Travis

Re: Ode Musical :)
Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sun 21 Nov, 2010 12:04 AM Quote
Nora, how was the last show? Must be bittersweet to let such an important part of your life go, but I'm sure there's more in store for you out there. Change is exciting!
Oh, and what happened with Dave? :)

Welcome to the board, J! We are somehow related :P
Congratulations on the play, from what we've seen and what Nora has told us, you've all done a great job.

P.S. You have the hair and you are familiar with the make-up, I'd say you're ready to be the next Edward Cullen, ha!

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 21 Nov, 2010 9:49 AM Quote
HAHAHA

I didn't mean for you to COME HERE! :) How fucking weird is that!!!!

I will tell the others about the dvd next tuesday. So you all will get a DVD with pictures and vids - But with cutting and all this stuff I won't be able to finish it until January. Mind you I have to find out how to integrate subtitles in all this....But if it works out.
AWESOME!

Ana, our last show was GREAT! We had some few technical issues but besides that it was just awesome. The band had a party of it's own going on while everything else went very smoothly. Plus we exchanged J's Gin (which is supposed to be iced tea for the actor) with real whisky. So that was fun ;)
The audience was great!! So many people came...so many people from outside Switzerland...

And although we had some problems with the electric guitar the songs, especially the solos, went better than at any other show.

I will really miss this whole rock opera thing. Not just Ode to J.Smith but all the other things we've done during the last ten years...but I think it's the right time to stop now.
It's just such an huge amount of work!!!!

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 15 Mar, 2011 10:31 AM Quote

alright,

for those interested. there's a very bad youtube version online of the first concert we did. Actually it was more of the last rehearsal...given that the stage was half as big as it should've been...and other stuff didn't work.

Anyway. The youtube vid is quite bad, since I could not upload the 720p. I always get an error msg. So I oploaded the 420p version - which, thanks to youtube, is even worse now than it was on my pc. it somehow looks as a 200p movie.

I'm oploading the the second show as well, but only the crappy versions. The good version is not ready yet and that one I won't be able to upload anyway...

ah,...and it's in german.

ah...and it's not a musical..more a rock opera or so..

ah..and the camera sucks.....but the sound was pretty good recorded...given that it was a mini-handy-cam...

myaccount

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Wed 16 Mar, 2011 7:31 PM Quote
AWESOME, Nora!! It's better than nothing (and it doesn't look as bad as you say!)
I wish I knew German... still, I'm watching it from start to finish ;)

[Edit]
Have you send this link as a preview to Fran?? It's so cool to finally see it and listen to what you guys did with the songs!! Though I'm only guessing what they say in the dialogues, the audience laughs and I have no idea why, haha!

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 17 Mar, 2011 8:02 PM Quote
Hi Ana,

Thanks a lot. Yes I gave him this one though uncut. But this version is like the final rehearsal, so not quite goood yet. I uploaded the good version as well but Sony/WGM took it down. Sons of ***...

Anyway....Will send Fran the "good" version as soon as I'm done cutting.

Thanks a lot again...it's been a hell of a fun doing that...

mili
mili Posted Fri 18 Mar, 2011 11:22 AM Quote
I just watched it, good job!! My German skills are limited (especially with Swiss accent), but got the gist.

The film 2 was removed?

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 18 Mar, 2011 7:31 PM Quote

yeah..the film you saw is our premiere or our last rehearsal..it's on a very very small stage with limited possibilities. The better show, also better quality has been removed though :(. WMG and Sony claim their rights.

Shit, I say, but anyways....

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] All Times BST Current Time 7:12 PM