Travis

Re: Candy Exchange Partners
Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 29 Jul, 2009 9:45 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Oh, God...I am so sorry. You are getting extra Godiva in that case. I bought you a lot of stuff. It's on it's way. I've just been SO crazy busy and I work nights at the newspaper and sleep most of the day, so I can NEVER get to the post office! Don't worry...chocolate is coming your way! *HUG* feel better!

Oops, sorry... I think the expression is 'bitter pill to swallow'.

Thanks very much for your sympathy. I'll get over it but I might have to buy some chocolate to tie me over until I get the stuff from you. I really look forward to tasting that Godiva stuff!!

And don't worry about not having sent it, it's just me being impatient :) I know how difficult it can be to get to the post office, especially because they tend to be open while I'm at work!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 29 Jul, 2009 5:18 PM Quote
Kayte!!! I received your package this morning!!!! Thank you so soooo much!!!
Everything looks so yummy! Can't wait to try it! My camera stopped working sometime ago, but if I can make it live again, I'll take some pics :o).
I'm writing a paper for uni with my sister and a friend, and the three of us love sweets, so this could not have arrived in a better time! Candy is always a must when you're pulling all-nighters. :oD

Thank you very, very much!

Oh, and I loved that you put some of the candy in ziplocs! Ale says that's a very mom thing to do :o).

weirdmom wrote:
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I think it's very irregular because I'm very untidy and messy when I write :oP.

rolls eyes and ignores.

Haha, ok :oP

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 29 Jul, 2009 6:19 PM Quote
I'm glad it arrived! I put things in zip-lock bags just in case the package got hot sitting in a truck somewhere and caused the chocolate to melt. I didn't want it to be a disaster.

Um, is it bad that I only ate half a sandwich for lunch so that I could save the rest of my calories for my Argentinian candy? It sounds like a reasonable thing to do, right?

It was so nice of you to send so much, Juli! There's enough to go around so the kids don't have to fight!

P.S. Smooth chocolate + Dulce de Leche = Yum

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 5:34 PM Quote
Anne! I received it today! Thank you so much, everything's fine and not at all messy. Well, Junior Mints are in fact one giant Junior Mint but it's still delicious! You sent a lot of stuff! Also, thank you for stealing from your own children for me, LOL!
Peanut butter cups are great. And ohhhh I LOVE the lollipop! It's so pretty I'm not sure if I ever decide to actually eat it, hahaha ;)

Let me know when you get yours!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 5:41 PM Quote
Jr Mints and Peanut Butter Cups are things of happiness and joy.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 6:29 PM Quote
I'm glad you're enjoying the stuff I sent, Kayte :o). I hope the chocolate didn't cause a mess... I didn't think of the heat, silly me. Very glad to hear you like dulce de leche!

My camera decided to come back to life this morning, so I took a couple of pics:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/893/candyexchangejulio20090.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/893/candyexchangejulio20090.jpg

I don't know if you can see it on the first pic, but Kayte's penmanship is beautiful and neat! Kayte, the way you do the I is very nice. I'd never seen it written like that before.

So far I've only tried the Everlasting Gobstoppers, and I really like them! I'm very curious about Peanut Butter Cups and Reese's Pieces. I'll try them this afternoon on a break watching a House MD episode.

Junior Mints and Pez remind me of Seinfeld, lol.

I don't know if I mentioned this before but in Argentina there's a tradition called "Semana de la Dulzura" (Sweetness Week?). Every year, the first week of july, people exchange a candy for a kiss (on the cheek). This year, due to all the Influenza A paranoia, I didn't get any candy at all. It was very sad, lol. But this is like Sweetness Week a few weeks later! Haha. So thank you very much, Kayte. I'm sending you a big virtual kiss :oP.

Oh! And this is what I wanted to send you but forgot: chocolate umbrellas (Paragüitas).
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eKUSAdpPRLc/R6qah4wNoLI/AAAAAAAADFw/fObhdCXGBuM/s320/Parag%C3%BCitas+Fel+Fort+01.jpg

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 6:35 PM Quote
I'm very curious about Peanut Butter Cups

Good stuff.

juuuli
juuuli Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 6:38 PM Quote

juuuli
juuuli Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 6:39 PM Quote
Finally managed to send the candy today. Hopefully it'll find its way to Scotland!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 6:43 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Good stuff.

Meggy has your candy arrived yet?? I'm getting worried some customs agent has eaten your candy.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 6:51 PM Quote
it makes me so happy that Peanut Butter Cups and Reeses Pieces are being shared around the world.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 7:48 PM Quote
I have to tell the world that I am very disappointed with the changes made to Everlasting Gobstoppers. When I was a kid, they were BIG. They only came in packs of 2, but they were BIG. They changed colors several times, not just twice. And the sour stuff in the middle tasted better. Why did they have to change quality for quantity??

Kids are loving the candy. Violet said, "This is wiwwy GOOD! Mmmm I wuv it!" Today we had the Nugaton bars. Yum, like a big Kit Kat.

For those of you who received Junior Mints, try putting them in the fridge. They are delightfully refreshing when chilled!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 8:02 PM Quote

I don't know if I mentioned this before but in Argentina there's a tradition called "Semana de la Dulzura" (Sweetness Week?). Every year, the first week of july, people exchange a candy for a kiss (on the cheek). This year, due to all the Influenza A paranoia, I didn't get any candy at all. It was very sad, lol. But this is like Sweetness Week a few weeks later! Haha. So thank you very much, Kayte. I'm sending you a big virtual kiss :oP.

Between this and friendship day, you are such a lovely people.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 30 Jul, 2009 9:36 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

Good stuff.

Meggy has your candy arrived yet?? I'm getting worried some customs agent has eaten your candy.

Dear Anne, please look up and read my previous post ;). I did in fact get it!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 31 Jul, 2009 12:26 AM Quote
Wow, Juli, you've gotten some goodies there :o). I <3 3 Musketeers chocolate and SweetTarts! Yummy! And Junior Mints look so delicious! :o)

Pages Previous 1...7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:39 PM