Travis

Re: Michael Jackson reportedly dead
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 7:39 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I find it extremely disrespectful when people degrade someone they know nothing about.

I find it extremely disrespectful that people continue to laud praise on someone they know nothing about, a double edged sword perhaps??

Dubz

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 8:30 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I find it extremely disrespectful when people degrade someone they know nothing about.

I find it extremely disrespectful that people continue to laud praise on someone they know nothing about, a double edged sword perhaps??

Dubz

I have only praised his talent and expressed my sympathy for those left behind.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 8:33 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Dubz

Fair enough, but others are under the impression he was a saint and a musical genius, he's been compared to Beethoven for christ sake ?!?!?

Dubz

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sat 27 Jun, 2009 8:39 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Dubz

Fair enough, but others are under the impression he was a saint and a musical genius, he's been compared to Beethoven for christ sake ?!?!?

Dubz

I wouldn't go that far, it's not really my taste of music either :P

Moray
Moray Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 2:29 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:
l can't imagine the day when any Travis member die :(

the day john lennon died , i still can remember exactly what i was doin when the news came on

it was always George's death for me, that was the one that tugged my heartstrings. Plus I was 4 months old when John passed.

I've found Michael Jacksons death odd. i Owned a copy of 'Dangerous' on tape and loved it as an album, it was brilliant. And still remember dancing to Smooth Criminal in my living room when I was young (incidently, that included grabbing my crotch, as you do, and being ticked off by my mum, and having absolutely no idea why that was so thoroughly inappropriate!!). Anyway, I completely can't associate that Michael Jackson with who passed away on Thursday. Does that make sense? His final public image and persona was so far removed from the height of his popularity, it was like two different people. i completely dis-associated the two. Still very sad, as one so young with young children left behind, but not an artist I had strong feelings towards in any way.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 2:35 AM Quote
Moray wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:
l can't imagine the day when any Travis member die :(

the day john lennon died , i still can remember exactly what i was doin when the news came on

it was always George's death for me, that was the one that tugged my heartstrings.

He died on my birthday :(

strongbow1
strongbow1 Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 9:54 AM Quote
Seems strange that the majority of people suddenly appear to be avid Michael Jackson fans now he is dead. Why save these praises till a person dies you could have sang his praise when he was living. His death over shadows a lot of other deaths. I don,t see many people showing concern for Sky Saxon,s family or praising his talents.
I have never been a Jackson fan and i certainly ain't going to start being one now he is dead. I am entitled to my beliefs just like your entitled to yours. How many other parents have died recently and left kids behind aren't their deaths just has important??

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 5:03 PM Quote
Billy Mays apperently died today.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 5:21 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Billy Mays apperently died today.

beat me to it , dam

sky saxons is a big deal to me , i had a run in with him in golden gate park , bummed i never got to see him play

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 5:26 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

He died on my birthday :(

thats rough

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 5:35 PM Quote
strongbow1 wrote:
Seems strange that the majority of people suddenly appear to be avid Michael Jackson fans now he is dead. Why save these praises till a person dies you could have sang his praise when he was living. His death over shadows a lot of other deaths.

People have sang his praises plenty while he was alive, albeit not so much in recent years. The man contributed a great deal to modern music and should be properly recognized for it.
Is it fair that his death is overshadowing the deaths of others, no, but such is life. I don't know if it's been mentioned previously cos I can't be bothered to look through this whole thread, but, perhaps his death overshadowing the others is a good thing. It could give the other families more much needed private time to heal.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 6:32 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

I've found Michael Jacksons death odd. i Owned a copy of 'Dangerous' on tape and loved it as an album, it was brilliant. And still remember dancing to Smooth Criminal in my living room when I was young (incidently, that included grabbing my crotch, as you do, and being ticked off by my mum, and having absolutely no idea why that was so thoroughly inappropriate!!).

you still do this , dont you?

Anyway, I completely can't associate that Michael Jackson with who passed away on Thursday. Does that make sense? His final public image and persona was so far removed from the height of his popularity, it was like two different people. i completely dis-associated the two. Still very sad, as one so young with young children left behind, but not an artist I had strong feelings towards in any way.

I feel the same way . I remember the whole music video revolution and how Michael Jackson was the biggest exponent of it in the early 80's.
They were treated as an event more than a video and in some cases they were, others not.

But that was the and this is now. I find it difficult to associate the two.

No matter how rich or famous he was . I don't think he had a great life and that i find that saddest thing of all.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 28 Jun, 2009 6:39 PM Quote
strongbow1 wrote:

How many other parents have died recently and left kids behind aren't their deaths just has important??

Michael Jackson was a famous celebrity that most people can relate to in some way, only fair that his death gets more attention. This thread doesn't mean that his life was worth more than anyone elses. People are just chocked about his death and want to talk about it, it doesn't involve anybody else. If I had time I would do some research and start a R.I.P-thread about every single person that have died cause their lives is worth just as much. You don't have to love him, but you can still show respect to a dead guys relatives.

strongbow1
strongbow1 Posted Mon 29 Jun, 2009 7:39 AM Quote

Michael Jackson was a famous celebrity that most people can relate to in some way, only fair that his death gets more attention.

So how do you relate to him?

You don't have to love him, but you can still show respect to a dead guys relatives. [/quote]

Do you honestly think typing about his death @ Travis online is showing respect to a dead persons relatives?

Are you going to show the same amount of respect when Gary Glitter dies?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 29 Jun, 2009 2:13 PM Quote
strongbow1 wrote:

Michael Jackson was a famous celebrity that most people can relate to in some way, only fair that his death gets more attention.

So how do you relate to him?

I can relate to his music and that he's been a major part of the celebrity-world for the last decades.

You don't have to love him, but you can still show respect to a dead guys relatives. [/quote]

Do you honestly think typing about his death @ Travis online is showing respect to a dead persons relatives?

[/quote]

Yeah I do, I don't think it matters weather they actually see it or not.

Are you going to show the same amount of respect when Gary Glitter dies? [/quote]

Don't know, can't tell.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:10 AM