Travis

Re: Last gig you went to and rate it!
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 13 Nov, 2010 6:00 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Ohh, I like the Dum Dum Girls a lot!

mind blown ! I'd see em again for sure . They had total hipster looking boyfriends though

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 16 Nov, 2010 4:48 PM Quote
10/11 - Paul McCartney @ River Plate Stadium.
It was amazing. Seeing Paul live was a dream I had since I was a kid. I'm really not much of a follower of his solo career, so I knew only a few of the songs he played from his work as a solist. Still, like 2/3 of the set were Beatle songs, so it was awesomeeeeeeeeeeee! The show lasted around three hours. I cried like a baby during Let It Be, and sang my lungs out all evening (which is what I usually do at gigs anyway, haha). I was thrilled to hear A Day In The Life, but was really not impressed when he and the band turned it into Give Peace A Chance in the end (wtf?). I find it hard to believe in him when he sings about peace, since we're talking about a man who wrote a pro-war song like Freedom (which he thankfully didn't play).
Anyway, he played brilliant Beatle songs. The surprise of the evening for me was I'm Looking Through You. I just adore that song and didn't see it coming. I loved it. There were a lot of moving moments throughout the show. And once Paul said he had studied Spanish at school when he was 11, and recited a bit of a poem he had learnt: "tres conejos en un árbol tocando el tambor. Que sí. Que no. Que sí, lo he visto yo!". It was very funny. xD
It was definitely a night I'll cherish forever.

15/11 - Belle & Sebatian @ Luna Park.
I had soooooooooo much fun last night!!!! They sound tight live. There were some problems with the sound at the begining, but it was sorted out soon. And they're lovely, so friendly. Stuart said that he, as a good British person, only spoke English. But said they had a smarter keyboardist who spoke a little bit of Spanish... poor guy only knew a few words and couldn't translate anything Stuart said, lol. Stuart said he was shy because he didn't know us yet... if he's shy, what's left for the rest of us! A few people were asked to come onstage (one of them was the sister of a friend of mine from primary school, what the hell?! haha), and Stuart basically ran around the whole venue, all the way to the cheaper seats, haha. Anyway, I had a blast. I think it lasted a bit less than two hours. But it was lovely, I danced and clapped my hands all night.
There was of course the classic moment of demagogy, Stuart and Stevie saying what a great audience we were, that they didn't expect to see so many people... Stuart even said he'd bring his wife, haha. Anyway, I do hope they come back. It was their first and only visit to Argentina, and it was great!!!

Btw, I can't express the over-excitement I have for having experienced two amazing gigs in five days. This doesn't happen that often in Argentina! :oD

mili
mili Posted Fri 19 Nov, 2010 7:13 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Best show of the Year , after a 5 year wait , Scottish legends Teenage Fanclub came back .
Openers the radar bros , from LA , did a very dreamy pysch ,country pop . Never heard em before but I liked em . The main event kicked off with the traditional opener start again playing a set of new songs and a decent mix of songs off the other albums. Songs from 13 were not played , my only very very slight complaint. Band was tight loud and extremly in a good move . The closing numbers were off the top , Raymond playing fantastic guitar breaks .....They're on their way to Seattle , then Portland before heading over to south korea . catch em if you can

Well, they got to Helsinki yesterday. Lovely concert, the same opener, a nice selection of songs (all the ones I wanted to hear!), finished with Everything flows. We heard a Neil Young song (forgot the name), which they said they hadn't played for a while. Didn't sound like it, though!
The venue, Nosturi, was an old industrial building and the no frills approach suited it well.
Openers were a local band, Delay Trees, nice dreamy pop, also suited the evening. I bought their cd from the bassist after the gig.

http://www.delaytrees.com/

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 19 Nov, 2010 1:29 PM Quote
mili wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Best show of the Year , after a 5 year wait , Scottish legends Teenage Fanclub came back .
Openers the radar bros , from LA , did a very dreamy pysch ,country pop . Never heard em before but I liked em . The main event kicked off with the traditional opener start again playing a set of new songs and a decent mix of songs off the other albums. Songs from 13 were not played , my only very very slight complaint. Band was tight loud and extremly in a good move . The closing numbers were off the top , Raymond playing fantastic guitar breaks .....They're on their way to Seattle , then Portland before heading over to south korea . catch em if you can

Well, they got to Helsinki yesterday. Lovely concert, the same opener, a nice selection of songs (all the ones I wanted to hear!), finished with Everything flows. We heard a Neil Young song (forgot the name), which they said they hadn't played for a while. Didn't sound like it, though!
The venue, Nosturi, was an old industrial building and the no frills approach suited it well.
Openers were a local band, Delay Trees, nice dreamy pop, also suited the evening. I bought their cd from the bassist after the gig.

http://www.delaytrees.com/

LUCKY YOU , They played Don't Cry No Tears ...by Neil Young

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 30 Nov, 2010 2:55 PM Quote
Grinderman , Nick Caves' hard to catogorize side project... Dude puts on a awesome show every time

heathen child

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 06 Mar, 2011 3:03 AM Quote
Crystal Castles , kinda a Prodigy for the redbull generation ...bit of the blonde redhead vocals . Although it was a tight energenic show they really didn't acknowledge the auidence , a hand gesture was about it . No speaking to the audience. A very programed show. I can imagine it's the same show throughout the tour .....Sunn opened a OK band that at least tried to respond to the people waitting for the headliners

crystal castles

mili
mili Posted Sun 06 Mar, 2011 2:18 PM Quote
Fran Healy supported by Foley Stewart and Sprained Cookies in Rome.

Straight to number one in my list of concerts. Brilliant evening!
Foley Stewart from New York and Sprained Cookies from Rome are worth checking out.

Pechan
Pechan Posted Mon 07 Mar, 2011 12:26 AM Quote
Panic! at the Disco in Mar del Plata, Argentina

Awesome

mili
mili Posted Wed 06 Apr, 2011 11:34 AM Quote
Mogwai at Tavastia Club, Helsinki 5.4.2011, support RM Hubbert, sold out

RM Hubbert was very skillful acoustic guitar player, nice guy with a dark sense of humour. Very suitable warm up for Mogwai.

As for Mogwai, wow. That must've been the loudest gig I've ever been to. Tavastia is quite small, so the wall of sound and vibrations was like a musical tsunami. I had earplugs, but a girl standing next to me (about fifth "row" from front) didn't. She was holding her ears all the time until she had to give up, I think it was during Auto Rock (encore).

The boys were very quiet, nothing like Fran… It was mainly thank yous, otherwise just hard craft. Some interesting graphics in the background. They played mainly music from the new album, + some of my favourites, including Hunted by a Freak!!

Mogwai is obviously men's band, that's the first time I can remember when the gents' queue was huge but nonexistent for the ladies'.

Enjoyable evening, I had earthquake dreams the following night.

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Wed 06 Apr, 2011 1:17 PM Quote
two weeks ago: Young Rebel Set. I didn't really know the band, but I'd won the tickets so I went to the gig - and it was surprisingly good. Even though they (oh the cliché!) drank all the time and were really drunk by the end of the concert, they did an incredible show. No idea how they do it, maybe it's the North Yorkshire blood or something? ;P They sing in dialect, which can be really annoying on CD (so many bands seem to do that now), but it was alright live.

And yesterday I went to a gig of a Norwegian band, Kaizers Orchestra. This time, a friend had won the tickets and I was curious to see them live (because another friend's been a fan for years now and she said their shows were amaaaazing). It was... interesting. Ahem. Not my cup of tea, but interesting.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 15 Apr, 2011 2:27 PM Quote
pj harvey

No opener , she was about 40 mins past show time to start ...... very cool music , liked it . I like the autoharp .It wasn't a long show . Missed the last 4 songs because I was dragged away to talk by one of the staff .

better clip showing off her hair

PJ

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 17 Apr, 2011 3:11 AM Quote
Los Shimmy Shakers at Amoeba records .....awesome burlesquelike outfit . Rated PG but hella cool .

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 17 Apr, 2011 5:08 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Los Shimmy Shakers at Amoeba records

Hey, I've been there.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 17 Apr, 2011 3:00 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Los Shimmy Shakers at Amoeba records

Hey, I've been there.

did you feel the pull of the records saying , "kayte come back to the fold " ?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 22 Apr, 2011 3:32 PM Quote
This hippiefest

railroad revival tour

Weird tour where the 3 bands , Munford & sons , edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros , old crow medcine show are touring by train and playing in parks near the station . Last night the Port of Oakland was a clusterfuck . No parking people just parked anywhere , middle of the road too . I discovered about 12-15 empty and half full beers on my car, I rode home unknowning there was a open container sitting on my bumper . Awesome probale cause to be pulled over .

Of the 3 I was kinda taken with edwarde sharpe . I was told he was a hippie jam band but to me it was closer to a electic mix , Belle & Sebastianlike with out the twee ,bit o twang with a horn section . Each band play about a hour ....they had a train to catch

Pages Previous 1...5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:39 PM