Lib Dems... etc.

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 3:44 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:

You are allowed to change your mind,that's true. This has nothing to do with the freedom of speech or freedom of whatever you call it. However, if you are a politician,someone in the highlight of the media, you can not make a statement like "Muslims are pigs","Holocaust is a hoax" so on so forth. These statements are irrevocable. Nobody but a few would believe your sincerity,if you retract those statements.

I understand where you stand about the freedom of speech and everything. However,do accept the fact that this guy is harasing the fundamentals of your country,which is way too more important than FOS.

These statements are irrevocable. Why ???

Just because you feel so strongly about it does not mean that they are irrevocable.

I question the Holocaust all the time, 6 million is a figure that is banded about constantly do we have proof that this is the figure, No, it's an estimate but an estimate by whom, did whomever was making this estimation have an agenda and increase or decrease their estimation by chosing only the facts they wanted to use ?? I'm not saying that they did but I am not going to just accept it with "blind faith" either.

Dubz

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 3:56 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
travisturkey wrote:

The turkish know all about idiotic football fans.

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 3:59 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Kristy wrote:
travisturkey wrote:

The turkish know all about idiotic football fans.

That's true =)

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 4:06 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

These statements are irrevocable. Why ???

Just because you feel so strongly about it does not mean that they are irrevocable.

I question the Holocaust all the time, 6 million is a figure that is banded about constantly do we have proof that this is the figure, No, it's an estimate but an estimate by whom, did whomever was making this estimation have an agenda and increase or decrease their estimation by chosing only the facts they wanted to use ?? I'm not saying that they did but I am not going to just accept it with "blind faith" either.

Dubz

The catch is,he has no intention of questioning the number of Jewish people died in the Holocaust. He wants to undermine the Jewish people in general, their sorrow and pain. I do not think someone with a law degree is in a position of an academic discussion about "The Holocaust".

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 4:28 PM Quote
travisturkey wrote:

The catch is,he has no intention of questioning the number of Jewish people died in the Holocaust. He wants to undermine the Jewish people in general, their sorrow and pain.

So it was only the Jews that were involved in the Holocaust?? the Eastern Europeans, the Poles, the Russians, the Othrodox Christians, Serbs, Croats, Muslims, Coloureds, etc, etc. or do they not matter because they are not Jewish ???

Dubz
*edit* btw he also studied History as well as Law

Moray
Moray Posted Sun 25 Oct, 2009 5:24 PM Quote
Coloureds?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WTF?!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:01 AM