Travis

Re: No Football : This is torture
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 7:01 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:
paul_c wrote:
My God! That's one feckin big blade someone's got there. No wonder there were riot police! Now you don't see that in Paisley ;)

You don't? Machetes at dawn?

Fred MaCauley tells a great story about Paisley, he says he was reading an article about a guy who was attacked by one of these "Devil" Dogs, Doctors battled to save his legs which would have been lost if it hadn't been for the quick actions of a passer by with a baseball bat who managed to beat the dog off. Only in Paisley would a passer by be carrying a baseball bat, baseball is not a huge sport in Paisley, watching or playing.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 10:38 AM Quote
See this is why you need some Rugby League in your life lol, with results like 5-2..it's almost like a football result!

(Had to be one of the most boring games though!)

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 11:08 AM Quote
Helen *the original* wrote:
See this is why you need some Rugby League in your life lol, with results like 5-2..it's almost like a football result!

hahs but still it is a win, yeah?

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 12:22 PM Quote
I've got rugby league to keep me sane!

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 1:37 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Yep a win is definately a win :-D makes up for last game when we played really well but lost. We're getting closer to getting off the bottom spot now *fingers crossed*

It's not that long til football's back, just keep hanging on lol

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 1:41 PM Quote
the F1 & MotoGP keeps me sane over the summer. Can't stand Rugby. Or cricket. Or golf. Or tennis *shudder*

Does feel weird, especially after Leeds got relegated. Next season's gonna be so different, I'm torn between really looking forward to it and dreading it.

Miss MoTD on Sat night though!!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 1:49 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Yep a win is definately a win :-D makes up for last game when we played really well but lost. We're getting closer to getting off the bottom spot now *fingers crossed*

Yeah had a look at the table earlier 2 teams only 1 point above you and another only 2, It's deffo all to play for...

Good Luck, I'll keep me fingers crossed for ya.

haha Yeah it's only August, guess I'll just need to watch the GAA till then.

Up tha Dubs.

http://www.tomasconcannon.com/sitebuilder/images/Dublin_Crest-154x125.jpg

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 1:52 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Yeah had a look at the table earlier 2 teams only 1 point above you and another only 2, It's deffo all to play for...

Good Luck, I'll keep me fingers crossed for ya.

haha Yeah it's only August, guess I'll just need to watch the GAA till then.

Up tha Dubs.

http://www.tomasconcannon.com/sitebuilder/images/Dublin_Crest-154x125.jpg

Aww cheers for watching out for us. Got a tough game away next week but there are a few win-able games coming up. Shall be keeping my eyes on the other scores today, we need Hull KR and Warrington to lose.

Shall definately be keeping my eye on St. Mirren next season lol

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 2:29 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Andrew wrote:
paul_c wrote:
My God! That's one feckin big blade someone's got there. No wonder there were riot police! Now you don't see that in Paisley ;)

You don't? Machetes at dawn?

Fred MaCauley tells a great story about Paisley, he says he was reading an article about a guy who was attacked by one of these "Devil" Dogs, Doctors battled to save his legs which would have been lost if it hadn't been for the quick actions of a passer by with a baseball bat who managed to beat the dog off. Only in Paisley would a passer by be carrying a baseball bat, baseball is not a huge sport in Paisley, watching or playing.

That's a fair point, lol.

This reminds me of the story of the IRA man in Belfast a number of years ago who nailed his own hand, as he was trying to hammer 9 inchers through an aluminium baseball bat. D'oh!

Luck o the Irish eh...

Euan
Euan Posted Tue 19 Jun, 2007 1:28 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Peewee wrote:
Try wrestling or sumat else instead?

Nah hate that WWF pish, I remember back in the day on a Saturday afternoon You could see Giant Haystacks, Big Daddy, Kendo Nagasaki and Rowdy Roddy Piper all Live from Wigan Town Hall. Haha I must be gettin old

The piper at my work is called Roddy. He's a wee bit rowdy sometimes too.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 12:25 AM