Travis

*FRAN : Question about being a dad (sort of...)
CaliGuy000
CaliGuy000 Posted Tue 18 Aug, 2009 5:36 PM Quote
Hi Fran

We have tickets to the Fran/Andy acoustic show in October, but we have to fly a few states away to see it (it's the closest show to us). I'm realizing how much I'll be missing my son for those few nights I'm away (I know I know - I've gotten soft now that I'm a dad and in my 30's).

A few nights is NOTHING compared to the time it takes to tour the world, so I was wondering how difficult it is for you to be away from your wife and son when on tour, and what you do to make coping easier...?

Cheers, and also cheers to you all, fellow fans!

Re: *FRAN : Question about being a dad (sort of...)
Fran
Fran Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 8:15 PM Quote
It's really hard. But this is normal for me and for Nora and Clay. When the band are off the road I need to get disciplined and write the next songs... this is somehow harder because I am here and yet I have to be down in my room trying to make lovely things when all I want to do is play with Clay. There is some time to hang and play though. One has to lear to balance things very well...
Good Q.

nadine-25
nadine-25 Posted Wed 19 Aug, 2009 11:23 PM Quote
Good question! Yes, i agree too, it's difficult but that is the life of a musician! But there is a positive side too: good to be in demand (especially artistic people)!

CaliGuy000
CaliGuy000 Posted Thu 20 Aug, 2009 3:22 PM Quote
Well, that discipline definitely shows through the music

See you in Dallas, give us a shout out and we'll have a toast (or 2, or 3, or 10, depending on the quality of the drinks!) to being a dad

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 20 Aug, 2009 3:55 PM Quote
Imagine how it was in the not-so-distant past when there were no cell phones, e-mail, and video chats. Must have been agonizing for musicians to be away, and only able to talk to their families when there was a land line available. Guys probably returned home to babies who didn't recognize them. Ouch!

CaliGuy000
CaliGuy000 Posted Thu 20 Aug, 2009 8:22 PM Quote
:-)

Ksu
Ksu Posted Wed 09 Sep, 2009 5:04 PM Quote
I think,when it was been,rock-stars were not:)Let's remember Beatles's situation :)they had only phone=)

Fran,you are lucky guy!:)You have a beautiful wife and funny son!And one question-do you plane one more child?:)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:45 AM