Nae Mince in Moray
Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 10:29 AM Quote
Nae Mince in Moray a Scots rap in Doric

Dubz

Re: Nae Mince in Moray
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 2:40 PM Quote
I understand the thing as a whole, but if I had some of those lines on their own, I would have NO IDEA what the guy was talking about. Before I clicked on the words, I thought he said, "Sex in the morning."

It's almost like trying to decipher Cajun. You get some of those real backwoods down by the bijou guys and it's like a completely different language. You can get the concept of what they're talking about, but word by word you'd be lost.

Moray
Moray Posted Sat 06 Jun, 2009 10:12 PM Quote
This is a perfect illustration of why Doric is the worst regional dialect in Scotland.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 07 Jun, 2009 9:02 AM Quote
Moray wrote:
This is a perfect illustration of why Doric is the worst regional dialect in Scotland.

Worst, in what way ??

Turtleneck wrote:
I understand the thing as a whole, but if I had some of those lines on their own, I would have NO IDEA what the guy was talking about. Before I clicked on the words, I thought he said, "Sex in the morning."

It's almost like trying to decipher Cajun. You get some of those real backwoods down by the bijou guys and it's like a completely different language. You can get the concept of what they're talking about, but word by word you'd be lost.

I know what you mean, I wasn't really listening the first time I heard it and it made no sense, you have to kinda "tune" into it.

Dubz

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:31 AM