Travis

Does Neil play drums on all of 12 memories
Hodgy
Hodgy Posted Sat 08 Aug, 2009 1:04 AM Quote
I know this album was started not long after his accident - Love Will Come Through was out on download in Sept 02 - only 2 months after he got hurt.
Also - Re-offender sounds like a drum machine is doing the drum parts - at least definitely at the beginning

Re: Does Neil play drums on all of 12 memories
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sat 08 Aug, 2009 2:50 PM Quote
I think I've read that drumming was his motivation to get him out of bed, keep going, and heal. So yeah I think it's him.

As for the drum machine loads of bands use them because it gives a song a certain sound/effect they are looking for.

I think there is only one drummer (see below) they would have turned to in their time of need and since he wasn't credited I am confident it was 100% Neil.

http://www.ai.mit.edu/lab/olympics/04/images/muppets-animal.jpg

NewBaby
NewBaby Posted Sun 09 Aug, 2009 11:15 PM Quote
if I remember correctly, he did not play drums on the version of Love Will Come Through that was released for the movie soundtrack. but he later re-recorded that song for their album release.

I actually like the version for the movie better (sorry neil...I still love you!)

maybe it's just because that was the one that I heard first...

as far as the whole album I think it's neil

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 2:33 PM Quote
hmmm I'm quite sure it's Neil all the way. LWCT was the first download (if I remember rightly) on Travisonline and the money made from it went to the charity Neil and the band had selected - The Spinal Injury Association. I think it was later than September though more like November (going though my old Travis archive lol).

I just can't see that they would have used this song if it was not Neil that is drumming on it.

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 10:16 PM Quote
Yeah i think LWCT was recorded before the accident with Neil on drums but he decided to re-do it when it came to the album. The only Track i think might not be Neil is Walking Down the Hill which sounds alot like a drum machine i think amazinly Re-Offender is him

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:24 PM