Travis

Re: Last gig you went to and rate it!
flc
flc Posted Sat 30 Apr, 2011 6:32 PM Quote
I have been at hindi zahra 's gig. It was a real escap,a dream. ...A very charming gig. The style of the singer is very interesting and original.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 10 May, 2011 2:39 PM Quote
Mogwai ar the Regency ballroom ............Epic . Openers were some band from Glasgow I never heard of called Errors . Kinda a slightly techno noise outfit but featuring guitars . Didn't realize there's some rule bands from Glasgow must play a telecaster . Impresive drummer . Very impresive because due to family issues for Mogwais drummer he also played in their 2 hour set . He threw down hard . They opened with the opening track of the new album and the set heavily featured that album . Very talkative show for them . In the past , not much said outside thank you . They closed out with sonic guitar army undertaking of noise . Pretty bad ass . They had film clips playing behind them during most of the new stuff . A band that must be seen live to appriciate .........hit village pizza before hand yum city

I'm jim Morrison , I'm Dead

ayana
ayana Posted Wed 11 May, 2011 9:41 AM Quote
Sufjan Stevens in Paris.

Magnificient. 10/10

Lord_Conker
Lord_Conker Posted Sun 26 Jun, 2011 6:40 AM Quote
Paul McCartney in Santiago, May 11.

10/10

No doubt, it was really unbelievable. 68 years old and he still delivers a pretty much flawless 150 minute show full of emotion and adrenaline. A great experience.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 10 Jul, 2011 11:50 PM Quote
Glasvegas + Cat's Eyes.
Plus a few thoughts on the iTunes festival.

I won the tickets so I went for free. If you ever happen to be in London in July, there's always the iTunes festival going on for the whole month. 1 gig per night. You can't buy the tickets, only win them online. Pros: it's for free. Well known bands play. For free. It's in really cool venues (this year - Roundhouse in Camden, I kept thinking 'whoaaa, Led Zeppelin used to play here!'). For free. They give away very few tickets so almost everyone is in the first row. Cons: you will end up with sooooooo many hipsters around you'll feel sick. There'll be teenagers, you and 50+ dudes.

Now. The bands. Cat's Eyes - terrible. I mean, they were rolling their eyes.
Glasvegas - I'm not the biggest fan but I quite enjoyed their albums. Not impressed with them live. They are not awful but quite boring. And I think I have never seen a band so full of themselves - I personally find it very annoying. Also, wearing sunglasses inside is really lame (unless you're Steven Hyde which they are not). All in all, wouldn't pay for it but I might try to get in tomorrow - Foo Fighters!

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Wed 13 Jul, 2011 10:12 AM Quote
Editors @ Istanbul (July 3rd)

It was awesome! Editors could be one of the best bends live. They definitely know how to make the crowd cheer up and Tom Smith acts like a freak on the stage :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 13 Jul, 2011 3:03 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Glasvegas - I'm not the biggest fan but I quite enjoyed their albums. Not impressed with them live. They are not awful but quite boring. And I think I have never seen a band so full of themselves - I personally find it very annoying. Also, wearing sunglasses inside is really lame (unless you're Steven Hyde which they are not). All in all, wouldn't pay for it but I might try to get in tomorrow - Foo Fighters!

yeah That dude is in love with his stage ramblings ....Now Megg trust me i've seen Zepplin , Travis is a better live band

mili
mili Posted Fri 30 Sep, 2011 6:29 PM Quote
Ufomammut at Korjaamo, Helsinki, 24th sept.

It was supposed to be a Finnish band and Morkobot, too, but the hubby and I came after the Finns had already started, and saw Ufomammut boys selling tshirts and stuff. So we went to talk to them (and do some shopping), as they are Ric's friends, and ended up only seeing them play. Anyways, that was more than fine, as they were very good and nice both on stage and out of it. Thoroughly enjoyed the evening!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 04 Oct, 2011 12:48 AM Quote
Fuckin awesome you took the chance and went . Pretty sure they love you for it

mili
mili Posted Tue 04 Oct, 2011 7:46 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Fuckin awesome you took the chance and went . Pretty sure they love you for it

Pretty sure they love you for it ;^)
If they come back next year, we'll be there again, all being well.

mili
mili Posted Sat 15 Oct, 2011 12:56 PM Quote
Kaiser Chiefs at the Circus, Helsinki, last night.

A very good and energetic party gig, danced, pogoed and whooped all through it. Some crowd surfing and flying beer at the front, luckily my friend and I were a bit towards back, and safeā€¦ I had tweeted the singer, R. Wilson, a request, and they played it as the first song in the encore. Coincidence? Maybe, but I'm happy.

rella
rella Posted Sun 16 Oct, 2011 4:00 PM Quote
flc wrote:
I have been at hindi zahra 's gig. It was a real escap,a dream. ...A very charming gig. The style of the singer is very interesting and original.

hi flc i really like your picture is it to do with the gig ? it looks like a dream

mili
mili Posted Sun 16 Oct, 2011 6:17 PM Quote
I was just playing my Teenage Fanclub setlist CD (has all the songs from the Helsinki gig setlist in the right order), when I started to think about the difference in the amount of songs different bands I've seen lately play. Kaiser Chiefs stand out with the short encore (2), I think they're a bit too used to massive arenas, it was sort of obvious with their show, too.

Some (dull) statistics from the last few gigs I've been to, including encore(s):
Morrissey: 20 (missed most of the support)
Teenage Fanclub: 21 (+ a very good support act)
Fran solo: 20 (excellent 2 support acts, loads of talking)
Mogwai: 15 (long tracks, interesting support)
Ufomammut: 7 (long songs, no encore, missed the supports while chatting to the band)
Kaiser Chiefs: 17 (dull support)

The most enjoyable of the above gigs were in order: Fran, Mogwai, Teenage Fanclub and Ufomammut (last two a draw, different animals). Kaisers' gig was a good party, but Morrissey was a slight disappointment, to my disappointment as an old Smiths fan (at least he didn't cancel!).

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 30 Oct, 2011 9:50 PM Quote
Fuckin best show of the year ....The Fastbacks , first SF show in 10 years , 2nd show ever in 10 years with The Muffs as support . Never heard of the openers, Uncle Joes big ol Driver . I'm thinking they're Seattle based. A great early Replacements like band. The Muffs played a set heavy on their 2nd album . Fastbacks sounded as if they never went away with a loud , energetic , surprisely tight show after calling it quits 10 years ago . The Fastbacks had a new single, covers of Cheap Trick , come on come on & Flamin Groovies, I can't hide , but stuck to their songs except for a BLISTERING version of Sweets Set me Free . Fuckin A Fantastic , FBX Forever....forgot its Holloween weekend , hence the drunkin Marie Antoinetts trying to flag cads, cabs at 2 AM

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 30 Oct, 2011 11:28 PM Quote
Mumford and Sons.
It was in my (almost) hometown, and not Toronto, which made it pretty amazing to start with. The crowd was way better than I thought they woud be and it was pretty cool to see them on their 2nd ever stadium show (the first ever being the night before). Although, I really really wish I could have seen them in a smaller venue before this.
They sounds amazing, they legit look like they are having fun on stage (which I love) and were having a blast.
2 thumbs up

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:11 PM