Travis

Re: Last gig you went to and rate it!
gingy
gingy Posted Sat 20 Mar, 2010 6:25 PM Quote
Placebo 16th March 2010 - KL, Malaysia

AWESOME!!! They played a really tight set to some 2000 screaming fans (that's gotta be one of the smallest gig for Placebo). Loads of stuff from the new album, Battle for the Sun. 10 songs out of the 13 on the album but NONE at all from the first album. A bit sad really cos I was really hoping they'd play some classics like 36 Degrees, Bionic and Teenage Angst.

The crowd was brilliant, singing along to every single song and Brian was really surprised by that. Special K was simply magick! He wasn't very conversational though. I think he only said "Hi, we're Placebo" and that was about it. Ha-ha.

After they've taken the bow, Brian pushed new drummer Steve into the crowd. Steve was very good-natured about it, giving fans the thumbs-up after being rescued by five very strong/huge men. We all had a good laugh.

I would've given 10 out of 10 but had to dock 0.5 for not having Pure Morning on the setlist. Truth is, they've not been playing that for a while because they don't like the song anymore??! Tragic really...

Overall 9.5/10. Will definitely see them again if I had the chance :)

melissam3173
melissam3173 Posted Mon 29 Mar, 2010 5:43 AM Quote
David Gray * March 26 2010 *

10 outta 10 --> Palace Theatre Louisville- It is hard for me to choose a fave concert because I really love each artist I get to see and think of it as such a blessing to experience nights like these. This is one of the most beautiful places I have ever saw a concert in (it is also the 1st place I ever saw a concert in back when I was 12). Kind of looks like a small Italian city on the inside and the ceiling is made to look like the night sky! In the entrance of the building the ceiling is sculptures of people like Mozart, Beethoven, etc. It was the perfect atmosphere for a show and David Gray totally made my night worthwhile. He has these lights behind him that went along with the music and it was just really amazing! And when he sang about snow falling the lights looked light snow behind him, it was really special. The lights went along with the drums, guitar, and when the song would stop/start. I guess I am easily amazed but it was very neat! They were all different beautiful colors and very vibrant. He sang all the goodies and brought the house down with Babylon. A lot of stuff from Draw the Line but also his more well known songs from the older albums. I love his voice and his totally mad piano skills. Meeting his sweet british accent afterwards made it even better! Would recommend seeing him because it was such a great experience. I have a wonderful night with him! x

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 04 Apr, 2010 7:02 AM Quote
MUSE w/ Silversun Pickups - Resistance Tour
Seattle Key Arena - April 2nd

10/10!

What can I say, it was EPIC! The guys rocked, the stage was awesome, and the setlist was great:

Intro
Uprising
Resistance
New Born
Supermassive Blackhole
Hysteria
Guiding Light
United States of Eurasia
Ruled By Secrecy
Feeling Good
Undisclosed Desires
Starlight
Unnatural Selection
Time Is Running Out
Plug In Baby

Encore:

Exogenesis Sym. 1
Stockholm Syndrome
Knights of Cydonia

Highlights for me included giant confetti filled balloons with eyeballs on them being dropped from the top of the arena during Plug In Baby. Also during that song Matt spinning around while playing guitar. When one of the balloons landed on the stage he popped it with his guitar. Another highlight was after Stockholm Syndrome when Matt smashed his guitar into the bass drum. BEST CONCERT EVER!

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Tue 06 Apr, 2010 12:33 AM Quote
Franz Ferdinand.
Lima, Peru
March 30th

10/10
Damn scots! they are absolutely brilliants, we jumped and sang all night long. Alex Kapranos is a great frontman (and he moves his hips very well) and Nick McCarthy has such a great style and unbelievable vitality. They played 20 songs, even did some kinda mix up in "40 ft" with some chicha riffs (typical peruvian music, that was simply amazing!). Scotland rocks.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 06 Apr, 2010 10:24 AM Quote
River City Public in The Pint (not the Point) on Eden Quay.

The Guys were great, venue was... strange.

Dubz

btw I notice a lot of Gigs in here getting 10/10 are these objective views or is it because they are posted when folks are still "buzzing", I went to a few gigs over the last year or so. There's only two of which I would score so highly.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 06 Apr, 2010 12:26 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
River City Public in The Pint (not the Point) on Eden Quay.

The Guys were great, venue was... strange.

Dubz

btw I notice a lot of Gigs in here getting 10/10 are these objective views or is it because they are posted when folks are still "buzzing", I went to a few gigs over the last year or so. There's only two of which I would score so highly.

I am guessing its the buzz thing. But then again if it doesnt give you that then it really has to be rated a zero.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 18 Apr, 2010 2:16 PM Quote
PIL last night , I had to cut out near the end so no idea if they played rise or public image but they definitely played a mix from the back catalog opening with this is not a love song opening . Disappointed , flowers of romance were played for sure too . The guitar player kept switching to a distorted balinaka , however it's spelled and a few other non guitar stringed instruments . Angular , funk and rawk . Lydon was in great spirits ,drinking from a bottle of wine , and very talkative to the crowd , half full venue , and dancin to the beat . Worth hitting on the tour

mili
mili Posted Sun 18 Apr, 2010 6:09 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
PIL last night , I had to cut out near the end so no idea if they played rise or public image but they definitely played a mix from the back catalog opening with this is not a love song opening . Disappointed , flowers of romance were played for sure too . The guitar player kept switching to a distorted balinaka , however it's spelled and a few other non guitar stringed instruments . Angular , funk and rawk . Lydon was in great spirits ,drinking from a bottle of wine , and very talkative to the crowd , half full venue , and dancin to the beat . Worth hitting on the tour

Glad you saw them. Was Malcolm McLaren mentiooned?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 18 Apr, 2010 7:49 PM Quote
mili wrote:

Glad you saw them. Was Malcolm McLaren mentiooned?

nope. i saw em in 84 before . i liked this show better

malmaison
malmaison Posted Wed 21 Apr, 2010 10:14 PM Quote
Muse last night

was an amazing gig, I spent good time with my friends, was so magic, lovely lights, beautiful songs, my perfect moment was when they sang Starlight "I just wanted to hold you in my arms" awww I had beautiful thoughts

9/10
it could be 10/10 if... :-)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 21 May, 2010 1:20 PM Quote
Roky Erickson at the Fillmore

this is my 4th Roky show ...Each one has had a different backing band . Last night was Okkervil river, never listen to them before but that'll change . The opener was some countryish band i never heard of who i didn't care for. lesile and the beavers ..opening lyric , LOS ANGELES , hated em .

Roky was like a guitar army at times with 4 being played at once . okkervil rivers lead was some woman who could really shred . He opened with night of the vampire and was playing songs off the evil one and the new album with okkervil river . The show ended with a heavy version of reverberation. Roky was in fine form but looked a little tired at the end .. It was at the Fillmore, the original one , and his first time there since 66. One of the band asked him if he remembered that show he said no . The bass play looked like he'd been smoking weed alll the way from Austin ..

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Tue 01 Jun, 2010 12:11 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

hah...I still have my PIL "t-shirt" from back in the day....

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 03 Jun, 2010 1:45 PM Quote
I saw Broken Bells last night in Toronto. Good show. They sounds great together, especially after being together only a short period. They played their whole album plus covers of Crimson and Clover and You Really Got a Hold on Me. Very cool.
HOWEVER, i feel like Travis shows have ruined things for me. No one else compares and I spend the time going "you are no Fran Healy!"

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 17 Jun, 2010 5:33 PM Quote
Muse at Vicente Calderón stadium, Madrid. Support artists: The Big Pink and Editors.

Editors were brilliant, I really enjoyed the gig. I was happy to see them cause when they came to Madrid in December I couldn't buy a ticket and I missed them :(
Muse were amazing! What a show! Matt is such a talented guy. I saw them in late November and I have to say that I prefer the towers instead of the pyramid. In case anyone is interested, pics here.

deebee
deebee Posted Thu 17 Jun, 2010 6:06 PM Quote
I saw Tri-Yann last Saturday and thought they were great at heating up the atmosphere. They're a Breton group with strong Celtic influences in their music. My only mistake was wearing open-toe sandals with all the dancing leading to very sore feet. It was mayhem but good fun.
Forgot to mention that these guys have been going for about 40 years and are probably at least retirement age if not older.

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Times UTC Current Time 1:11 PM