Travis

Thank you ladies and gentlemen, and goodnight
MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Mon 10 Aug, 2009 5:08 PM Quote
Not that it will prompt a mass outcry of emotion from anyone, but just thought id post this to say au revior from the board.

to be honest, when I joined the board it was far from the place it is just now. Personally, due to the (what seems like) massive influx of posts that I have no intrest in what so ever. and the nature of the threads, this board has become something entirely different to what it used to be.

Back in The Man Who era, sorry, just possibly slightly before this, I developed an enthusiastic love for the band. The music Travis wrote, for me was different. It was'nt Oasis (who at the time I also loved) but also not quite Radiohead.

Me and my mate used to walk home from school, tied to our compact cd players (lol) and blast Good Feeling and The Man Who. This new band could do no wrong. Then The Man Who !!!! Finally a band I could rival my brother with for " the best band in the uk " arguments. He always lamented me with " The Stereophonics are amazing " stories. Not that I dont like Kelly n co, I do.

But, I digress.....

So, The Man Who hit, Travis go huge.....

By the time TIB released I was a fully fledged superfan. I loved coming on here and hearing the rumors of what the album was going to be like, loved the gigs in The Barras, loved the interviews and the T in the Park appearances.

12 Memories, ok not acclaaimed, but what an album. Again fever pitch on the board as to what the album would be like and so forth... Again loved the gigs, the interviews, and the board atmosphere.
Loved the fact that Fran posted on the board, very rare imo, dont get that with many other bands..If any...

Then, for me, with the release of TBWNN and Ode the place changed. Too many arguments and too many random posts about things I couldnt care less about. Maybe its just me, maybe ive grown up and out of a place that I was before??? Could be, but im sure the board has not helped.

Nowadays its hit rock bottom. Thats obviously my own opinion, means zero to everyone else. Infact this post for what it is, is a complete contradiction. lol

The point in this, is just to show where i came from.

Que the "who cares" posts.......

Cheers for the brightening up of many a day to whoever you are folks, and cheers to Fran for contributing.

Yours in Travis

MoreThanMe

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:53 PM