Travis

Re: Ode Tour Merchandise in Wee Store
mili
mili Posted Mon 06 Jul, 2009 12:30 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Hi Mili
I've been wondering about the sizes for the women's t-shirts. May I ask a favour if possible? Could you measure the t-shirt before you send it back please? I need to know the width at the bottom from one side to the next and the width across the chest (from one side to the other under the sleeves)
I'm not skinny like your daughter and not that tall either so it's probably too small for me too, lol!

When the shirt is flat on the table, the measurements are approximately as follows:
shoulder to shoulder (seams) 36,5 cm
under armpits 47 cm
hem 48 cm
length from top (top of the collar) to bottom about 70 cm

The shirt is made in Pakistan, maybe that's XL there. It made me feel like an elephant! Also, I'm not totally impressed with the quality of the printing in these shirts (I have the J. Smith one already). I bought a Morrissey t-shirt from a gig a week ago, and it seems to be much better quality overall.

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 06 Jul, 2009 1:39 PM Quote
Ahhh thanks Mili - you're a star for doing this!
You also proved that it's just a bit too small for me too (missing a cm or two in places!)
There is an XXL (that makes me feel HUGE,lol) but it doesn't say next to it that it's a woman size yet it's under the same category. Blimey that sounds confusing, I know what I mean, haha.
Anyway, cheers for measuring it :-D

mili
mili Posted Mon 06 Jul, 2009 2:53 PM Quote
Oh, I wonder if the XXL is new, I didn't notice it earlier! I wonder if I should try to get that next… I just don't feel like paying postage fees over and over again

The men's XL luminous eye t-shirt visited my house, too, but that was HUGE. The J. Smith I have is men's medium, quite good (wide shoulders). I usually wear UK size 14-16/Euro (German, not Italian or French, sizes) 42.

It really is pot luck with the internet t-shirt purchases!

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 06 Jul, 2009 3:46 PM Quote
LOL Mili, we're exactly the same size!!
I've got the 12 memories t-shirt but it's the men's version in size L which is fine so I can imagine that a men's XL must be really big. There is an enormous difference tho' between the mens and womens ones (they must think all women are tiny!!!)
I'd prefer to have a women's t-shirt, simply because they have more shape.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 06 Jul, 2009 3:51 PM Quote
The men's sizes are really big. I sometimes go for a medium, sometimes large. With these Travis t-shirts i definitely would prefer medium. But i'd accept large.

TRAVIS, TRAVIS, TRAVIS, TRAVIS!!!

I still check every day to see if they have it in.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 14 Jul, 2009 2:23 AM Quote
My hooded sweatshirt and Travis tour t-shirt arrived today! Woot!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 3:57 AM