Travis

Re: Michael Jackson reportedly dead
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 12:43 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

Jeff Goldblum died today too. Apparently he fell while shooting a movie.

Where did you hear this? Coz my sister saw it on some really fake lookin website, and someone else told her. I think it's a joke tho...

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 12:47 AM Quote
l can't imagine the day when any Travis member die :(

Meridith
Meridith Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 12:48 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Where did you hear this? Coz my sister saw it on some really fake lookin website, and someone else told her. I think it's a joke tho...

Someone sent me a link...but I haven't been able to find anything else on it...so it's probably not true.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 1:03 AM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:

the day john lennon died , i still can remember exactly what i was doin when the news came on

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 1:08 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:

the day john lennon died , i still can remember exactly what i was doin when the news came on

Yeah ?
And what were ya doing?

Actually, people is saying that this day is the same as the day when Lennon died...

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 1:12 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

Someone sent me a link...but I haven't been able to find anything else on it...so it's probably not true.

UPDATE: Jeff Goldblum HAS NOT died. I repeat. HE'S ALIVE. On E! They just confirmed that they made some calls to his representatives and he's alive and well in NZ. So... false alarm.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 1:19 AM Quote
What a crazy day!

strongbow1
strongbow1 Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 1:29 AM Quote
he was just a kiddie fiddler who made some shit songs - all child perverts deserve nothing but death!!!

strongbow1
strongbow1 Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 1:30 AM Quote
he was just a kiddie fiddler who made some shit songs - all child perverts deserve nothing but death!!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 1:33 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:

Jeff Goldblum died today too. Apparently he fell while shooting a movie. (I've only seen one thing on this so far though so I'm not sure if it is indeed true or not.)

Ive heard this too, but unclear if it is a hoax or not at this point

Oh, just heard that it is infact false. Hope it is. No more death today, please

Edit: sorry, hadnt seen LG's post when I wrote that

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 1:48 AM Quote
strongbow1 wrote:

You're a lovely person yourself, obviously.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 2:16 AM Quote
OMG!! Everybody is dying... I think I've reached an age when the actors, musicians and writers I grew up watching, listening and reading begin to leave this world and there's no one left to take their place... I must admit that I stop admiring Michael Jackson some time ago but it's undeniable the impact he made on music... shocking news indeed...

RIP Farrah Fawcett :(

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 2:20 AM Quote
In a way, it's like there were two Michael Jacksons. The one I remember seeing doing the "moonwalk" on stage and wondering how in the world he did it, and then the bizarre person he morphed into. I think most people my age see it that way. Michael was always quirky, but in the 80's before all the surgeries, before the skin fading, before all the accusations against him, he was really something. I was never a fan, but most of my friends were. I'm probably the only person I know of who DIDN'T own Thriller.

It's weird that he's gone, but I don't think anyone expected Michael Jackson to become old.

Remembering when people died:

Elvis: I was in Kentucky with my grandparents, just coming back to Michigan. They were playing his songs the whole way, on every radio station. I remember my grandma saying, "I sure wish we hadn't lost Elvis." I think that's when I figured out that he died. I was 6.

John Lennon: I went to my babysitter's house after school and saw it on the front page of the newspaper.

Princess Diana: Watching Saturday Night Live. They interrupted the program to say that she'd been in a crash, but she'd be ok. Then later they came back to say she had died.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 2:28 AM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:

Yeah ?
And what were ya doing?

Actually, people is saying that this day is the same as the day when Lennon died...

watching TV , the news busts in the show , " john Lennon has been shot " and I was thinking Ok he could live through it and then it cuts in again " john lennon had died "

I'm kinda bummed about Sky saxon dying today , i did meet him once but never saw him play

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 26 Jun, 2009 2:36 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Rammsfer wrote:

Yeah ?
And what were ya doing?

watching TV , the news busts in the show , " john Lennon has been shot " and I was thinking Ok he could live through it and then it cuts in again " john lennon had died "

I'm kinda bummed about Sky saxon dying today , i did meet him once but never saw him play

How old you were at the time?

They stole Lennon's life, they shot him, and MJ lost it in a natural way.

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:14 PM